Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Far North Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Nobody can deny that the 18z is a bit dodgy for our area, but I'll bet we'd still get some sort of covering as the GFS sometimes underestimates evaporative cooling etc. However, we'd be looking at 1-3cm with the 18z as opposed to 5-10cm with the 12z. As I keep saying, I doubt we will know what's happening until t0.

Posted

Nobody can deny that the 18z is a bit dodgy for our area, but I'll bet we'd still get some sort of covering as the GFS sometimes underestimates evaporative cooling etc. However, we'd be looking at 1-3cm with the 18z as opposed to 5-10cm with the 12z. As I keep saying, I doubt we will know what's happening until t0.

NAE 18z looks better though... much better, for NW too.

Posted

NAE 18z looks better though... much better, for NW too.

Ah yes, I forgot we can start looking at that now! (within +48)

It is more accurate than the GFS and gives us 10cm. Still game on, possibly ;)

Posted

That's epic!

I'm very nervous about this Atlantic Frontal situation though

And 54 would, I think, show it plopped over the NE :-)

Posted

LOL, got to give the BBC credit, they sure know how to confuse people !!

The METO website this morning shows heavy snow for Newcastle tomorrow, along with an ongoing warning, indeed, we could end up buried.

Forecaster on Breakfast just know had graphics up showing Newcastle ( and all the rest of the NE) as being TOTALLY DRY all weekend !!

How the hell does that work??

Karl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

-4.3c here brrrr

Posted

-4.3c here brrrr

Morning Snowstorm,

Whats your thoughts for our region this weekend, I am quietly confidant were on for some decent snow this weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Morning Snowstorm,

Whats your thoughts for our region this weekend, I am quietly confidant were on for some decent snow this weekend.

Morning dave, I am too confidentish but we want this front to arrive as late as possible say around 6pm would be ideal otherwise could be at first slushfest due to it been daytime and then as evening comes a few cm would eventually lay. However if it arrives in the evening were looking at least 5cm + ; im starting to slowly get more confident that this will be snow for our part of the region however were right on the boundry so fingers crossed! :D

Posted

Fairly good NAE this morning, although that NMM frame looks a bit iffy. It shows a spell of heavy snow for east Cumbria and the NE, followed by a brief spell of drizzly rain. I'd bet that the NMM would go on to show a wintry mix though.

Posted

Fairly good NAE this morning, although that NMM frame looks a bit iffy. It shows a spell of heavy snow for east Cumbria and the NE, followed by a brief spell of drizzly rain. I'd bet that the NMM would go on to show a wintry mix though.

Let's hope there's a shift back to what yesterday was showing. This is not as good for us - less ppn and what does fall will be snow to rain rather than all snow.

Posted

Let's hope there's a shift back to what yesterday was showing. This is not as good for us - less ppn and what does fall will be snow to rain rather than all snow.

The GFS shows a sleet-rain-snow event as an area of cooler air undercuts the front again from the NW, but we'd get 1cm as the front would mostly be a wintry mix. Still all to play for this morning, but still just as knife edge.

Posted

Any thoughts from IF or TWS on our prospects for tomorrow?

To be honest I think we will not know for sure whether it will end up being all snow,snow to rain,just rain until the event commences later tomorrow.I have followed the weather for many years but this is a very unusual occurence Matt Hugo on Two has posted this morning and i would suggest a look at his post as it gives a full overview. Edited by Rollo

Posted

To be honest I think we will not know for sure whether it will end up being all snow,snow to rain,just rain until the event commences later tomorrow.I have followed the weather for many years but this is a very unusual occurence Matt Hugo on Two has posted this morning and i would suggest a look at his post as it gives a full overview.

I've read it (I'm on TWO much more than here!), and it's excellent. I think it all comes down to whetherit ends up a little further west.

Posted

Unless there's a significant on-the-day shift W, I'm going to call this a disappointing event. Some transient snow before rain turns it all into a slushy mess. EMids, EA, and SE should get some, but the models are giving ever higher uppers and pushing it further E. AH well-.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Amsterdam getting it just now.

http://www.terena.org/webcam/

Overloading the server as its gone down Peter..But ive found this one and they're getting hammered..!!

http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/page7/h264_streaming_video.html