Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 part 3

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

i can guarantee those showers over dumfries and galloway heading for me will die over the irish sea, they always do.

i was right

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I can't chase today as I have my two small children with me and not sure they would appreciate being sat in a car for hours on end being driven around the country. Would hope for something here, but I think it will be eastern areas getting any storms on offer today, just inland from the coast.

Good luck to those out chasing, hope you do better than I did yesterday.

Sorry, better just add that I was talking of just inland from the east coast relating to around these parts, not the rest of the country.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

post-3685-0-98542600-1335010150_thumb.jp

Lovely cloudscapes if nothing else! Looking towards the Wrekin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

plenty of sferics along the south devon coast stretching from Start Point through Torbay & up to Exmouth......up here in the Midlands a line of cells sinking slowly SEwrds, anvil topped but not producing any lightning, pulse type convection so updrafts quickly building, dying & building along the outflow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

i was right

I gaurantee we will see nothing here today at all. I will post 'i was right' later today.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

plenty of sferics along the south devon coast stretching from Start Point through Torbay & up to Exmouth......up here in the Midlands a line of cells sinking slowly SEwrds, anvil topped but not producing any lightning, pulse type convection so updrafts quickly building, dying & building along the outflow

Can see the dry slot limbering up over NW England, ready to spoil our afternoon lol

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I can guarantee that in these type of set ups some people will miss the showers and moan incessantly about it. I am sure that I will be able to write "I was right" later.

Ps there is the no storms thread to moan into!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I can guarantee that in these type of set ups some people will miss the showers and moan incessantly about it. I am sure that I will be able to write "I was right" later.

Ps there is the no storms thread to moan into!

Sorry, I need to moan in threads where there are plenty of people to see me! acute.gif

Posted

Actually now we have showers developing which would have been coming towards us.. but the direction of their movement changes slightly so we're still in gap! You couldn't make it up really. Sorry if it sounds like I'm moaning, I'm not intentionally moaning just stating whats actually happening here.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

No showers here in Derby as yet but 2 huge towers visible.The one to the south east is producing dark streaks of virga,winds strengthening from the South east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Some dark clouds around me here. It just seems to be lacking that 'thundery' feel to it! sad.png

DSC_0611.jpg

Edited by Convective

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

No thunder here it appears to be cells driving to the south of us and to the north doh.gif . Hopefully something beefy will hit us later got some pretty nice cloudscapes today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It's not a case of missing the showers here, it's just that showers

haven't,

won't

And carn't develop over a cold sea it this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No thunder here it appears to be cells driving to the south of us and to the north doh.gif . Hopefully something beefy will hit us later got some pretty nice cloudscapes today

Thunder in Brixham in the past 30 minutes & in Dartmouth, close but no cigar for you atm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I'd love to be rong though!

Posted

Thunder in Brixham in the past 30 minutes & in Dartmouth, close but no cigar for you atm!

Lol story of the last few years here when it comes to storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Looking pretty dark to the NW of here, with some spots of rain. Lightning detected near Swansea...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Today is looking rather more promising for convection near the Tyneside coast- just had an unexpected hailstorm (the first occurrence of hail here since last Sunday) and more heavy showers showing up on the radar.

I do think Stormmad26's location seems to have a benign microclimate- when I was down in Exeter back in 2009 I picked up quite a few notable weather events that he missed. In Tyne and Wear the equivalent of that is probably Tynemouth- quite often Tynemouth seems to miss the convection even if Cleadon is getting one shower/thunderstorm after another.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Thunderstorm to my NW, managed to capture a strike with my camera. Just going to miss here.

Posted

Another nice black cloud bubbling up behind us but its not heading our way, another one to our south.