Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 17th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Yeah most of the good stuff doesn't even happen until after 2pm ! plenty of time left still :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sun is out in Bradford and its very warm, no breeze either despite forecasts of a breezy day today.

It is way to early to give up yet, best stuff for the NW is going to be later this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A heavy prolonged shower here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Yeah Ok, couldn't stay away! blum.gif

That cell just SW of Chester has got my attention...! Keeping an eye on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Heard two closer sferics in the last few minutes, maybe from the Chester cell? Sun is out here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

very good storm going on to the East of me, lots of IC lightning couple of CG's too with some pretty loud sounding thunder

Posted

morning all. seems to be a promising day by the current look of things, even for us up here which makes a change smile.png

got a nice cell building just to my south east , hopefully it will produce some noise . good.gif

Posted

yet another shower now, getting quite frequent, we must have the perfect wind direction at last. Sferics have exploded into life around the regian now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

nowt here, havent had 1 drop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wow, Loads of activity.

Some amazing convection going on.

Gonne go for a ride, hopefully by the time i get back, that storm to my SW will be here :)

Posted

Some rapidly intensifying cells to my south and west. All the action too far west for me and not heard any rumbles yet but hoping for some action later + starting to get very windy.

Edited by bensainsbury

Posted

Plenty of thunder rolling around here at the moment. Had a heavy burst of rain, nothing torrential though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

storm heading towards mildenhall lakenheath area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Where i live I can look out towards the Severn Crossings and Chepstow which is about 7 miles from here and there is a huge dark stormy cloud. Sferics being detected within it to. All part of that cell moving up the Severn Estuary. Faint rumbles being heard to.

Anyone in Clevedon or Portishead seeing anything? Seems to be a good place right now to view this cell travelling up!

Edited by Chris K

Posted

Frequent thunder here now in Kilmarnock, just on the edge of the storm here so can watch the structure form on it in the dry. The north end of the town is getting a hammering from the rain though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

I can hear the brontide to my south.. Had a passing moderate shower a few moments ago and now the sun is trying to break through, looking forward to what develops later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Thunderstorm to the east of Leeds but decided against chasing as it is moving away from me and have ended up behind storms and ending up with nothing too many times to be drawn in again. Plus that area is notouriously difficult with regards to traffic.

I have decided to stick with my initial thoughts of the western Pennines being best and so am now sat not far from Saddleworth. Nothing here yet but I am hopeful in the next couple of hours things may start kicking off here.

Nice cell around Chester atm moving into Merseyside.

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just had a moderate shower here, fingers crossed for something thundery later though, I think any showers won't turn thundery until further north than me though mellow.png

Posted

Awesomes. Watching CG's coming out from the huge white cell about 1 mile to my north and a smaller one which Isn't on radar yet.post-26-0-88108000-1344082477_thumb.jpg

Posted

now I think, I'm not sure but I think I just heard a very distant boom of thunder about 8 miles away. Will weight for the next sferic from the cell to see, they're very infrequent ATM:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Went down to KFC in wath earlier and had a little storm with all the lightning beieng CG's,good stuff,i filmed it but my camera has been damaged some how,it's showing loads of pinkish lines through the film,guttedsorry.gif

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

heavy showers again, flicker of lightning .Big black clouds contrasting with brilliant sun.I'm not complaining (but poor dog shook like a leaf)

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Heavy thundery shower here recently - nothing special. Think Garforth and areas further east got it properly though.

Edited by Aaron