Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Guest archiesmummy

If its still showing in 3 minutes then the answer is yes

Cheeky! You know what I mean, thought I had seen a snow event for Fri into Sat too

Posted

Decent night here in Ealing, we were in one of the sweet spots about 10pm, a good half hour of very heavy snow which turned a slight dusting into a decent covering. I'd say about 3cms, less on the pavements and none on the roads.

TBH, regardless of all the unnesessary slating of the BBC, they called it fairly well. A few cms in the west of the area, less further east. Still, having a go at the Met Office is the done thing isn't it.

I hasten to add, I know the Met/BBC got it wrong with regards to the snow in the east Mids, but for our area they were fairly spot on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

met office replied to me on twitter about the false radar returns earlier saying

"We had a problem earlier with interference at our Dean Hill Radar site. OFCOM will be investigating in the morning"

Posted

The fat lady is about to sing for the north London crew

maybe not look what is still coming down from the north if it continues pushing south we might have a renewed burst in the wee hours a possibility the fat lady wont stop just yet

met office replied to me on twitter about the false radar returns earlier saying

"We had a problem earlier with interference at our Dean Hill Radar site. OFCOM will be investigating in the morning"

maybe they want to investigate the false 4cm of snow across london LOL

S

Posted

Interesting fall of snow, some heavy bursts but mostly light/moderate yet throughout there's been a lot of flakes falling. This has meant visibility has been reduced. On it's way out as radar is showing the end of the band approaching.

Posted

Decent night here in Ealing, we were in one of the sweet spots about 10pm, a good half hour of very heavy snow which turned a slight dusting into a decent covering. I'd say about 3cms, less on the pavements and none on the roads.

TBH, regardless of all the unnesessary slating of the BBC, they called it fairly well. A few cms in the west of the area, less further east. Still, having a go at the Met Office is the done thing isn't it.

You are having a giraffe arnt you! BBC forecasts all day said nothing East of London - Alex Deakin only at 6pm on news 24 said "a few flakes for London that's it"

Peter Cockcroft said snow only west of London!

Parts of east and SE London have had 2cm of snow!

Infact some areas of the SE have had more snow totals than areas that have been in the snow warning area since yesterday on the Meto site.

So yeah - TV forecasts have been very poor.

Posted

Yeah but he posted a chart saying where he thought the heaviest snow would be in 'our' region and he indicated it would be along the M$ towards Swindon and and then up towards herts, i said that not the SE which is true.

He also said that the heaviest snow area would include Woking, Guildford and Farnham. These places are definitely in 'your' region.

Posted

You are having a giraffe arnt you! BBC forecasts all day said nothing East of London - Alex Deakin only at 6pm on news 24 said "a few flakes for London that's it"

Infact some areas of the SE have had more snow totals than areas that have been in the snow warning area since yesterday on the Meto site.

The forecasts I saw all said they wouldn't rule out snow in London, but the HEAVIEST snow to the west of London. I accept there has been some snow to the east, but considering how knife-edge it was for us I think we can cut them some slack.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

coming down very heavy now, big fat flakes too, so happy :-) so unexpected too !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

1 more lamp post look then must sleep! Going to be icy in the morning!

3 hrs heavy snow then a lull now started up again

Posted

Do you realise how pathetic this sounds?! They said we would have snow showers and we have done. Moaning cause we have actually had 2cm's of snow?! Wow, get a grip.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Surprisingly moderate snow falling here still. Could even be described as heavy at times.

a lovely orange sky here- however the moon is shining through- Cracking-, a pity here that we never really got into the heavy band- however considering it was looking a non event at 2pm I will take that-

Just hope the temp drops below freezing soon to preserve the cover

s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Snow Depth - 5.7cm Snizzling at the moment but intensifying to our NE so could be interesting in the next hour.

It does look to be doing that and there seems to be more of a straight Nth'ly aspect to it now as well.