Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 5

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Poor old me, Conor & Radders....folks have snow and we have rain...It's not fair, it so unfair, the Mongolian Tea Leaf Model output promised me snow! :cray:

:w00t: :w00t:

Edited by ajpoolshark
correcting my abysmal spelling...lol

Posted

Sleet here now. No doubt about the fact that the stuff over the North Sea is heading south-westwards. Had a go at tracking where the very heavy stuff is heading for. Had it coming into the West Midlands somewhere around Coventry if it keeps heading the way it's going right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just been outside -- still 100% rain here, as far as I could tell. Temp now 0.5 °C. BBC1 weather just now looked very dicey indeed for anyone west of Brum -- the snow might just have reached here, but Shropshire, Herefordshire etc will be disappointed if the Beeb's map was right. Showed snow area going more or less due S once it reached Brum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Poor old me, Conor & Radders....folks have snow and we have rain...It's not fair, it so unfair, the Mongolian Tea Leaf Model output promised me snow! :cray:

Haha...DAMN THE TEALEAF! Looks like one of thoose nights I mentioned last night! Im glad to see my skeptical position on the event is coming to fruition.

Posted

You've got Stourbridge in on your rain party as well this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

I think if it's going to snow it'll do so later tonight. We've still got light rain here, 0.3oC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

there wont be any snow tonight, not cold enough, uppers high, precip not heavy enough, just hope its dry tomorrow, Friday earlier in week was looking very wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks a little sleety out there now. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Rhe

don't forget me!

Amazing I am only About 5 miles from Lichfield but it is snowing here. I am sure it will be snow in Lichfield soon :)

Posted

Looks like it is turning back to rain here, temperature still falling 0.3c

Posted

Just been outside -- still 100% rain here, as far as I could tell. Temp now 0.5 °C. BBC1 weather just now looked very dicey indeed for anyone west of Brum -- the snow might just have reached here, but Shropshire, Herefordshire etc will be disappointed if the Beeb's map was right. Showed snow area going more or less due S once it reached Brum.

Blimey...it's the opposite of last weekend...instead of will it turn to rain we're waiting for it to turn to snow! Better way around I suppose (providing it does of course!)

It's even coming in from the other direction!

We may end up very grateful last weekend bought good results around here! Still, there are reports of snow just east of us and that's more accurate than any forecast!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Considering what we already had lying, the current intensity, and the radar, possible significant accumulations here. Already a good additional 2cm cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Is this some kind of cruel joke by the snow gods? Tamworth now has snow *20 miles to my West* Stratford Upon Avon has snow *about 50 miles to my South* Nottingham has snow *30 miles to my North*, Peterborough has snow *35 miles to my East, but still nothing falling from the sky here?!

Posted

lol its annoying, looking at the metoffice radar though andy things dont look to far away, only concern is being to far north. http://www.metoffice...ather/uk/radar/

Precip also dying out quickly atm

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Is this some kind of cruel joke by the snow gods? Tamworth now has snow *20 miles to my West* Stratford Upon Avon has snow *about 50 miles to my South* Nottingham has snow *30 miles to my North*, Peterborough has snow *35 miles to my East, but still nothing falling from the sky here?!

I know how you feel Andy. Jeez this is taking the p now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Radar looks diabolical for the W and NW midlands. All going to slip south before it pivots. Yawn? Anyone for spring now.

Posted

The odd bit of snow here, temperature still falling, we might have freezing rain soon.