Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (cymru) - Regional Weather Discussion (part 3)

Posted

post-2826-0-12544300-1327865042_thumb.jpg

Tuesday night Gavla

hehe u nicking my image from sw thread(my desktop in background haha busted lol) ... Hope it happens though be good for both our regions lol

Posted

Looking a bit better now but still waiting for the "proper" snow.....all still very wet at the moment if u know what i mean.

Having said that,it's starting to stick on the side roads now but the radar is saying there's not a great deal left of this front.

Posted

The real cold hasn't even reached your neck of the woods and if Grimbsy Snow Lovers post in the snow reports section is correct he has just seen Sleet/Snow at 16m ASL on the east coast! so i think the cold air is just starting to dig in now.

i have watched 2 weather forecasts today on the tv and looked in the mad model thread and it does sound like the real deep deep cold may not happen,dont get me wrong it will be cold but not what has been spoken about the last couple of days, also a huge area of wales have not seen any snow today at all and it was said yest that most of wales will see between 5 and 20 cm,i myself am quite high up and have seen snow today,but lots havnt.also many expereince guys on this site do think we may not have the very very cold and also the cold wont last long. i hope they are wrong for you guys but today has not been what many people thought it would be.

Posted

Sorry to upset everyone who has not seen any snow today, but it is -1 according to the car and we have just over an inch of snow and it's still coming down.

People are talking about this fizzling out overnight but met office have us an amber until midday tomorrow who is right.

Should really go with you guys who seem to do a better job than the bbc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sorry to upset everyone who has not seen any snow today, but it is -1 according to the car and we have just over an inch of snow and it's still coming down.

People are talking about this fizzling out overnight but met office have us an amber until midday tomorrow who is right.

Think it's very localised! I am not far from you at all and I have hardly seen a flake fall!

How much ppn is forecast for tue then? Because i onestly give up either snow or not at all literally been waiting all day for nothing. It now seems that something has gone horribly wrong today as i also poked my head in the model thread and its doom and gloom with cross model agreement its all over at +144?

There is some agreement about the block breaking down but that is at T+144, a lot can happen before then, 3 days ago it looked as if it wouldn't get cold and that was wrong.

My advice re teh models is to have another look tomorrow is it is still saying a breakdown for Sat, then it may be more likely. When was the last time there were uppers of -24c into Germany for the models to deal with.

Posted

Any pics for us all??

Posted

Temp has risen slightly here - I didn't expect that 0.9c now with dp -0.9c - precip has turned back slightly more sleety accordingly. We've got a patchy dusting of snow, perhaps half a centimetre in some favoured spots (like the top of the greenhouse).

Precip on the radar seems to have gone slightly further east over the last hour or so which may explain the rising temps here, at least it should mean it keeps snowing longer (I hope).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Snow sticking to roofs here...need it to stick on the ground not the roof :doh:

i have watched 2 weather forecasts today on the tv and looked in the mad model thread and it does sound like the real deep deep cold may not happen,dont get me wrong it will be cold but not what has been spoken about the last couple of days, also a huge area of wales have not seen any snow today at all and it was said yest that most of wales will see between 5 and 20 cm,i myself am quite high up and have seen snow today,but lots havnt.also many expereince guys on this site do think we may not have the very very cold and also the cold wont last long. i hope they are wrong for you guys but today has not been what many people thought it would be.

Who said that most of Wales would see that much snow.

As for the models nothing is set in stone, the cold is coming, it going remains in FI.

Posted

Any pics for us all??

I would but not entirely sure how to upload from my phone on to here easy for fb, will have to investigate and try

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

It has been over a year since i last saw snow, now its finally snowing outside i feel like a little kid again haha :)

Posted

I would but not entirely sure how to upload from my phone on to here easy for fb, will have to investigate and try

Upload to Facebook then. then go on the computer/laptop save the image and post here. I want to see what I am missing out on just 5 minutes (if that) up the road :(

Posted

Who said that most of Wales would see that much snow.

As for the models nothing is set in stone, the cold is coming, it going remains in FI.

sky tv forecast bbc forecast met office all said and met office put most areas on yellow and amber alert

Posted

Cars and grass have a covering but it's been a ridiculous waste of snow all these hours really. Saying that though, precipitation seems to intensified slightly. As for the radar, the front has narrowed but it doesn't look like it's about to die out to me.

Posted

So disappointing to think if the temps had been right from the start, how much snow a lot of us would have right now..

Posted

But I didn't see any media organisation saying 8 inches of snow.

Heard them mention 4 inches this morning.. Can't remember whether it was BBC or ITV. Not 8 inches though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Level 2 alert on Met Office for severe cold weather next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp now 1.7C and it keeps changing between sleet, sleetysnow to snow...