Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 12th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ali and Surrey were talking about a meal earlier. This came through the post earlier. Thought I'd post :)

post-15543-0-43450600-1352905869_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ali and Surrey were talking about a meal earlier. This came through the post earlier. Thought I'd post smile.png

Meals on wheels, crash diets at Harvey's spring to mind.

Best get my coat before MKSA comes back. smiliz39.gif

Posted

Best get my coat before MKSA comes back.

Too late.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Ali and Surrey were talking about a meal earlier. This came through the post earlier. Thought I'd post smile.png

Are we being hoodwinked I wonder? Still turkey jalfrezhi will do!biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Too late.....

I know. She must be planning some form of unwelcoming committee for me, each time I pop in and out of this region. help.gif

I've recently purchased a camera, so maybe I could continue the pictures theme of this very thread.

Anyway, for now, I have eyes firmly fixed on those snow date predictions, so I'm off to witness the unveiling of the GFS 12z. drinks.gif

Posted

Are we being hoodwinked I wonder? Still turkey jalfrezhi will do!biggrin.png

Or a few beers and a kebab?

Perhaps, the time to worry is if MKSA runs off with the money. Having said that, I believe a certain someone else is in charge of that particular task that evening. drinks.gif

Posted

Or a few beers and a kebab?

Perhaps, the time to worry is if MKSA runs off with the money. Having said that, I believe a certain someone else is in charge of that particular task that evening. drinks.gif

Ahem!

Posted

So far so good, a cooler weekend with snow up North and then what of next week. search.gif

I'll keep you posted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Best get my coat before MKSA comes back. smiliz39.gif

post-10773-0-88231500-1352908517.jpg

I believe a certain someone else is in charge of that particular task that evening. drinks.gif

I will not be taking charge of anything that evening drunk.gif

......anyway we have one amongst us who is far better qualified at counting beans than I good.gif

Posted

Ahem!

All will be fine, just as long as you don't work for Barclays bank or for certain government ministers. rofl.gif

Posted

post-10773-0-88231500-1352908517.jpg

I will not be taking charge of anything that evening drunk.gif

......anyway we have one amongst us who is far better qualified at counting beans than I good.gif

And I used to be a Financial Accountant, I'll have you know. blum.gif I'm sure we will be in most capable hands.

Now, I prefer to be counting crows. rofl.gif

1993CountingCrowsAugust600.jpg

or even

carrion-crow.jpg

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

And I used to be a Financial Accountant, I'll have you know. blum.gif I'm sure we will be in most capable hands.

Now, I prefer to be counting crows. rofl.gif

You've probably made a good career choice then.good.gif You'd probably like it where I live, loads of wading birds in the estuary at the moment, a couple of colonies of marsh harriers within 4 miles etc.

Posted

You've probably made a good career choice then.good.gif You'd probably like it where I live, loads of wading birds in the estuary at the moment, a couple of colonies of marsh harriers within 4 miles etc.

Yes I would. A Harrier roost is something else, with birds coming in from everywhere. Having said that, up on the local downs, there is Red Kite roost, which is said to hold up to 100 individuals in winter. clapping.gif

There's a right boggle-eyed monster showing up on the latest NH charts, which must surely be a portent for a monster or beast of a winter ahead. rofl.gif

post-7183-0-66266500-1352909730_thumb.pn

He's not changing shape any time soon either, if his top half could shift West and the bottom, several hundred miles to the East, then it'll be here comes WINTER.

Posted

Well here is my offering for today....

post-10773-0-88846300-1352909314_thumb.j

This is Brill windmill which is one of the most ancient and valuable post mills in the country, a couple of tourists there who were on bikes seemed to think they were at the location of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang film windmill but that is Cobstone Mill at Ibstone ..I didn't bother to tell them they were about 20 miles out!

post-10773-0-08341700-1352909617_thumb.j

It was lovely to spend the afternoon in the countryside after a morning helping to boost the economy in a busy shopping village...

post-10773-0-55373800-1352909762_thumb.j

I even saw a couple of birds on the way back GTLTW ....any nearer and they would have been going in the slow cooker !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Well here is my offering for today....

post-10773-0-88846300-1352909314_thumb.j

This is Brill windmill which is one of the most ancient and valuable post mills in the country, a couple of tourists there who were on bikes seemed to think they were at the location of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang film windmill but that is Cobstone Mill at Ibstone ..I didn't bother to tell them they were about 20 miles out!

post-10773-0-08341700-1352909617_thumb.j

It was lovely to spend the afternoon in the countryside after a morning helping to boost the economy in a busy shopping village...

post-10773-0-55373800-1352909762_thumb.j

I even saw a couple of birds on the way back GTLTW ....any nearer and they would have been going in the slow cooker !

That second image wouldn't look out of place, some hundred years back. good.gif

Posted

If the GFS 12z is to be believed then middle of next week onwards is going to be much more seasonable if not pretty cold. The cooling trend may well be starting to show itself on a consistant basis at last. Should it do so, the last week of November will be looking very very tasty IMO. good.gif

Main bulk of the split vortex has transferred East to Siberia by t+156 or thereabouts and that was precisely what GP and others were hoping would happen. drinks.gif

The rest is FI but I shall watch it unfold before diving into my warm bath. air_kiss.gif

Posted

if his top half could shift West and the bottom, several hundred miles to the East, then it'll be here comes WINTER.

That's one big 'if' GLTW!!! :winky:

Posted

That's one big 'if' GLTW!!! wink.png

isn't it always. rofl.gif

Posted

Yellow Warning of Fog for London & South East England :

Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes

Yellow Warning of Fog for East of England :

Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Luton, Suffolk, Norfolk & Peterborough

Valid from: 2100 on Wed 14 Nov 2012

Valid to: 1100 on Thu 15 Nov 2012

Fog is expected to become widespread and dense later on Wednesday evening and overnight into Thursday across southeastern parts of Wales, the Midlands and possibly East Anglia.

Issued at: 1539 on Wed 14 Nov 2012

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=813FF218-E6AD-364C-8031-FF853E7D80B5_1_SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Are these rumours I'm hearing about it being a very cold, very snowy winter true or have I been Daily Expressed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Are these rumours I'm hearing about it being a very cold, very snowy winter true or have I been Daily Expressed?

The truth is, as yet no one knows.

I just hate that yellow fogrofl.gif

I dont mind yellow fog, its that yellow snow I hate. It tastes discusting, nothing like lemon ice cream sorry.gif

Posted

Photos from lunchtime today.smile.png

post-11059-0-50820900-1352922243_thumb.j

post-11059-0-05870100-1352922272_thumb.j

post-11059-0-22217400-1352922294_thumb.j

post-11059-0-81514800-1352922317_thumb.j