Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 30th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Thanks guys. It's sunny here now but muggy. Maybe more to come later. Some night time filmed flashes would be nice. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Thanks K, that's the first flash of lightening I've seen in years. biggrin.png

Everything seems to be passing to the west of me. We have lovely blue skies and fluffy cotton wool clouds. biggrin.png

And it was absolutely overhead, too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

the storm near wisbeach looks great ffom here, long anvil and unfrozen towers at the s.e. side, best structure ive seen for ages.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

<p>Dark as night here with constant thunder !!!!</p>

Sky telly gone

Edited by 80sWeather

Posted

A few showers today and a few rumbles, but dissapointed as there have been some big storms pretty nearby that all missed me.

<p>Dark as night here with constant thunder !!!!</p>

Sky telly gone

Radar looking very impressive for huntingdon/goddy, enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

A few showers today and a few rumbles, but dissapointed as there have been some big storms pretty nearby that all missed me.

Radar looking very impressive for huntingdon/goddy, enjoy!

Yes mate, been one of those days here had 3 storms today, very rare they usually split here and join back up over Norfolk lol

Posted

And it was absolutely overhead, too!

I thought it might be, I blew up the radar to see the hot spot. I saw it over your house. Did you see me peeking in your window? blum.gifbiggrin.png

I'm still basking in sunshine here. Costa del Stevenage. :D

Edited by Chilly Milly

Posted

Looks like Ely region is getting a pounding. Lots of spherics on radio as well. (is spherics the correct word for those szizz sounds?) More to come I hope. :o

Posted

Looks like Ely region is getting a pounding. Lots of spherics on radio as well. (is spherics the correct word for those szizz sounds?) More to come I hope. ohmy.png

Can hear plenty of distant rumbles again same as there was a few hours ago . . sounds like they are having lots of fun.

Some heavy rain here but no nearby rumbles so far

Posted

I thought it might be, I blew up the radar to see the hot spot. I saw it over your house. Did you see me peeking in your window? blum.gifbiggrin.png

I'm still basking in sunshine here. Costa del Stevenage. biggrin.png

So it was you, was it? I thought I could see the clouds twitching! Who needs net-curtains when there's funnel-clouds around?rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Two thunderstorms passing through earlier this afternoon. Total rainfall today 7.8mm/

Posted

Something wicked this way comes..........I think. :)

Posted

wub.png

laugh.png

And the anvils are spectacular - all lit-up by the setting sun...

Posted

That lot from Ely area is passing to the north of me. The red blob split up ( ok so I'm still learning:) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just for you, QS...

But where is Adge Cutler?wink.png

Been on the beer from late afternoon (in Brightlingsea - nothing too heavy tho.) There were some great cloud structures on my bus journey home -combined with the setting sun they made me feel very alive.Off to my local soon, for a short while (have got to watch the Men's 100m Final in that sort of establishment - it's my favourite Olympics event)cool.png

Posted

But where is Adge Cutler?wink.png

Been on the beer from late afternoon (in Brightlingsea - nothing too heavy tho.) There were some great cloud structures on my bus journey home -combined with the setting sun they made me feel very alive.Off to my local soon, for a short while (have got to watch the Men's 100m Final in that sort of establishment - it's my favourite Olympics event)cool.png

Steve, very good question about Adge (long dead now). He was the song writing force behind the cider jug blowing and the smocks etc. Whilst I now live in the SE I am actually (confession time) from Brizzle and despite the Wurzels being (a) Bristol City fans (I'm not) and (also) a bit of an embarassment to the West Country, they are one of my guilty pleasures - only yesterday I was teaching my youngest 2 the words to Combine Harvester, and in doing that I realised for the first time that 'I drove my tractor through your haystack last night' might not actually be describing an unfortunate farm accident (at least not in the sense that I had understood it for 35 years)

Been wall to wall (almost) sunshine in Brighton today - now back home whilst the family stay on there for a few days. I can use the days to work hard, play squash and hone the body ready for the fortnight in the mountains of Andalucia. Or I could take the traditional approach and stick the local takeaway on 'friends and family' and hope for the best...

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur