Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted

Just seen England has severe weather alert for severity level 3 just issued by med. Oh goodness.

How come England on severe weather alert though and not Wales?

Now that is a weird one - I would say - may be they haven't fully updated that yet - But I know GFS is also giving temps of up to -10 in Wales too over the coming nights - reason for severe weather alert - the cold rather than any heavy snow just yet! - I hope it's not a bias - but I don't think so - we will be getting those temps or worse too Ali - and any precip will be snow

Lovely bit of snow here now - looking like the last bit according to the radar - very scenic and xmasy!

see if I can get a piccy folks

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Now that is a weird one - I would say - may be they haven't fully updated that yet - But I know GFS is also giving temps of up to -10 in Wales too over the coming nights - reason for severe weather alert - the cold rather than any heavy snow just yet! - I hope it's not a bias - but I don't think so - we will be getting those temps or worse too Ali - and any precip will be snow

Lovely bit of snow here now - looking like the last bit according to the radar - very scenic and xmasy!

Yes thought it was weird too, sort of the whole country split up lol. Your a lucky :diablo: you with your snow. I am in such a bad mood because we did not get any lol, I just want it sooooooooooo badly. Enjoy Andy your white fluffy snow.

Edited by ajpoolshark
no worries Ali, have sent you a quick pm :)

Posted

no snow settled here overnight at all!, currently snowing lightly but not sticking.

Posted

Not deep and crisp and even - but at least it's white and still snowing

I have about the same here - however, it has been snowing for over 20 hours so it could have been much better. Mustn't grumble though as some people didn't get anything.

Posted

Just seen England has severe weather alert for severity level 3 just issued by med. Oh goodness.

How come England on severe weather alert though and not Wales?

I've been thinking the same question :/ the level 2 only covered the English counties........seems really odd to me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Still snowing herr but not sticking higher parts good covering however

Posted

Still love this piccy - from the archives - December 2010 - could still happen over the coming couple of weeks for all of us

DSCF0060.JPG

Edited by andymusic

Posted

isn't it typical when they say we are having snow it fails to appear,when someone else is supposed to have snow they get it!

Posted

The dusting this morning has all but melted away.

Clouds are clearing and the mountain looks nice and white. Snow line looks like 250 - 300m here for settled snow.

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

still snowing in Sneggy, settled on the hills and a very light powdering on some of the cars and roofs but absolutely nothing on the road, pavement or street level !! And its been going since 6pm last night ! Unbeleivable ! I guess it was just too wet and not quite cold enough ??

419348_10150638011710569_545675568_11395869_1505812039_n.jpg

Posted

good news at last to report, been snowing lightly here all morning with odd heavy showers. not sticking, but sticking 100+ metres on mountain. location A470, upper boat, pontypridd. from what i am reading this is likely to fizzle out shortly, can anyone confirm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Been snowing on and off all morning here, nothing worth shouting about and not settling. How are we looking rest of week ? Mainly eastern coasts now during the easterly? Or more battlegrounds?

Posted

good news at last to report, been snowing lightly here all morning with odd heavy showers. not sticking, but sticking 100+ metres on mountain. location A470, upper boat, pontypridd. from what i am reading this is likely to fizzle out shortly, can anyone confirm?

according to meto and rain today radars it should give it up but the sky still looks full of it and it's still coming down here! :clapping:

Been snowing on and off all morning here, nothing worth shouting about and not settling. How are we looking rest of week ? Mainly eastern coasts now during the easterly? Or more battlegrounds?

potential battlegrounds and showers from the east are all possible - now the cold is in - any precip will be snow

Posted

according to meto and rain today radars it should give it up but the sky still looks full of it and it's still coming down here! :clapping:

potential battlegrounds and showers from the east are all possible - now the cold is in - any precip will be snow

cheers guys i was thinking the same looking at radars and the sky.

Posted

GFS 0600 Monday for thursday 1200z is looking interesting. see if that comes off. anyone care agree/disagree? although i know its a long way off.

post-10664-0-15829500-1327930384_thumb.p

Edited by worldairgroup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

GFS 0600 for thursday is looking interesting. see if that comes off. anyone care agree/disagree? although i know its a long way off.

Looks like light wintry showers

Posted

Looks like light wintry showers

coming in from a fairly strong easterly wind/fetch they could end up being quite "beefy" - cold is in - now we wait and see what snow will fall - and any more battleground scenarios from the Atlantic (the best set up for Wales really)

edit:- still snowing lightly here now!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Need to keep a watch on the front approaches Tuesday it just about reaches Pembroke ECM has it covering Swales.

Posted

yes its still coming down up here,but not sticking anymore. if it had been colder and bit heavier this would have been real fun lol. still happy plenty to build a snowman and when it goes just jump in car 2 mins up the bwlch lol

Posted

because its still snowing i had a look at the radar and noticed that some brighter stuff is moving from ireland towards west wales,looks like heavier stuff to me but not sure if it will get all the way across what u think guys? and also how much longer will this last? because temps should drop soon and if this is still coming down may start to stick again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry or freezing snow extremes!

Snowing properly here , all be it small and light, but none the less its 100% snow.

Wasted though, all wasted as the ground is too wet.

No doubt one solitary flake will stick, then the front will have burnt out.

Oh well, a flake is a flake and one is better than none!!!

I may bottle one of these flakes and freeze it as a reminder of the crap winter of 11/12.

Edited by horacegoesskiing

Posted

GFS 0600 Monday for thursday 1200z is looking interesting. see if that comes off. anyone care agree/disagree? although i know its a long way off.

I think showers (or perhaps weak toughs) from the east coast are our best chance of snow over the next 3-4 days (exception the south west of Wales which may see some frontal snow tomorrow), as occurred in December 2010. These events are hard to predict so keep an eye on the NAE and radar. The flow is quite slack though and may also be a little too straight easterly, so I wouldn't get hopes up for any significant snow from this source.

Looking at the models there is some agreement for a warm-up next weekend with the possibility (likelihood?) of snow on the leading edge although it would require a fortunate but quite plausible evolution for this to work out as an ideal battleground (i.e. snows over us and then goes back to the atlantic from whence it came).