Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

About an inch covering here this morning but at about 300m there is 2-3 inches and up to 4 inches above 400m. So the line between getting a good covering and nothing was very fine. It's annoying in these knife edge situations it always seems to end up the wrong side of marginal.

Must have happened over half a dozen times the past 2-3 years.

Posted · Hidden by Bobby, January 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Bobby, January 30, 2012 - No reason given

It looks like battleground snow events will be our best bet coming up, with more cold air about our chances of seeing proper snow should be better.

Posted

because its still snowing i had a look at the radar and noticed that some brighter stuff is moving from ireland towards west wales,looks like heavier stuff to me but not sure if it will get all the way across what u think guys? and also how much longer will this last? because temps should drop soon and if this is still coming down may start to stick again.

Still making good progress eastwards should stall or weaken worth watching though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Walking out of my exam and it was sleety rain (my school is lower down than where i live) then walking hope up the hill it was turning more and more to proper sleet, then got to my house and it was sleety snow, now its just very ligh snow again! Been snowing most of the day, which i didn't expect! Shame the ground is too wet for it to stick! Temp is stuck at 1.7C, which is the highest it has got today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Here's another piccy for ya - Senghenydd mountain - 300m (ish)

DSCF0127.JPG

lol thats the same mountain i can see from my house (albeit I'm looking at the other side ) and yes it has a really good covering. We're in Sneggy itself and theres nothing on the ground. The valley Is 200m asl (I think ) and the mountain 300m or so ? The 100m obviously makes a difference !!

Posted

The old front is increasing in size hope it hangs around long enough to give a covering in S west Wales.With green and yellow now appearing.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Snowing in Trimsaran near kidwelly has been for past half hour

Im in Felinfoel at the moment... Colleague just been out and said it's snowing. I can't confirm this until I go out later

Posted

I'm guessing there's absolutely no chance of the front moving back northeast a little, despite the intensification of the PPN in the last hour?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Not looking the best in the model thread tonight, but then again they are just getting confusing so I haven't a clue what might happen! Anyway stopped snowing here now and though im not confident we will get much going on tonights charts, hope for something proper later in the week in the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Bloody cold!! Snowed most of the day in work but nothing sticking - too wet. Nice to see the hills/mountains white in the background tho. We'll have to see what comes of the next few days - hopefully get some snow, but ...........

Well if anyone who missed out wants to enjoy the snow just head up above 300m. Several inches of thick dry snow, looks a winter wonderland, it should stick around for a while too with a cold week coming up.

Might be the last for a while looking at teh current models.

Posted

A cold, raw day in Pembroke with occasional rain and sleet and a cutting wind.

Heavier sleet on the way back to Tenby. Temp hovering between 2c and 3c.

Edited by benb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

snowing again...sticking too..

Posted

just wondering if any of the weather forcasts have got it right by saying rain clearing out tonight because they had us down for drizzle today but defo not snizzle and the full blown white fluffy flakes we are having now ????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

will it stick tho :sorry:

Not likely :( but i'm just happy to see it falling!

Edited by Scarlet_Snow

Posted

Interesting met rainfall chart the front has intensified it cant move west because a line of showers are moving east to west so its ground to a halt.

Edited by keithlucky