Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 5

kold weather

Posted

I thought the main snow event wasnt forecast for the midlands until the early hours of the morning?

Check the radar, it's going to begin to pivot soon, the "event" is still just off the coast in the North Sea. Radar looks fantastic for E Mids for the forseeable future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just the wrong side of marginal here currently re. T850's.....pesky warm bubble of air nosing in from the west, thus light but steady rain here, hoping that the output was correct and colder uppers will arrive overnight before PPN peters out

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

For what it's worth the 12z NMM shows a previously unrepresented intense chunk of precip coming in from the NE around 7 to 9pm, going right over Northampton, Leicester, Notts, Birmingham etc and finally losing intensity as it approaches Cardiff.

This has came out of nowhere on the NMM and was not on the 06z in any shape or form.

edit:

Actually it was represented on 2nd looks, but it formed part of the main band, it looks totally different now, and appears seperate from what is heading over wales and the SW, more intense too.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

For what it's worth the 12z NMM shows a previously unrepresented intense chunk of precip coming in from the NE around 7 to 9pm, going right over Northampton, Leicester, Notts, Birmingham etc and finally losing intensity as it approaches Cardiff.

This has came out of nowhere on the NMM and was not on the 06z in any shape or form.

Could you post pic?

Posted

Surprised that it's set in so early, been raining here for hours now

It very usually is rain here, we did okay last year though, people saying east get less, west get less, I dare see it's rather even over a period of time!

I'm not disappointed, I always expected nothing from this, IF we get snow over night then great, if not, there's still time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Does it? AWESOME!!

I really think nobody expected that massive chunk of PPN in the North Sea to be there at this stage, I certainly didn't, it's massive...

post-2115-0-39284100-1328806377_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

edit:

Actually it was represented on 2nd looks, but it formed part of the main band, it looks totally different now, and appears seperate from what is heading over wales and the SW, more intense too.

thanks for the update....Yes, for the east midlands it looks like snow all the way, for the west midlands it looks like a change over from 1900hrs or so to snow as T850's drop into the negative values, if this particular output verifies

Posted

Could you post pic?

I'm not sure if your allowed to post Netweathers NMM pics ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Rain heavy enough for a couple of puddles now. Pesky warm bubble of air doesnt look like shifting, its going to take some special snowfall to accumulate by the time the rains stopped. Dissapointing and very dissapointing models this evening. Here's hoping it looks up a bit later.

Posted

No shocks it's all falling apart for here yet again, the east always has to take everything from us :lol:

Thought it was supposed to track south west? If that still stands then there is loads to come, what it will be is another matter right now.

Posted

METO upgrade for Chesterfield again for heavy snow from 6PM. Ironically I have a fund raising event I have put a reasonable amount of work into tomorrow PM and would not want it cancelling, The batch of snow we had last time cancelled another fundraiser. I really can't decide if I am happy or sad about the upgrade again.

Posted

Thought it was supposed to track south west? If that still stands then there is loads to come, what it will be is another matter right now.

The heavy stuff is out in the north sea heading for the East Mids at the moment, it looks like by the time 850pHa's are below freezing everything would of cleared away from here anyway.

Posted

I'm not sure if your allowed to post Netweathers NMM pics ?

sure they wont mind one. or just let me know based on the nmm what u would forecast for leics?

Posted

sure they wont mind one. or just let me know based on the nmm what u would forecast for leics?

It won't let me post it, says the image is not allowed :p

Sent you a quick PM though.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

As requested :D

NMM model snapshots as of 1900 hours....PPN type, T850's and Dew points

post-4149-0-76058300-1328806587_thumb.pn

post-4149-0-08378700-1328806598_thumb.pn

post-4149-0-10178600-1328806612_thumb.pn

NMM model snaphots as of 2200hrs with same parameters

post-4149-0-85524100-1328806664_thumb.pn

post-4149-0-52837600-1328806676_thumb.pn

post-4149-0-78879300-1328806689_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

hmmmm Darren Bett on the BBC just now downgrading it a bit, rather than 5-10 cm he said max 5 cm, most areas just a dusting.

Posted

^ It wouldn't let me do that :(

Looks GREAT though. I know i know look at radar, but if thats right, we are in for some fun.

hmmmm Darren Bett on the BBC just now downgrading it a bit, rather than 5-10 cm he said max 5 cm, most areas just a dusting.

Darren Bett needs too look at the 12z NMM ;)

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Thanks for that AJ and Kmanmx for the Pm, the 8pm one you showed me i like the most heaviest precip right overhead. Tbh this morning i felt anywhere east of brum were looking at 1-3cms, so if this comes off how its looking it could now, il be very glad to be wrong. Lets hope the nmm is still undercooking the precip and we all get a snowday tomorrow.

Posted

Anything in leicester yet? heavier precip definately about there now by the looks of it

Posted

Anything in leicester yet? heavier precip definately about there now by the looks of it

Not a single tiny flake anywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Nothing here in Barlestone yet, but the 16:50 wunderground update has East Midlands under light snow, must show something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dramatic

Nothing here. In fact getting brighter.

Mind you I am looking south :80:

Edited by Garfmort

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Nothing here. In fact getting brighter.

Really? Cloud has thickened over in Barlestone.