Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted

still snowing nicely in borehamwood, looks like a couple of centimeters on the road and a good top up on the laying snow from Sat. A snow day tomorrow would be fab, otherwise i can see my self walking to work to avoid the school run traffic madness!

MIspy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

SW London & Surrey looks like it's getting hammered!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Yep... the intensity is picking up again.

Posted

Question to the experienced on here: how did the high res NMM and NAE plus the experienced forecasts from the met have the south-east down for almost nothing, while the lower res gfs was correct. what is the point of the NAE and NMM if they get thinks wrong at t+3 seems a complete waste of money, who pays for them?

Posted

Finally - its starting to settle on pavements and roads after a heavy burst - only a slight sugar coating, but its a start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Been heavy snow here 3hrs now settled every where baybe 7cm/8cm sor far 2/3 inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

SW London & Surrey looks like it's getting hammered!

Just approaching Weybridge station on the train, settling on untreated surfaces now. Still falling at a nice pace

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Been heavy snow here 3hrs now settled every where baybe 7cm/8cm sor far 2/3 inches

Very Nice ...... got maybe a cm if lucky but just not getting the large flakes. However it is starting to stick to the road so if it does kick off it should be good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Been snowing for about 3 hours here too, probably about an 3-4 cms. Everything covered.

Funny how the snow intensifies over London - surely the heat island effect?

Get snow every year here in Beds - don't know why the Brighton lot are moaning - I grew up In bournemouth - you lot always got more snow than us ;-)

Posted

Just when you think the 30 p flakes are dieing a death they come back with 50 p ones hahaha !!

30p flakes? is that 10p's and 20p's or 50p's with 20p change???

Posted

well peeps wot have i missed i am judging by some of the posts they got this very wrong again!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Very Nice ...... got maybe a cm if lucky but just not getting the large flakes. However it is starting to stick to the road so if it does kick off it should be good.

What are you 35 miles south ? Its picking up again very large flakes

Amazing didnt think we would get this much , kind of between the two main belts.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Question to the experienced on here: how did the high res NMM and NAE plus the experienced forecasts from the met have the south-east down for almost nothing, while the lower res gfs was correct. what is the point of the NAE and NMM if they get thinks wrong at t+3 seems a complete waste of money, who pays for them?

Yes, not great handling by the models, which afterall, is what the forecasters use. The BBC are far too detailed with their graphics, so when it doesn't go according to their forecasts, it doesn't look good. I think they should stick with the old-fashoined map with weather symbols, which maybe more vaugie but saves them the egg in their face!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

not had any large flakes here only small fluffy ones,but its been constant for hrs now,still settling over every thing,my cat has tried to go out twice now and turned around and come straight back in

30p flakes? is that 10p's and 20p's or 50p's with 20p change???

Mines been half pence flakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Lovely big flakes at Byfleet & New Haw station, now which one's my car!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Yes, not great handling by the models, which afterall, is what the forecasters use. The BBC are far too detailed with their graphics, so when it doesn't go according to their forecasts, it doesn't look good. I think they should stick with the old-fashoined map with weather symbols, which maybe more vaugie but saves them the egg in their face!

I think the detail is a good thing, but they should have the intelligence to amend the graphics at a short range if need be. If their high res model showed no snow, but it was snowing outside their window, they still won't change the graphics.