Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - Part 3

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Well, they're heading my way; any thoughts on whether they'll have faded away by the time they get here?

Posted

Just had what was possibly the heaviest rain I have ever seen, couple of roads were completely flooded, couple of flashes and some thunder :).

Ah man I'm so happy that never happened here. Blue skies and very warm now. Going to light the charcoal in a bit. Kids playing in paddling pool, hard to believe that just up the road you have a monsoon.. Rather you than me.

Posted

Ah man I'm so happy that never happened here. Blue skies and very warm now. Going to light the charcoal in a bit. Kids playing in paddling pool, hard to believe that just up the road you have a monsoon.. Rather you than me.

Yeah I guess its just personal preference. I personally love a good thunderstorm so was good to see, and now, its gone sunny again and about 23 degrees so at least its still warm.

Posted

Yeah I guess its just personal preference. I personally love a good thunderstorm so was good to see, and now, its gone sunny again and about 23 degrees so at least its still warm.

Arh that's good.. At least you get the sun again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely collection of cells just 10 SW from me now moving slowly NE. West is blue grey cloud.

When they're 5 miles away, my 7 stone Black Labrador attempts to jump into my lap — he HATES thunderstorms, but the small terrier doesn't care. Shame it's not the other way round.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Its a decaying cold front that moved in from the sw earlier today.

Check the convective thread for more info smile.png

Thanks for answering. I've got to admit that being out all weekend and being reasonably busy at work today, I couldn't give a definitive response to this quickly. It looked like a cold front, by the pattern of storms that had formed, but there wasn't a large temperature difference at ground level (the easy check) in front of and behind the zone, for me to reply with 100% conviction.

I left work in distinctly stormy weather (Chelmsford area) but even by the time I'd got home, I was of the opinion that these storms weren't going to be widespread and were dying out when moving east - we've had absolutely zilch here.

It looks like Wednesday will be the day to me (which is the opinion I've had for a couple of days) for widespread thunder.

I also hope the weather isn't too bad this weekend, even if no heatwave. I think it's going to be a close call between being disappointingly cloudy and cool and reasonable sunny breaks. Let's hope the sunshine prevails!

Posted

Lovely collection of cells just 10 SW from me now moving slowly NE. West is blue grey cloud.

When they're 5 miles away, my 7 stone Black Labrador attempts to jump into my lap — he HATES thunderstorms, but the small terrier doesn't care. Shame it's not the other way round.

He is one big labrador!blink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

He is one big labrador!blink.png

Got that a bit wrong he's 5 stone. But he's lovely. air_kiss.gif

But we didn't get any storms in the end. It clouded over, then cleared for a lovely evening and Louis was safe from 'boom booms' as we call them.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Had a lovely day yesterday - sunshine all day with temps around 27c, the showers stayed away so that was good.

Chance of some thundery showers pretty much breaking out anywhere across the region today, again here's hoping my location stays dry.

Tomorrow sees a real risk of heavy showers. Much more widespread

Temps at 24c today and 25c tomorrow, heading into weekend things will be settled with temps around 19c - not bad at all. Could be a lot worse

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted

Had a lovely day yesterday - sunshine all day with temps around 27c, the showers stayed away so that was good.

Chance of some thundery showers pretty much breaking out anywhere across the region today, again here's hoping my location stays dry.

Tomorrow sees a real risk of heavy showers. Much more widespread

Temps at 24c today and 25c tomorrow, heading into weekend things will be settled with temps around 19c - not bad at all. Could be a lot worse

That would be good at the weekend, if it comes off.

Posted

Going to be muggy today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Grrrrr! What does it take to get a blooming thunderstorm round here? ( Naaaaaaaridge lol) :)

Posted

Posted

Check out the convective thread and find out!!!! laugh.png

http://forum.netweat...-into-june-2012

Good link. I tend to be a bit lazy and either squat here or on the model output thread, but I'll change habits...

Posted

Just been out and about at work, nothing I can see going up yet, very hazy and warm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Loving that metoffice warning. Seems rather out of sync with what's being said on the convective thread with the very knowledgeable brickfielder suggesting south of London and maybe midlands in the best spot. But met did well yesterday so that gives me some hope. Another day of keeping fingers crossed. I'm actually going to south london this eve so maybe if not imby I will see something down there!

Posted

The southerly line of that warning seems to cut my back garden in half (and it's not a very big garden). I think to be on the safe side I will set the BBQ up in the southern section, thus ensuring no interruptions.

Or am I taking the warning too literally?

AS

Posted

Not so convinced about Meto warnings in these situations. Take yesterday for instance, some that we're in the warning got nothing including myself were as others got very wet and were not in the warning area.

Tbh there should be no specific area warnings within the region and just a warning of showers anywhere across the region. In these circumstancies obviously.

Just watched the lunchtime bbc London forecast. A lot of blue with lightning graphics south of the river and he also mentioned showers setting up from east to out west rather than south to north like yesterday.

Posted

I'm in the zone, but it seems too cloudy to me here.

Posted

I can see nothing on the radar yet.

Quite a disappointing day here - cloudy and muggy. Also, looking at temperature stats, it seems it's 16-17C around here at the moment and 22-23C south of the Thames ( roughly ). Quite a contrast.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

hmm that looks an interesting warning i am also right in line for that. Never happens like that tho....