Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

just checked the Cape and Li looks like there could be 1000+ J/kg of cape tomorrow over london and parts of the SE with -3 Li. Any storm that taps into that will become quite large.

Yeah I'm quite hopeful for tomorrow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I could do with some cheering up. My cat Oscar died on Friday so that would help strangely enough. sad.png

Aww, sorry to hear that - I was really sad when my old cat Pixie died, we didn't replace her at the time but have just collected two 8 week old kittens (Millie & Mindy) from a Cats Protection foster home today, they are so sweet.

According to Essex weather SW Essex has best chance of a storm, that's me!

Woo Hoo !! Good luck - fingers crossed for you on that one angel.gif

Posted

cape for this week where high based on 18z gfs

Rtavn1811.png

Rtavn2411.png

Rtavn3011.png

Rtavn4211.pngRtavn3611.png

then wednesday

Rtavn6611.png

Rtavn7211.png

Rtavn7811.png

Rtavn8411.png

Rtavn9011.png

all the above have decent cape levels so storms could pop up at anytime

if we get the sun to push the temperatures high enough

http://www.meteociel...ype=0&archive=0

link for ecm

have a look yourselves

all i am going to say is they do not look that warm to me

gfs 12z ensembles

MT8_London_ens.png

same as last night

from the 1st of june will be a shock to the system after what we have at present.

tuesday to wednesday looks wet (stormy?)

1st june looks wet

there are some precipitation spikes showing but to my eyes looks fairly dry

jubilee weekend to me looks 15-16 degree mark and relatively dry

which although not as hot as now will still be ok

Edited by john pike

Posted

Looking forward to another very warm day. Blue skies once again - lovely!!!

Those thundery downpours for later can go do one as far as I'm concerned, why do I want an hour of heavy rain with one rumble of thunder - no thanks!!!!!

Just as much chance today of staying dry as getting wet so I know which one I prefer.

Edit... Local TV weather this morning going for a mostly dry afternoon with only an outside chance of a thundery shower.. Happy days!!

Edited by Anthonyb

Guest archiesmummy

Can I just ask out of genuine interest why some people who only like sunshine and that's it, come on a weather forum? Am getting fed up of having any chances of a storm, however remote constantly dismissed because temps 'should' be warm and sticky all the time.

There storms could pop up anywhere, convection rain is hard to forecast and catches many a weather presenter out, forecast in the morning can often be a different one at lunchtime!

This forum gets busy when there is a chance of weather other than sun, especially in the winter, sometimes the pages are filling up so quick can't keep up, we have been on part 30 and its not even December when they break the big region down into the more local one!

It's not the difference of opinion that's the problem its the complete non understanding of how not everyone likes the same type of weather, almost belittling in a way.

I would live in Alaska, seriously we looked into moving there, I prefer the colder, snowy conditions but I can understand why some people would not understand that but don't put them down because they don't.

Anyway won't say anymore about it, not aiming it at anyone its just come the winter I fear this forum may not be the fun it once was.

Off to do some washing now, this weather, for all its faults, certainly cuts out on the tumble drying bills!

Have a good one all! :)

Posted

Can I just ask out of genuine interest why some people who only like sunshine and that's it, come on a weather forum? Am getting fed up of having any chances of a storm, however remote constantly dismissed because temps 'should' be warm and sticky all the time.

There storms could pop up anywhere, convection rain is hard to forecast and catches many a weather presenter out, forecast in the morning can often be a different one at lunchtime!

This forum gets busy when there is a chance of weather other than sun, especially in the winter, sometimes the pages are filling up so quick can't keep up, we have been on part 30 and its not even December when they break the big region down into the more local one!

It's not the difference of opinion that's the problem its the complete non understanding of how not everyone likes the same type of weather, almost belittling in a way.

I would live in Alaska, seriously we looked into moving there, I prefer the colder, snowy conditions but I can understand why some people would not understand that but don't put them down because they don't.

Anyway won't say anymore about it, not aiming it at anyone its just come the winter I fear this forum may not be the fun it once was.

Off to do some washing now, this weather, for all its faults, certainly cuts out on the tumble drying bills!

Have a good one all! :)

There's nothing wrong with coming onto a forum if you like blue sky and heat. There are no rules.

Everyone likes different kinds of weather, I like heat and snow. I do not like wet and grey... Just because some don't get excited over the posibility of an isolated thunderstorm and prefer to keep the blue sky does not make them and less interesting than you.

Guest archiesmummy

There's nothing wrong with coming onto a forum if you like blue sky and heat. There are no rules.

Everyone likes different kinds of weather, I like heat and snow. I do not like wet and grey... Just because some don't get excited over the posibility of an isolated thunderstorm and prefer to keep the blue sky does not make them and less interesting than you.

Wasn't aiming at you, I love your posts I think they are interesting and fun.

I was just sounding off in general, am on many weather forums and was just saying. Am not the only one who gets excited at an isolated storm! Many a weather event has come from a non weather forecast!

Don't be so touchy! I think your great! :)

Have fun everyone!

Posted

met office take on today for the south east and london

Isolated thunderstorms later in the afternoon and during the evening have the potential to generate torrential downpours. The public should be aware of the risk of local flash flooding, especially in urban areas.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I don't mind a thundery breakdown and a few cooler days, as long as this wasn't summer and the sun and heat return soon - anyway I've got my hands full at the moment looking after Millie and Mindy who arrived yesterday so not much time to sit in the garden.....

post-10773-0-40539300-1338190389_thumb.j

Posted

Wasn't aiming at you, I love your posts I think they are interesting and fun.

I was just sounding off in general, am on many weather forums and was just saying. Am not the only one who gets excited at an isolated storm! Many a weather event has come from a non weather forecast!

