Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2012 / 2013 Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

'Joe laminate floori â€@BigJoelaminate floori

When this winter is over, most of northwest Europe, if they are still buying into global warming, wont be. Things look harsh there'

He better be prepared to eat his words on March 1st then if he's wrong!

What's he basing his thoughts on then?

Can't knock him for consistency, and IF he does come to be proven right come Spring, he would no doubt become a God on here! lol.

;) ;)

Posted

Can't knock him for consistency, and IF he does come to be proven right come Spring, he would no doubt become a God on here! lol.

tease.giftease.gif

That's confidential to WeatherBell subscribers! Only $160 if you wanna find out! Haha

Posted

That's confidential to WeatherBell subscribers! Only $160 if you wanna find out! Haha

Does it come with a money back guarantee?

:)

Posted

Aye, year-in and year-out, we can always rely on Joe!rofl.gif

Too be fair RP Joe did predict a mild start to winter for us last year with any cold coming later in the season. A good call I would say.

Posted

'Joe laminate floori â€@BigJoelaminate floori

When this winter is over, most of northwest Europe, if they are still buying into global warming, wont be. Things look harsh there'

He better be prepared to eat his words on March 1st then if he's wrong!

Im a sceptic of AGW myself, but I think Joe would be wise to leave out his own personal ideas on AGW and concentrate on forecasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

So then people who are for GW should stick to forecasting as well?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Interesting from JB. He does like to ramp but has been close in the past with some of his forecasts. The important thing which distinguishes him from people like Madden is that he is an actual meteorologist.

Personally I have a feeling that we could see a sub 0c degree CET 10 - 15 day period.

Even an average winter could be snowy! :)

Posted

Hopefully, another picture in the papers of a completely white British Isles come December too.

Yup, now I know people will call me ungrateful because of what happened the year before in 2010 but last years 'Green Christmas' with temperatures in double figures just felt wrong.

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted

Does it come with a money back guarantee?

smile.png

You might get a free forecast for Winter 2013/2014 wink.png

Edited by Andy163

Posted

Yup, now I know people will call me ungrateful because of what happened the year before in 2010 but last years 'Green Christmas' with temperatures in double figures just felt wrong.

I agree with you there. I can remember going to the sales on Boxing day without a coat as it was that mild, 14/15 degrees in December is wrong, For what its worth TWO are suggesting a higher chance of colder weather this year, but I am sure they said the same last year during October.

Posted

Anyone know when the Netweather winter forecast is due out -bit early yet i know.

Its usually out at the end of November/early December. They sometimes release a taster a little earlier around mid- late November

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

tease.giftease.gif

Hope he's right. If he gets it wrong though, he will be nothing but another James Madden. lol.

Wonder what Fergies thoughts are on Joe's tweets?

Posted

Hope he's right. If he gets it wrong though, he will be nothing but another James Madden. lol.

Wonder what Fergies thoughts are on Joe's tweets?

Ian replied to one of Joe's earlier tweets in September, all he said was;

Hmmmmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Interesting tweets from Joe B, how you can know what will happen this far out though, so many factors could change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Anyone know when the Netweather winter forecast is due out -bit early yet i know.

Netweather have an early look for December out

Winter - An Early Look

December

Confidence really is very low at this stage, but looking briefly to the start of winter the current expectation is for both temperatures and rainfall to be pretty close to normal for the time of year.

dectemp.png

This forecast was supposed to be updated last Friday 5th October but as yet it hasn't

Posted

i've said this before but Joe B said last year would be a brutal winter for westen europe. - he was right. he never specified the UK, we were right on the edge last year and missed out by a very small margin. that's the price we pay for being an island on the edge of the atlantic.

this year however, the signs are positive for us for a colder winter. this time last year, we were scratching about to see what winter might bring. this year, we already have many positive signs in place and it's still only october!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

i've said this before but Joe B said last year would be a brutal winter for westen europe. - he was right. he never specified the UK, we were right on the edge last year and missed out by a very small margin. that's the price we pay for being an island on the edge of the atlantic.

this year however, the signs are positive for us for a colder winter. this time last year, we were scratching about to see what winter might bring. this year, we already have many positive signs in place and it's still only october!

i think someone posted on here with charts too prove that winter 2011/12 was an average winter overall in western europe with a colder than average feb offset by a milidish dec and jan...so wasnt a brutal winter at all!

Posted

i think someone posted on here with charts too prove that winter 2011/12 was an average winter overall in western europe with a colder than average feb offset by a milidish dec and jan...so wasnt a brutal winter at all!

if we take as an average overall, but some parts did have some 'brutal' weather. maybe as a whole is wasn't but how many 'memorable winters' have we had which actually, as a whole, weren't that cold. for instance, we could have a very mild december and january but a february which goes down in (human memory) history as the best we've ever had. the overall statistics might not reflect this (winter CET etc) but we would remember it as a good one. feb 1991 is a good example. i don't remember the rest of the winter being anything spectacular but one week made the whole winter!

Posted

He didn't say brutal for w Europe (unless my memory is playing tricks). He was keen on the cold being se Europe based as opposed to the previous winter which was n european cold. He did post a chart mid jan which he remarked showed cold coming. Maybe he used the word brutal at that juncture. He was right though as the freeze backed west.

Loving the lack of organised vortex on the current mid oct output

Posted

If you had to choose, would you rather have 10 average winters in a row, or would you like to see a 1947 or 1962/63 type winter this coming winter and then for the next 10 winters it would have to be well above average ?

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

Yep,average overall temps. for winter as a whole...

.....it was a quite a severe February in mainland Europe however.

Posted

He didn't say brutal for w Europe (unless my memory is playing tricks). He was keen on the cold being se Europe based as opposed to the previous winter which was n european cold. He did post a chart mid jan which he remarked showed cold coming. Maybe he used the word brutal at that juncture. He was right though as the freeze backed west

Loving the lack of organised vortex on the current mid oct output

yes ,he did say that if i remember correectly and he was not far wrong.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

If you had to choose, would you rather have 10 average winters in a row, or would you like to see a 1947 or 1962/63 type winter this coming winter and then for the next 5 winters it would have to be above average ?

I'd have to take the brutal winter and then swallow 5 mild ones drinks.gif