Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted

Heard them mention 4 inches this morning.. Can't remember whether it was BBC or ITV. Not 8 inches though!

The Meto warning says 10cm which is more or less 4 inches, but that was "may accumulate across hilly parts of south and south-east Wales", so quite specific. I still wouldn't be surprised to see 5-10cm across the Brecons and the tops of the valleys by lunchtime tomorrow, it was always forecast to be a slowly turning to snow event. Heads of the valleys traffic cams suggest they already have a couple of centimetres in places.

Posted

But I didn't see any media organisation saying 8 inches of snow.

met office gave figures ov 5 to 20cm and they said 4 inches on bbc last night,lets be honest they got this wrong for most areas,yes it has snowed and high areas do have some cover but met office covered lots of areas that have had only rain,the temps have not been as cold as first thought. i have seen snow nearly all day but wet stuff mostly and road outside my house is white but as iv said i am high up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The Meto warning says 10cm which is more or less 4 inches, but that was "may accumulate across hilly parts of south and south-east Wales", so quite specific. I still wouldn't be surprised to see 5-10cm across the Brecons and the tops of the valleys by lunchtime tomorrow, it was always forecast to be a slowly turning to snow event. Heads of the valleys traffic cams suggest they already have a couple of centimetres in places.

Okay, all it said on the TV was 4 inches 'possible' though. Obviously I didn't expect that, that was always only going to be possible over higher ground in central and Eastern areas. To be honest I didn't expect anything anyway.

Anyway, yes the Merthyr Tydfil traffic cam looks very good for the snow lovers around there!

Edited by CarmarthenshireWeather

Posted

Im live very close to one of those heads of the valleys traffic cams and whilst there are a few cm's on grass banks,parked cars etc it's nowhere near "disruptive" and,maybe,that's a good thing.

Just come back from a quick walk with the dog and it's still very sleety.

Posted

http://a2.sphotos.ak..._45680559_n.jpg

here is a piccie hubby took about 2 hours ago sorry about quality taken on a phone

Edited by chubbystuff

met office gave figures ov 5 to 20cm and they said 4 inches on bbc last night,lets be honest they got this wrong for most areas,yes it has snowed and high areas do have some cover but met office covered lots of areas that have had only rain,the temps have not been as cold as first thought. i have seen snow nearly all day but wet stuff mostly and road outside my house is white but as iv said i am high up.

I didn't see the Met Office saying 20cm, 10cm yes, I think their forecast has not been that far off really, and other people in this thread have said similar things. The amber warning doesn't really cover that big an area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

here is a piccie hubby took about 2 hours ago sorry about quality taken on a phone

Impressive seeing as a few miles further south there is nothing

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

met office gave figures ov 5 to 20cm and they said 4 inches on bbc last night,lets be honest they got this wrong for most areas,yes it has snowed and high areas do have some cover but met office covered lots of areas that have had only rain,the temps have not been as cold as first thought.

They got it more or less spot on from what I can tell. It was always unlikely to be a 'big' snow event, you always get a few on here hyping things up (I even got a bit over confident of prospects this afternoon). The real cold is not even here yet, and we have the forecast wintry mix, with snow in places.

Posted

Nice, may not be loads but at least you got some! As I have said, I am in Pontyberem and I have nothing. We've had rain/sleet for the majority of the night.

Impressive seeing as a few miles further south there is nothing

And by miles, I am 3 miles from Upper Tumble..3.2 to be exact! Localised indeed.

Posted

I didn't see the Met Office saying 20cm, 10cm yes, I think their forecast has not been that far off really, and other people in this thread have said similar things. The amber warning doesn't really cover that big an area.

when i looked last night or this morn cant remem lol,it covered nearly every where except for newport i think? also just by reading this thread u can read that lots have not had what they thought was going to happen. i myself in this area have had what i would say ok but the snow line does seem to be a lot higher than most people thought it would be. anyway i got my snow so dont care ha ha. enough to make a very short snowman but just up the road it is quite bad,just saw pic on face book and bwlch is now closed how do i take pic off facebook and put on here? not my pic?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

when i looked last night or this morn cant remem lol,it covered nearly every where except for newport i think? also just by reading this thread u can read that lots have not had what they thought was going to happen. i myself in this area have had what i would say ok but the snow line does seem to be a lot higher than most people thought it would be. anyway i got my snow so dont care ha ha. enough to make a very short snowman but just up the road it is quite bad,just saw pic on face book and bwlch is now closed how do i take pic off facebook and put on here? not my pic?

Either copy and paste or right click the photo and save to your pictures, then upload it onto here?

Posted

Strange that TUmble got that while more likely palces have missed out.

Is Tumble much higher though, even 50 metres or so, makes all the difference.

Posted

Either copy and paste or right click the photo and save to your pictures, then upload it onto here?

will give it a go now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Have watched big yellow Mr Blobby slowly shrink to weirdy spectre looking jelly fish on meto during the day. Snow - not a jot, and combined with, yet again, failed attempt to cook pork, am not a happy lady. Especially after a) persuading husband to chop more logs in anticipation of snowmageddon and getting out the goosedown duvet (not needed so far this year) and c) wondering whether the fragrant Ms Tobin on meto/beeb weather vid being a bit too, hmm, what shall I say, unseasonably uncovered in the frock frontage area.... presumably all offices in meto/beeb, blood warm and no need for jumpers then............

Posted

Well it's been snowing since 4pm, a nice cover in these valleys.

blinking hell snowy im just off A470, upper boat and we not seen a flicker of snow. really goes to show how a few miles and height are affecting things. good on you guys, good luck overnight with any more.

Is Tumble much higher though, even 50 metres or so, makes all the difference.

Actually just looking and Tumble (esp upper tumble) is quite high and can easily make a difference.

Does anyone know if Llannon had any snow I know soemone who lives there.

Posted

not sure if i done this right maybe a pic of the start ov the climb to bwlch mountain at 7 tonight.

my god im a clever boy in i lol

post-8250-0-98864000-1327875504_thumb.jp

Edited by welshwizard

Posted

Actually just looking and Tumble (esp upper tumble) is quite high and can easily make a difference.

Does anyone know if Llannon had any snow I know soemone who lives there.

They have a bit there not quite as much as us about 2 hrs ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Turned back to rainy sleet now as the temperature has gone back up to 2.0C, was nice while it lasted! Good luck to everyone tonight, will have to see what the rest of the week may bring for those who missed out tonight!

Posted

They have a bit there not quite as much as us about 2 hrs ago

Guessing Drefach doesn't have any/much. Just remember how lucky you are! :D Could have shared some though ;) Haha.

Posted

Guessing Drefach doesn't have any/much. Just remember how lucky you are! :D Could have shared some though ;) Haha.

Its mine all MINE Lol