Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

Jane Louise

Posted

Well guys and gals, I think I'm gonna head off to bed.

Hope everyone gets at least a little bit of the white stuff by morning!

Night all.

Posted

Hope you get some shmac and wake up surpriced

Slinky we might get more.. Light stuff now for next hour then them showers hit i hope there intesify! Like this lot did.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

ah well, still rain here and I can't see much chance of seeing a flake here tonight now.

Good to see so many seeing some of the white stuff though but I guess this winter just ain't gonna deliver for my location.

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Slinky we might get more.. Light stuff now for next hour then them showers hit i hope there intesify! Like this lot did.

Cheers! Fingers crossed!

Enjoy snowy Devizes tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Night All! Should have about 2cms here by morning :rofl:

hey don't knock it, if I could I'd be over there stealing your 2cm's worth and bringing it back here lol

Posted

Thats it,,, I have officially given up lol. Really glad so many of you had the snow, enjoy and good luck you get some more too. Sleep well.

Posted

Snow has stopped here now, I'm going to go to bed night everyone. Hope there is another event for us before the winter is out! ;)

Posted

still snowing in glastonbury we have this for a few more hours yet already have 2 cm just rang weather centre and they informed us that this will be with us untill about 5am :good:

Posted

Showers? what showers? as far as I can see on radar, they're all to the east of us and are dying out now O_o Would love to be surprised though! lol

Posted

its all come from the ne.. Thats where im looking :) like ian said.. Snow am wilts.. I.e them back end showers :)

Mind you ones that i was looking at before just went south lol

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

So not that bad for some then! I have a dusting of snow on all surfaces, and this was the case right into the centre of Bristol this morning! Wet snow, so it will probably be gone relatively quickly in the morning.

Sounds like Wiltshire had a respectful amount! Places like Swindon, Devizes, Pewsey, Trowbridge, Chippenham all reported snow. The Cotswolds and parts of Gloucs also report snow, places like Cirencester, Tetbury, Calne, Brockworth etc!

Also many parts of the Bristol and Bath area reported snow, albeit small amounts in the end. Reports from Bedminster, Longwell Green, Downend, Stoke Gifford, Hartcliffe, Emersons Green.

Places in East Somerset also reported snow, Radstock and Midsomer Norton! Dorset also reported snow. Reports from Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Colesill etc!

Unfortunetly, it seems like the main places that missed out is West Somerset & Devon, but there was always going to be places that did!

Like I said before, nothing special was ever going to happen, but its nice to see some places around our region getting a respectful snowfall. Even im happy working in my dusting of snow now, its a dusting more than I have had all winter. If you havent got snow and would like to see some, I suggest a trip over to Wiltshire to cure your snowfix for the time being.

Anyway, had better do some work now! With nothing of interest forecast for the foreeseeable future now, I can see this place getting very quiet! Looking forward to storm season, whenever that will start ( If indeed it does, :rofl: )!

For those that have snow, enjoy! :drinks:

Posted

Morning. Still drizzle here looking outside. Everything wet, damp and murky.

My weather station recorded a minimum temp of +1.3 during the night. This was obviously the problem IMBY with regards to snowfall. It just never got cold enough.

After watching the radar loop, it seemed some PPN fell as maybe wet snow but with temperatures above freezing and ground wet that must be why there is no sign of any overnight snow on the ground....and also the temperture >

Current temp now +2.0

So didn't turn into a reasonable event in the end, now to models. Lets see whats in store........!.

Edited by weathe20

Posted

Morning

Good 3 -5 cms around west of Swindon, and had to do a job down in Chippenham, M4 was a bit slushy and the A350 into Chippenham was a dodgy around 1am. Main roads should be ok later I reckon.

Car Thermo been at -1C all night.

Will it hang about for long I wonder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning had 1-2cm last night which is now melting due to the temp rapidly rising.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Hi all,

Nothing here in Weston, all very boring and wet + cold

Temp 1.6c,

Hope some of you did well out of this

Edited by SteveB

Posted

Damp and cold here. Not a smattering of snow to lift my mood!

Well done to those that did. I don't dare look at the model thread - I can't take any more of is it? will it? here it comes? and..............nothing!