Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The Southeast - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted

Am hearing reports of big snow flakes falling in colchester from relatives but just rain here in basildon, got to love the British weather :lol:

Edited by lewis028

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Is this snow heading towards me at all?

Bad weather for being out, blustery rain and wind. Just popped down the end of the garden breifly and came back in looking like a scarecrow.

Posted

Well, I can confirm snow in Kent... driving over Ide Hill about an hour ago, I got to see approximately 30 seconds of proper large snow flakes, before it turned back to rain! I think that 30 seconds will probably be the last snow I see until next winter :)

Posted

Been snowing heavy here in thetford forest for last hour and a hour, settled as well!! Currently on holiday at centre parcs, is anybody from the Wisbech area know what it's like there???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The snow it settling! Even on paths and the lane. WOW! :clap: Our altitude may be playing a part here 110m — I think we are at one of the highest points in EA.

Posted

What the hell is up with the radar again? Everything in a line from Cambridge to Felixstowe is shown as light when ofcourse it isn't. The Meto need to sort these regular false/inaccurate returns out if they are going to sell the Radar product to organisations such as Net Weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Well well , i didn't expect that being close to the coast .......its started snowing ! temp 2.1c

Posted

The snow it settling! Even on paths and the lane. WOW! :clap: Our altitude may be playing a part here 110m — I think we are at one of the highest points in EA.

Hey Iceni, its snowing here in Bury now and beginning to settle, took a while but it must be getting colder now :) Currently accumulatign slowly on cars, roof tops and grass but pavements and roads are too wet, I didn't expect this so am proper pleased :)

Posted

Get some photos, this may be the last snow of the season (or is that the first??)

Posted

Started snowing in Ipswich about 10 mins ago, reading reports from nearby should be expecting a covering this evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Nothing more than sleety rain here.

Definitely not getting excited about a potential snow event. I'm more interested in the total amount of rainfall here before this passes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

stalling now

Posted

As I was saying this morning! Things now drying up across London.

Looks like its beginning to stall now!

EA, Cambridgeshire, east Essex and NE Kent could get a couple centimetres tonight!

As for most of SE the drought continues. Pitiful rain here today, was expecting a deluge and had nothing of the sought!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

As I was saying this morning! Things now drying up across London.

Looks like its beginning to stall now!

EA, Cambridgeshire, east Essex and NE Kent could get a couple centimetres tonight!

As for most of SE the drought continues. Pitiful rain here today, was expecting a deluge and had nothing of the sought!

CENTIMETRES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Approaching an inch of rain now - we had a huge drop in temperature at around 4pm, down from 7c to 4c in 15 minutes!

Now 2.5c and wet snow, not laying

Posted

1.5 c...with a strong north wind, making if feel -4c in the wind, been wet snow for an hour, only slight at the moment,interesting as to what will happen as its starting to stall,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Heavy snow here for over an hour. Currently 0.6C. Not a nice evening to be outside...luckily I don't have to be!

Posted

Amazing how all around us have had snow today, while we have had very cold rain, with only a few wet flakes mixed in mid afternoon.

The radar is interesting at the min, Its suddenly stalling which could prove fruitful for a lucky few in the next few hours. Good Luck....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Don't know whether this will be of any use, but recently came across a tweet retweeted on my timeline mentioning "Rain turning readily to snow across parts of Norfolk and Suffolk now giving temporary dusting" (tweet by @danholley_)

But good luck to all of you guys tonight. That bands does seem to be almost stationary to the East according to the radar.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Snow in North Norwich, mixed in with some wet snow/sleet, but there is more snow than mushy stuff - in the gusts of winds it's really dancing around in the light - very pretty (if wet and cold!).

Posted

Temps on the rise here.

Having re-read that sentence it could be interpreted as meaning that short term office staff are revolting.

I think I should stop now.