Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And The South East Regional Discussion Thread - II

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Still snizzling here and its settling in patches.

It's still frozen round here as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Cold and Hot inc Stormy Weather

dandruff snow in colchester at present. Getting heavier and wind is picking up.

but nothing on radar. hmm. :huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Looks like some decent showers popping up in the Thames on a NE/ENEerly wind flow! Early days but minor streamer territory...

Yes, I see what you mean.

Posted

When do you think our best chance for snowfall is?

I'm only going on my area as we are in a strange little micro-climate caused by being on the Eastern lee of the South Downs (great for Easterlies!). I'm going for later than that, Friday night into Saturday, maybe Sunday. I can see where you're coming from and depending on where the fronts set up and the knife edge line between warm and cold ends up, it could be anywhere in our SE region and during any (or all) of the days from Thursday through to Sunday lunchtime.

Frankly I hope the whole SE region gets blanketed and this thread becomes a lighthouse of joy in a sea of model misery!!!! a060.gif

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Yes, I see what you mean.

Waiting to see if they'll intensify a little as they move further into the estuary and hit land...

Posted

SS9 Continues to be the start point for this Dandruff Streamer! But it is still mostly rain with a few sleety bits mixed in, ground now absolutely soaked!

Temp 1.6c

Dp 0.4c

So the Temp and dewpoint heading in the right direction at last!

Posted

dandruff snow in colchester at present. Getting heavier and wind is picking up.

but nothing on radar. hmm. :huh:

Dandruff, getting heavier and an increase in wind, eh? None of us is immune to the ravages of age....

But, trying to be positive as Coast would like, with great age comes great wisdom. Sometimes.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

I've had light snow here constantly since 7 this morning, not settling though because of how light is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

heavy dandruff falling from the sky in Faversham, at least things are picking up, I'm happy with that

Posted

Heaviest it has been since the start yesterday now.

Still 85% Rain and 15% Snow though - Although it it absolutely raw now.

Just popped out for a Ciggie and legs froze instantly under my Jeans!

Posted

I think this murk is caused by the front going through, once this is through the clear weather over the continent hits the North Sea we may see some proper convection.

Edited by warrenb

Posted

I've had light snow here constantly since 7 this morning, not settling though because of how light is!

Looks like your in the firing line for some of those slightly heavier shower moving in off the north sea Dan. Will be interesting to see if they bring any decent precipitation.

Posted

SS9 Continues to be the start point for this Dandruff Streamer! But it is still mostly rain with a few sleety bits mixed in, ground now absolutely soaked!

Temp 1.6c

Dp 0.4c

So the Temp and dewpoint heading in the right direction at last!

Seems to be getting a bit heavier the dandruff, signs of it back building on the radar as well?

Im showing Temp of 0.9c and DP of -1.4c based on weather station at sarfend.co.uk/weather, based in leigh on sea.

Edited by StLuke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Here's hoping! It's nice to see the snow falling even if it is light

Posted
Yes but this chart is also showing it should be snowing now. http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20120131/06/06/prectypeuktopo.png The GFS snow chart (as I'm sure you know) is pretty vague at best. To be honest I think our chances of substantial snow fall seem to be diminishing with every run at the moment :sorry: Such a shame as the charts a few days ago showed us being in a real freezer akin to last winter. Still we should have a good chance of a streamer or snow showers at some point between wed night to friday. However I think Roger's prediction of thundersnow and 60cm will be far of the mark............................Yamkin, please prove me wrong and say we'll all be getting 6ft drifts ;)

JamesC, Something is wrong at the MetO as they keep on telling Croydon Council it will be dry and there is very light snow in the area right now with more to come. Contact is being made for an explanation.

As for what Roger predicted for us in the SE is still very probable indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Glad to hear temps are starting to plummet near the coast. It's looking good today guys, the ppn keeps building on the radar even if it is only light snow, it's a start.

It's still snizzling here and still settling in patches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I am glad that I have remained somewhat skeptical. I learnt my lesson from El Gordo. :cray:

On the plus side, i can't be dissappointed this way.

Posted

Seems to be getting a bit heavier the dandruff, signs of it back building on the radar as well?

Im showing Temp of 0.9c and DP of -1.4c based on weather station at sarfend.co.uk/weather, based in leigh on sea.

Yh temp and dewpoint are dropping literally minute by minute. That was from my weather station at 1050am

Now showing 1.1 and -0.8c on the Dp so a huge drop in 45 minutes on the dewpoint! :good:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Hail,sleet :(

Posted

JamesC, Something is wrong at the MetO

A 'little bird' would lead me to believe that they are battling with all the current models, data and synopsis just as much as the amateurs are, but with a mind to their responsibility to the UK population. I'm not sure that the conditions are unique or unknown, just very difficult to forecast even at this proximity

Posted

A 'little bird' would lead me to believe that they are battling with all the current models, data and synopsis just as much as the amateurs are, but with a mind to their responsibility to the UK population. I'm not sure that the conditions are unique or unknown, just very difficult to forecast even at this proximity

Indeed, I have to say I would not like to be a MetO forecaster today. There is a risk of heavy snow in the SE over the next few days and also a risk of absolutely nothing as well. At the moment it seems they are siding with the absolutely nothing route and it appears that they are already wrong!!!! :rofl:

-- sitting on the Olympic Park at the moment and it's snizzling!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If my memory serves me correctly at the peak of the snow last year, the local news weather were asked how much more was to come and when it would end. Their answer was something along the lines of 'We don't know, your guess is as good as ours'.

At least they were honest!