Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

woo-hoo it's pepped up again :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

yep same here..Complete white out! And just sa the 10 o clock news..And it was live really coming down in Central London too..Thats all got to come our way yet :p

Seems to be heavier than at any point during the weekend's event, perhaps I slept through the worst of Saturday's snow. :acute:

Posted

Getting a little heavier but don't believe that all of west London has 2-5cm, it doesn't. 1-2cm at best here and only on favoured surfaces..

Well on my route A40/A406/A205/A3 - maybe with the exception of Kew which has a dusting. Definately 4-5cm in Harrow and 2-3cm here if not more.

Snow easing off now.

0.1c

Edited by mulzy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Snow has stopped but got a little dusting so good stuff, hopefully this isn't it for the winter but happy for this week and the way it has gone.

Posted

What forecast...???...lol

Cockroft has long since gone to bed thinking only a couple of flakes would be blowing around in the breeze, what we just saw was a pre-record with out-of-date crap fed by the Meto.

Edited by Discombobulation Man

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Drifting Snow in easterly winds, biting wind chill!

Steady light snow in Dagenham, been snowing since 6:30, light dusting, although all the trees and grass is covered, paths are partially, can't complain at all considering we weren't due much! I knew this band(s) would hit most of the SE other than WNW London.

What next I wonder? Looks like the Northerly next week is a dry and sunny one for us, beyond that, well it's anyones guess.

Edited by GoonerGregg77

Posted

Seems I made the right choice in coming up to Leeds this morning instead of tomorrow morning. Although there was ice rain [which was horrible] it was not too bad and only a light snow shower here.

How long before it all melts do you think? I don't want to be stuck up here forever. lol

Posted

Well Feb 2012 has saved this winter from joining the likes of 88/89 etc. but am still waiting for a Feb 1991 redux - maybe one day maybe one day....

Posted

looking at london cams, some have done pretty well out of an almost non event...... like some of the cams on the top of buildings with few inches whilst below its wet...... can't say uk weather isn't interesting...... moon out here, just dropped below freezing.... melt water freezing up.... hoping for something next week but not confident.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Settling on the roads now

Posted

credit where credit is due the GFS precip charts are often way off but they seem to be the only model to call tonight correctly. This is the 18z but 12z and 6z were almost identical. was praying the 6z would verify this morning when the bbc gave no chance

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20120209/18/03/prectypeuktopo.png

Edited by pages

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Steady light snow in Dagenham, been snowing since 6:30, light dusting, although all the trees and grass is covered, paths are partially, can't complain at all considering we weren't due much! I knew this band(s) would hit most of the SE other than WNW London.

What next I wonder? Looks like the Northerly next week is a dry and sunny one for us, beyond that, well it's anyones guess.

Heard dry and sunny mentioned in the last 2 weeks, but the SE has had 2 snow events, so if the northerly/north-easterly is conformed at perhaps at the week-end snow is always possible.

Posted

well the way the models are performing in the short term it is probably better they are suggesting no snow from next weeks possible northerly, they never verify as shown so more likely to have snow if it says none than if it showed snow lol