Don't be so touchy! I think your great! :)

Have fun everyone!

I just heard on the local radio that in any heavier storms, large hail could form which could cause problems. Now that is interesting... Lol

They did say you will be unlucky to catch one but I do hope that chigwell get stuck under a torrential storm as I know this weather you love ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I don't mind a thundery breakdown and a few cooler days, as long as this wasn't summer and the sun and heat return soon - anyway I've got my hands full at the moment looking after Millie and Mindy who arrived yesterday so not much time to sit in the garden.....

Aww, they are beautiful. I wish you many happy years with your new little ones. Enjoy. A friend of a friend's cat has just had kittens and they'll be ready to leave mum in a couple of months. I am going to have one or maybe even two. :D

Now, about these storms......I want one and so do the potted plants. They could do with some nitrogen filled rain. They look a tad on the droopy side. :D

Guest archiesmummy

Awww mk, too cute! They are adorable! I remember our cat, tetley, as a kitten they are such a handful! Hope any storms don't frighten them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

This weather is proving expensive for me. I sat drinking beer and (mostly) wine at a waterfront wine bar, in Brightlingsea, with the tide being high and refreshing breezes on Saturday. The weather was so good yesterday, that I repeated the trick, followed by an impromptu barbecue!

In fact I could be persuaded to do the same after work again tonight. This weather must be great for the service economy!

The weather is looking like it could provide some very big thunderstorms from later today, till midweek now though. Could be interesting.

Edited by Speed67

Guest archiesmummy

Aww, they are beautiful. I wish you many happy years with your new little ones. Enjoy. A friend of a friend's cat has just had kittens and they'll be ready to leave mum in a couple of months. I am going to have one or maybe even two. :D

Now, about these storms......I want one and so do the potted plants. They could do with some nitrogen filled rain. They look a tad on the droopy side. :D

Yes, I am hoping to see a storm today, weird apparently, but I don't care, if I hear the words severe, torrential, storm, warning or extreme I get excited, how odd for a weather enthusiast!

I was sorry to hear about your cat, I saw your post about a storm making you feel better and for the sake of your plants I am sending storm thoughts your way!

Posted

Yes, I am hoping to see a storm today, weird apparently, but I don't care, if I hear the words severe, torrential, storm, warning or extreme I get excited, how odd for a weather enthusiast!

I was sorry to hear about your cat, I saw your post about a storm making you feel better and for the sake of your plants I am sending storm thoughts your way!

I hoping to see blue sky's and hot sunshine continue. Apparently that's weird too

Posted

Watch out for storms around London later:

18_20.gif

Guest archiesmummy

I hoping to see blue sky's and hot sunshine continue. Apparently that's weird too

Not at all, I would like the same, I just can't help what the forecast says, I want it to snow but there is no point me coming on here bleating about no snow when its not forecast.

Your a very sensitive soul, I like that about you :)

Posted

Not at all, I would like the same, I just can't help what the forecast says, I want it to snow but there is no point me coming on here bleating about no snow when its not forecast.

Your a very sensitive soul, I like that about you :)

Isolated thundery downpours are forecast. If widespread severe thunderstorms were forecast then I would not keep my hopes up for sunshine.

But it's 50/50 at the moment and all I'm hoping for is for my 50 to win out (dry)

It's the charts, Internet, TV saying "isolated thundery showers" - not me

Guest archiesmummy

Isolated thundery downpours are forecast. If widespread severe thunderstorms were forecast then I would not keep my hopes up for sunshine.

But it's 50/50 at the moment and all I'm hoping for is for my 50 to win out (dry)

It's the charts, Internet, TV saying "isolated thundery showers" - not me

And as there is a chance you will notice more of us talking about it, if it stays sunny all day great, if we get one of those isolated storms great, I wasn't on here much when it was wall to wall sunshine as there wasn't much to talk about and was enjoying the weather, now there is a chance, however small of weather other than what we have had this forum is already busier than it has been all week!

Now you take care and don't forget your factor 15 you don't want to get burnt in this glorious sun :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Interesting chart for this eve, for potential storms.

post-11059-0-59750600-1338194743_thumb.p

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Just back from walking the dog. Wall to wall sunshine - love this weather.

May it continue all day and hoping that showers stay away

Back to normality with our weather come Wednesday :-( At least no heavy rain forecast!

Posted

And as there is a chance you will notice more of us talking about it, if it stays sunny all day great, if we get one of those isolated storms great, I wasn't on here much when it was wall to wall sunshine as there wasn't much to talk about and was enjoying the weather, now there is a chance, however small of weather other than what we have had this forum is already busier than it has been all week!

Now you take care and don't forget your factor 15 you don't want to get burnt in this glorious sun :)

I did say 50/50 to stay dry or get wet. I'm well aware there is a chance of storms there's also a chance that I could stay sunny all day.

My preference is sunny and thats how it shall stay.

Archiesmummy - you were the one that raised an issue with my post and instigated the fact that you don't like or get members that come on here when it's sunny skies. You quoted in a previous post about not coming onto a forum posting about weather that's not forecast ie... Snow.

At the end of the day - sunny skies or storms are forecast for today.

So I will continue to post my thoughts on this lovely weather we are having and you can do the same for potential storms - there is nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, just heard on radio again that big hailstones will form if showers are heavy later and this may cause problems... Yikes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

C'mon folks, I know it's warm and uncomfortable, but let's not be snippy eh? - Especially with a bit of Rumble potential for later! Looking forward to hearing/seeing who gets what!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye peeps, let's all just enjoy what the next two or three days provide, eh; as there should be something there far all of us?good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Looking at the charts, forecasts and convective thread I seem to be fairly well placed here in nw London for tstorms later.

Hopeful as always :)