Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

:p

Its gonna be fine! Mine is currently 1.5c also even up here so I wouldnt worry just yet.

Just seen the forecast on news24 and I might have to go back to your original point! Will the front make it into Bristol and East Somerset?

The forecast graphics only showed it affecting Devon and South and West Somerset and Dorset!

It's going to be a close one!

Posted

Just seen the forecast on news24 and I might have to go back to your original point! Will the front make it into Bristol and East Somerset?

The forecast graphics only showed it affecting Devon and South and West Somerset and Dorset!

It's going to be a close one!

I think might just see it falling but not settling :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think might just see it falling but not settling :)

I think we stand a good chance of it laying as it will be an early evening and over night event so lower night time temperatures will help it as well as long as it makes it here!

Can't wait to get first reports of snow and pictures posted! :clapping:

A real shame dartmoor matt isn't around because it looks like its just reached his neck of the woods.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

We're all very quiet this morning. Have we all been on the Jagerbombs? :D

I haven't got the radar subscription at the moment, I am relying on raintoday, can anyone tell me what is going on please?

Raintoday is showing something right over the top of me, but all I can see is a very heavy sky.

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

We're all very quiet this morning. Have we all been on the Jagerbombs? :D

I haven't got the radar subscription at the moment, I am relying on raintoday, can anyone tell me what is going on please?

It's going to snow!!

Bridgwater and Taunton are going to be cut of with 10ft snowdrifts lasting all month!

Get your supplies in now, you won't be able to get out your door for a long time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

It's going to snow!!

Bridgwater and Taunton are going to be cut of with 10ft snowdrifts lasting all month!

Get your supplies in now, you won't be able to get out your door for a long time!

I agree however 10ft is a bit extreme.. maybe 5ft.

Posted

LOL funny b**gers! :D

Still on the Jagerbombs then? ;)

You lot turned me into a weathergeek, so now you need to pay the price by humouring me as I am too tight to pay for the subscription.

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

I agree however 10ft is a bit extreme.. maybe 5ft.

I think you have been looking into FI on the GFS too much... :rofl: Either that or you been on the jager bombs too! ;)

Posted

You lot seem very much into the jager bombs today.. Is this thread secretly sponsored by jagermeister?

I must say that this ppn isnt making much progress so far.. This is probably a good thing.. Allows more cold air in our side however I just hope it doesnt quite scare it off?

Posted

It's going to be one of those days isn't it, where I get nothing done because I am too busy geeking.

I wish all these weather stations would give out the same information, apparently my dewpoint ranges from -1c ~ 3c & my temps range from 1c ~ 4c :aggressive:

Posted

If you look out of the window it will tell you dew points are a bit high at the moment - with fog at 1.5C then the air is saturated and hence the dew point is very similar. You actually want to see the fog clear as dryer air undercuts from the east to get any chance of snow and this will not happen until later today - look at XCweather to see the easterly component in the wind arrive this evening and then dew points will fall away properly after midnight.

Posted

It's going to be one of those days isn't it, where I get nothing done because I am too busy geeking.

I wish all these weather stations would give out the same information, apparently my dewpoint ranges from -1c ~ 3c & my temps range from 1c ~ 4c :aggressive:

You are actually in a ok position! Somerset has been forcast a couple of cm's of snow overnight!

Don't be suprised if it starts as rain though, I think it will be a rain to snow event for Somerset! You could wake up in the morning to a small covering!

As for Bristol, I have doubts that the PPN will even get here now! Going to be a overnight thing if it does though

Posted

Where are they located? If you have a sensor below 1 metre it will show colder reading because ground temperature is different to air temperature because cold air sinks hence why you get a ground frost on a clear night even though air temperature might be up at around 3c.

Either that or one may just be closer to a heat source?

Posted

Tell you what its freazin just got up about to go to footy, going to freaze me nipps off, but im in a good mood as i cant see this being rain to cold for that lol just hope the ppn does get across

Posted

Hello all,

I will tell you one thing I was on the Jager Bombs last night and it was fricken freezing outside should of taken my coat!

Sadly I am working 2-10 inside with no windows so will miss all the fun! or lack of.

Current temp here 4.5 dew point of 3.6

J

Posted

Ill be shocked if it even reaches here lol.. It certainly isnt move easting at the moment.

Posted

Dew point peaked at 2.3c and its now falling slightly and the fog has cleared.

Right I better go find my coat and car keys in town <_<

Posted

Hello all,

I will tell you one thing I was on the Jager Bombs last night and it was fricken freezing outside should of taken my coat!

Sadly I am working 2-10 inside with no windows so will miss all the fun! or lack of.

Current temp here 4.5 dew point of 3.6

J

hehe if it does manage to reach Cheltenham , surely you get a fag break lol, If your working over night , your lucky as expect most members will be asleep by the time the PPN gets that far and will miss it all anyway lol.

Posted

Well only just check the charts but it seems to be GFS against NAE regarding Snow in the South West , there at odds with each other that at least gives us a nail biting chance , Once that PPN budges in to Cornwall you usually find that it tends to move a little quicker after that , although the delay IMO can only be a good thing for Somerset .

Posted

met office warning just updated to amber for south , southeast wales .lets hope it spreads to us all later :acute:

Thats the warning, if you look at the charts it shows just rain and not much at that either. Seems to drizzle then fizzle out.

Posted

met office warning just updated to amber for south , southeast wales .lets hope it spreads to us all later :acute:

hehe don't sound to promising on low ground does it .... using the words a slushy covering could not be ruled out . Snow falling looks 70% at the minute to me though ... them Wales temps are already very low so they are going to do well... anybody fancy taking the Taunton - Cardiff Train lol