Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Daaamn

For a day with some very good potential, This forum is quiet! Do people know something I dont?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Just wondering, does anyone think the MetOffices warnings are way out?? by about 30 miles?? the rainband they have predicted looks set to hit Coast (and I mean coast the forum member) blum.gif and London etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not sure whether to be excited or disappointed about today. The BBC TV forecast doesn't quite match the UKMO warnings.

Some quite beefy stuff sprouting up not too far from here anyway, starting with something just south of Weston Super-Mare.

Posted

Already the atmosphere is responding to favourable conditions over some southern areas with some quite lively showers firing over Salisbury Plain, tapping into quite a bit of convective energy & considerable lift

Yes they are AJ, also just to the West of the Plain too as a downpour here an hour ago and a larger very heavy area of rain which seems to be heading towards Bath but with the slack winds and LOW edging E/NE anything could move any way and develop at any time!

Also there is some good sunshine to aid the instability, it's been sunny here for about half an hour.

Posted

Daaamn

For a day with some very good potential, This forum is quiet! Do people know something I dont?

I was planning/hoping to get out and do some local spotting later today, cameras all charged up etc, but with each passing hour I'm scaling back my anticipation.

Posted

I was planning/hoping to get out and do some local spotting later today, cameras all charged up etc, but with each passing hour I'm scaling back my anticipation.

Why at such an early time?

Last week when we had the slack LOW over the country it was at this time that showers began to develop before getting more widespread, heavier and thundery

during the afternoons! There is every reason to think the same could happen today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes they are AJ, also just to the West of the Plain too as a downpour here an hour ago and a larger very heavy area of rain which seems to be heading towards Bath but with the slack winds and LOW edging E/NE anything could move any way and develop at any time!

Also there is some good sunshine to aid the instability, it's been sunny here for about half an hour.

Looking good for you today Andy....further north up here, it's steady rain with various intensities....I'm pretty much slap bang underneath the centre of the LP circulation and will probably have to look to my north and north east for any convective stuff later on as the LP slips away to the east/south east

Posted

Daaamn, Theres one hell of a dark storm to the east of Chelt / Glos at the moment.

Someones getting very wet. I can see the hail from here

Posted

I'm not sure who or where will get anything today, but it has potential somewhere none the less

Posted

Well very heavy rain and a bit of hail now but no thunder.

Posted

Well very heavy rain and a bit of hail now but no thunder.

This is an awesome sign considering its only 11am..

Bit more heating + time and we may end up with some stonkers.

Posted

This is an awesome sign considering its only 11am..

Bit more heating + time and we may end up with some stonkers.

Definitely. Just hope the low doesn't pull away too quickly. All stopped again now haha - I think it's going to be a 'shower on and off' type day. :)

Posted

NW extra radar coming into it's own today!!!

Looking at the strikes over Cherbourg which haven't moved for a while, but if the SW wind continues, where do we think that line of activity is going to head????? whistling.gif

post-6667-0-06809700-1334743989_thumb.jp

LOC_20120418_0600.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Hard photogenic midlevel inversions were mentioned on another weather forum, mmm that sounds like bad news to thunderstorm potential though....,sunshine is needed today too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Looking at the strikes over Cherbourg which haven't moved for a while, but if the SW wind continues, where do we think that line of activity is going to head????? whistling.gif

Holland and france? lol

Posted

Holland and france? lol

doh.gif They better not dare!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

LOC_20120418_0600.png

Look up WV16 on NW Extra radar...its raining here yet radar says otherwise hehe

Posted

Why at such an early time?

Last week when we had the slack LOW over the country it was at this time that showers began to develop before getting more widespread, heavier and thundery

during the afternoons! There is every reason to think the same could happen today!

Hmmm.....Im glad you mention last week. Granted some locations had a very good time of it but this certainly wasn't one of them !! Nothing more than 2 or 3 very brief showers thoughout the whole period. Deja Vue perhaps, though of course I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hard photogenic midlevel inversions were mentioned on another weather forum, mmm that sounds like bad news to thunderstorm potential though....,sunshine is needed today too.

Plenty of sunshine here. Clouds bubbling up and moving quickly.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Have just reviewed the 5 min radar over the last hour, is there a smaller LOW over the Bath/Bristol/Bristol Channel area within the main LOW?

Zoom to my postcode of BA12 or indeed any BA postcode and watch the circulation of the rain.

Hmmm.....Im glad you mention last week. Granted some locations had a very good time of it but this certainly wasn't one of them !! Nothing more than 2 or 3 very brief showers thoughout the whole time.

It was the same here but you cannot compare what happened last week with today's potential - other than realising the timing that will likely be similar.

Posted

Strike above Marlborough now showing clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Pressure reading of 976mb here.

Also, the MO have extended their yellow watch for today, and added one for East Anglia for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

The sky is really dark grey and thundery looking to my North smile.png Theres also a weather warnig for Glos this afternoon up until 9.30pm tonight! here's hoping I'm out of the NSC by tonight lollaugh.png