Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

All looks really promising going forward, although going by some on the mod disscussion thread it has to be too good to be true!?!

Until the ukmo comes back on board there is that kinda naggin feeling, but that model wobbled a few days ago and todays 12z could be another one, hopefully the 00z will follow the ecm/gfs route.

Posted

I also hope the 18z follows the 12z just like last night when it was a tad better fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The TV forecast won't have the 12z output in them yet, whether they are live or recorded as it takes time to translate model output into weather forecasts!

I think, but do correct me if I am wrong, that the first TV forecast with the 12z data is the one on the 10 'o' clock news!

On a positive note... The met office regional updates graphics nearly every hour and it has changed symbols for bristol and somerset to sleet/snow for sunday night and monday. :air_kiss:

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

On a positive note... The met office regional updates graphics nearly every hour and it has changed symbols for bristol and somerset to sleet/snow for sunday night and monday. :air_kiss:

Are they not based on the GFS Op like the Netweather ones?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Are they not based on the GFS Op like the Netweather ones?

No the map is updated by human I believe.

Maybe that should be by a person as that sounds strange! :rofl:

Edited by mullender83

Posted

No the map is updated by human I believe.

Maybe that should be by a person as that sounds strange! :rofl:

Thats a positive then! I think its going to be a Lampost watching event, although I would be very suprised if you didnt get a covering! Your in a prime location! A 50mile shift westwards of the cold air on the 0z output could change everything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Is this the right thread for christhurch/Bournemouth? I never know as we are sort of in the middle of SW and SE!

Posted

Is this the right thread for christhurch/Bournemouth? I never know as we are sort of in the middle of SW and SE!

Probs Southern Central thread be best for you! But your more than welcome to post in here too, the more the merrier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I'd say stick to the SW thread, we're a nicer bunch than those in the SE thread :p lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Probs Southern Central thread be best for you! But your more than welcome to post in here too, the more the merrier

I may flit between the two and be a flirt!! Lol.

I'd say stick to the SW thread, we're a nicer bunch than those in the SE thread :p lol

Eekkk! Haven't checked it out yet. I don't know if I dare now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Evening all. Could be interesting times ahead, if the output for the end of next week were to verify then it could be the coldest daytime maximums in at least 26 years or even back to 63. However I think we wont reach those dizzy heights as the temps are often over done and will probably level out to something realistic but still damn cold all the same!!

As for snow, we will just have to wait and see in the long term, in the short term though don't be expecting a dumping as seen on many occasions in the past these set ups often give light ppn to lower ground with the heaviest ppn on high ground and often is patchy!

Sorry to be a pooper!

Posted

I choose between the both of them, sometimes i post on both of them as Dorset is often in two camps!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

What is there to expect tomorrow night then?

Is it just going to be sleet on lower ground?

Posted

That looks the favourite outcome yes, although in these situations, expect the unexpected!

Mendips, Cotswolds & Moors should do well hopefully though

Posted

The problem with this front and the associated ppn is, will it be cold enough? Remember for it to snow the dew point needs to be at or around freezing if it is'nt then it will be wet snow,sleet or rain. I think many places may get some snow but will the dew points be low enough for it to settle??

Posted

Expect many places to see some snow falling as for accumalations unlikely West of Bristol except mendips . 6z Nae should give us the best idea in the morning.

Posted

Expect many places to see some snow falling as for accumalations unlikely West of Bristol except mendips . 6z Nae should give us the best idea in the morning.

Though i had not seen you in the Midlands thread,Chris. when did you move to the South West?

Posted

Though i had not seen you in the Midlands thread,Chris. when did you move to the South West?

moved last June as my partner is from Weston super mare and wanted to move back. Still visit leicester though and miss it at this time of year loads ... Visit to parents house in leic seems in order come next fri lol

Posted

moved last June as my partner is from Weston super mare and wanted to move back. Still visit leicester though and miss it at this time of year loads ... Visit to parents house in leic seems in order come next fri lol

Nice move mate, got my eyes on a move down to cider country one day..

I bet you miss those trips to skeggy when the east wind is blowing :rofl:

Posted

Nice move mate, got my eyes on a move down to cider country one day..

I bet you miss those trips to skeggy when the east wind is blowing :rofl:

lol yep. Im at bingo at min but will nip in midlands thread when i get home about half ten.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

GFS rolls out in next hour, will it bring an upgrade for us for tomorrow? What do people think?

Posted

Dryjoy joined us in the nice warm cosy SW thread from Wimborne, so this is definately the place for you! :p