Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Trimsaran

Being at a higher elevation I would imagine if the temperature does drop lower you'll see some sticking, or if the precip intensifies!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and snow

Being at a higher elevation I would imagine if the temperature does drop lower you'll see some sticking, or if the precip intensifies!

i really hope so we have had our hope up so many times of late

Posted

:drinks:

Do you live in the village itself? Take a walk up the mountain ì bet the lane that goes from there to Five Roads should have accumulating snow if it's anything like last night... from around 120m asl it started to stick. What altitude are you?

Posted

1.0c - still snowing, still not bloody settling. What a waste.

Edit: Correction, now starting to settle on the grass. :)

Edited by Buzz

Posted

Do you live in the village itself? Take a walk up the mountain ì bet the lane that goes from there to Five Roads should have accumulating snow if it's anything like last night... from around 120m asl it started to stick. What altitude are you?

cheers for that will do that now and let you know what i see as for my asl havent a clue dont know anything bout weather just like reading the forums and listening to you lot :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Stopped snowing here just as it was starting to stick

Posted

Clear and cold here. There's a dusting of snow on the tops above the Horseshoe Pass and the very top of Moel Famau. There seems to be a better covering on the hills to the south and west of here.

Max today: 2c

Current temp: -1.9c

Hopefully the snow that settled here ( between a dusting and 1cm on grass, roofs will last, until the freeze overnight, as this would probably then stay until the end of week

Noticeable that the snow edged further away from the house as time went on.

Temp was 1.0c at half past 3.

Posted

cheers for that will do that now and let you know what i see as for my asl havent a clue dont know anything bout weather just like reading the forums and listening to you lot :cray:

just been to top of mountain sticking on the sides and the grass but the roads are perfect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Just been outside. Won't be doing that again in a hurry :cold: :cold:

Posted

That area of sleet/snow looks to be spreading westwards, atm, according to the NetWeather radar.

Could be a good covering on the Preselis.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a chance I'll see a flake here!

Posted

Looking at the radar, the remains of the front seem to be intensifying - although the eaternmost edge of the band is slipping very, very, VERY slowly south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hey everyone, woke up today for work with a few snowflakes falling. The ground was soaked after last nights disappointing sleet/rain. Just finished work and as I got out the car it started snowing very very lightly.

I don't expect anything overnight but it's the right temperature now for snow to keep falling rather than it to keep turning back to sleet/rain as it did last night. Would take an awful lot of heavy snow to even begin to stick here though, the ground is soaking.

Also, looked out of the window this morning to see the hills opposite (Over Tumble way) were covered in snow. Half of some fields were covered with snow, whilst the other half of the field was green grass! Quite strange but it goes to show I wasn't too far from snow, ASL-wise but it can make all the difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well the snow stopped a few hours ago now, temp has risen however now at 2.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Snow wont stick flakes to small

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Snowing in Haverfordwest, Pembs. Not sticking yet. Chilly though 0.8c

Posted

I am not saying there is any bias but when they do a chart breakdown ,they mention Scotland Ireland england South east.WE ARE PART OF THE MODEL OUTPUT FOR UK LOL.

Posted

I am not saying there is any bias but when they do a chart breakdown ,they mention Scotland Ireland england South east.WE ARE PART OF THE MODEL OUTPUT FOR UK LOL.

There is biased and blatant snubbery in all weather forecasting of Wales, bbc forecast pointed at Cardiff and goes south eastern scotland should see some snow, this was yesterday.

Weatheronline won't mention Wales unless it's ENGLAND AND Wales.

Metoffice have improved but yet again still far from perfect, Weather Two sticks wales in a 'south west' region although scotland and northern ireland have their own, And tbh Wales climate is way different to the climate of South Western Ireland. It's really annoying.

Posted

hi guys just had a look at radar and it does look like most ov west wales could see a few hrs ov snow tonight,also radar shows some heavy stuff down to the side ov cornwall that looks like its heading north lol. some guys down west may be lucky tonight,i hope u get it guys.

Posted

Just read this on WO ?Midday run of the GFS model tones down the snow risk significantly, and brings back milder air next week; not convinced. :acute: Hope not

Models continue to show uncertainty going forward, although they are edging towards agreement of a westerly (i.e. warmer) incursion this weekend. The question is how far this will push against the block, which ranges from pushing it right back to eastern Scandi (UKMO) or barely pushing it out of the UK (ECM). Ideally we would like even this to move 2 or 3 hundred miles west and then we would have ourselves a battleground.

Even if the atlantic pushes well in this weekend, the signals remain good for a return to cold after (scandi-siberian ridge never really goes away too far; stratospheric warming provides good background signal; ECM model shows return to easterly flow by the middle of next week).