Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The Southeast - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

the metoffice yellow warning of snow from yesterday still in place (reiterated at 1145 am today). hoping my elevation helps.....if you are getting snow at 62m asl then hopefully i will at 130m! plenty of other variables at play i know but i got a good feeling of seeing snow falling later....never had much hope of it settling with all the rain first and unfavourable surface temps.

as has been the case for most of the week....my fingers are still crossed!

At 1000 blinks its back to more sleet but def one where a bit of height matters, didnt expect to see any snow in afternoon so Im happy, even if some are not because its not -8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Rain turned to sleet which has now turned to wet snow here - nice to watch from inside the conservatory :good:

Mulled wine anyone :drinks:

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Large snowflakes now coming down with moderate intensity in north east Hampshire. Not lying just yet, but may do over the next hour or so before the heaviest of the precipitation dies out. This augurs well for further east and north in our area especially if the system stalls as predicted. I would expect some areas to get 5-10cms out of this even at lower levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Nice moderate snow now falling, if it keeps up this heavy we may get a covering.

Posted

Chris Addison just tweeted this:

"Are you in South East London? Are you thinking of going out in the car? Don't. I really can't recommend it AT ALL."

Followed by:

"Further to my earlier tweet waring off driving in SE London today, I extend that to ALL OF LONDON."

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

"Are you in South East London? Are you thinking of going out in the car? Don't. I really can't recommend it AT ALL."

Followed by:

"Further to my earlier tweet waring off driving in SE London today, I extend that to ALL OF LONDON."

i'm driving to luton to drop my sis at the airport, leaving at 3pm. apart from wet roads i'm not worried really. And for u travelling to heathrow at 8pm...it should have cleared or be almost clearing you by then...

Posted

Snow now coming down heavily and beginning to lie on the grass. I don't expect to get a covering, but you never know. As i said earlier, I think some places to the north and east of London are going to get at least a couple of inches (maybe up to six on higher ground) before this clears out of the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Slough, Surrey, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Issued at - 04 Mar 2012, 11:45

Valid from - 04 Mar 2012, 15:00

Valid to - 05 Mar 2012, 18:00

Posted

Followed by:

Apart from lots of surface spray I can't see any problems

Posted

i'm driving to luton to drop my sis at the airport, leaving at 3pm. apart from wet roads i'm not worried really. And for u travelling to heathrow at 8pm...it should have cleared or be almost clearing you by then...

Yes, much as I was thinking, of course just saw the MO yellow warning just posted by MKSA so will keep an eye on it - my very own nowcast!

Posted

I really wouldn't worry!

By then just wet roads and the precip would have pushed away by then

Posted

Just watched the BBC no mention of snow at all either today or tomorrow except high ground been outside it is still quite mild here, everybody is saying there is snow coming down, dont really understand why the BBC is forecasting it completely different??

Posted

Just watched the BBC no mention of snow at all either today or tomorrow except high ground been outside it is still quite mild here, everybody is saying there is snow coming down, dont really understand why the BBC is forecasting it completely different??

Yeah feels quite mild in south herts at the moment!

The radar shows the ppn moving swiftly east, at this rate the sun will be out come 4pm... Lol

Posted

some really heavy echoes appearing just to my west now

Yeah feels quite mild in south herts at the moment!

The radar shows the ppn moving swiftly east, at this rate the sun will be out come 4pm... Lol

its meant to stall/slow at some point but no sign of that yet

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not expecting snow to be honest. Heavy rain until half an hour ago and now easing, the temperature having dropped markedly in the last hour or so. Wind also picked a bit.

Posted

Just heavy rain here in St. Neots, - reports coming in of it turning to snow not far away in Bedfordshire

Posted

some really heavy echoes appearing just to my west now

its meant to stall/slow at some point but no sign of that yet

Agree, no sign what so ever of the ppn stalling.

Just look at the light ppn in the midlands ready to push towards London

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

- after that... Could see some sun before sunset.

All this panic over rainfall amounts... Overdone big time

Posted

What sort of temps have people got? 5.6 degrees here and so obviously just rain, as I expect it to stay, sharp fall in temperatures lately though.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Been waiting for the colder air to arrive with the wind direction change. Just occurred here now. Ice particles detected in the heavy rain on the conservatory roof.

Posted

its got a lot colder and definite signs of flakes amongst the rain

Posted

Been waiting for the colder air to arrive with the wind direction change. Just occurred here now. Ice particles detected in the heavy rain on the conservatory roof.

exactly the same here. precip too light tho for now