Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 30th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Showers forming around 10 miles north of here and heading northwards into north Kent and Essex from the looks of it...so very typical!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

All the storms are going to converge on Lincolnshire...

Posted

Thunder at the mo. Very black and backbuilding too...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/ Snow

Here in south essex it just flooded people down my road and its still fallling.... 5cm in under an hour.

Not a drop here in SE Essex today, seem to be in the clear slot between the 2 active areas, did not see a drop of rain yesterday as well and had a great bbq, I usually rate a summer on the number of BBQ's we have or go to and so far we are at 7 which is 3 more than the whole of 2011 so this summer is pretty damn good for the first week of August!

Good luck all with your Storms today.

Check outside now! :p just had 5cm in one hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Torrential downpour with wind gusts here in west London. Didnt hear any thunder.

Posted

Ah it's a very nice place is Littleport. All my ancestors are from that area. Hope you get a storm while you're there. In my limited experience the flatter the ground the better the storm. And all that water. Hope you have fun at the dog show. biggrin.png

I am home now, but we had a lovely time. No storm, but really liked Littleport, big enough to have a good wander around and but not too big so you feel like you are in a town. Nice individual little character. No storms but plenty of billowing clouds. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Looks like a good storm rocking right up to my door :D Lot of thunder already and some bright lightning, now raining hard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

First distant rumbles heard from something approaching from SW roughly. :D Come to Goosey!

Posted

Plenty of crackles on radio now. Very still and quiet.

Posted

First distant rumbles heard from something approaching from SW roughly. biggrin.png Come to Goosey!

Quite active and a lot of rain in it :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Thunder & lightning, with heavy rain here too, for the last 15 minutes.

Posted

Plenty of crackles on radio now. Very still and quiet.

It looks like Norwich (or at least the western side) is having a decent, heavy thunderstorm at the moment. Any news?biggrin.png

Posted

More active as it moves away as usual, rumbles every 20 secs or so!

It looks like Norwich (or at least the western side) is having a decent, heavy thunderstorm at the moment. Any news?biggrin.png

Just cleared from here, quite active with some gunshot thunder and torrential rain, still rumbling every 20-30 secs so more active than it was at mine :)

Posted

Just had a decent little storm here and.........I copped a lovely bolt of lightning on iPad recorder and very loud instantaneous crack of thunder. Will post shortly. :D

Posted

More active as it moves away as usual, rumbles every 20 secs or so!

Just cleared from here, quite active with some gunshot thunder and torrential rain, still rumbling every 20-30 secs so more active than it was at mine smile.png

Yes, the lightning detector implies it's very active.

We had at least 10 close (within a couple of miles) lightning flashes, 3/4 hour ago, but the indicator here only showed a couple?huh.png Your storm looks way more active than that.

Posted

Not very interesting at first but the clouds were very low and VERY keraunic looking. :D There is the sound of a wreck of a car then a man saying "I'm not going to ask" to me. The lightning is to left of screen just after that. Wish I'd got it more to centre of screen. But hey, I'm excited cos it's the first time EVER I've filmed lightning. Oh, then you hear my ghastly Yorkshire tones. :D

Posted

Not very interesting at first but the clouds were very low and VERY keraunic looking. biggrin.png There is the sound of a wreck of a car then a man saying "I'm not going to ask" to me. The lightning is to left of screen just after that. Wish I'd got it more to centre of screen. But hey, I'm excited cos it's the first time EVER I've filmed lightning. Oh, then you hear my ghastly Yorkshire tones. biggrin.png

Well done! Nice and close!biggrin.png

That was indeed a wreck of a car too! It sounded like a train braking. Also the wood pigeon sounded quite relaxed about everything.laugh.png

Edit. I can hear a wood pigeon at home here too. In fact I'd better rewatch it to make sure there was one originally in your film...blush.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Nice filming, K...There's something big brewing to the SSW of here, just now...One-or-two rumbles so far...

Posted

Nice filming, K...There's something big brewing to the SSW of here, just now...One-or-two rumbles so far...

Thanks K, that's the first flash of lightening I've seen in years. :D

Everything seems to be passing to the west of me. We have lovely blue skies and fluffy cotton wool clouds. :D