Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 12th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
Airlines faced problems with fog at Heathrow and other London-area airports this morning while attempting to recover from yesterday’s general strike across Europe. Hundreds of flights to and from striking nations were cancelled as well as services from the UK. British Airways and easyJet were among the UK carriers forced to cancel some services to Spain, Portugal and Greece.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/11/15/42298/fog+hampers+airports+european+strikes+recovery.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

We had light fog at home, which lifted patchily to create a quite stunning ethereal look, with the autumn colours.

I've driven to work and it's gloomy here - metaphorically speaking as well.wink.png

Enjoy your day. It'll soon be the weekend.biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nice and sunny here now. Lovely day for me and nipper to go for a walk me thinks.

Just had the weirdest experience. I was washing up in kitchen when I saw the brightest flash of light in the corner of kitchen. One of the cats saw it as well. Been looking for possible explanations, but so far.....nuthin'. Is this a sign of impending doom? :o

Posted

Here are three photos from the village this morning. When I was at the creek, there was light fog, without a lot of colour, so I thought I'd take all the colour out.

The other one has an annoying twig at the top, which I didn't spot at the time, but nevermind.

post-11059-0-23245700-1352973662_thumb.j

post-11059-0-43077600-1352973670_thumb.j

post-11059-0-92784500-1352973685_thumb.j

Posted

Nice and sunny here now. Lovely day for me and nipper to go for a walk me thinks.

Just had the weirdest experience. I was washing up in kitchen when I saw the brightest flash of light in the corner of kitchen. One of the cats saw it as well. Been looking for possible explanations, but so far.....nuthin'. Is this a sign of impending doom? ohmy.png

Take your camera K :)

I once had the experience in the kitchen you described - it was the kettle shorting out ohmy.png

Posted

Take your camera K :)

I once had the experience in the kitchen you described - it was the kettle shorting out ohmy.png

Yes, it was near to the cooker hood so it was probably that. *phew* nice to know I'm not going bonkers. :D Cheers Steve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just had the weirdest experience. I was washing up in kitchen when I saw the brightest flash of light in the corner of kitchen.

..what and not followed by a genie granting you three wishes.....very disappointing unsure.png

......so I thought I'd take all the colour out.

The other one has an annoying twig at the top, which I didn't spot at the time, but nevermind.

Lovely photos as always Steve good.gif

It might be a silly question but if you can take the colour out of the other two can't you photoshop the twig out of that one? ........ if not next time take your gardening shears blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just had the weirdest experience. I was washing up in kitchen when I saw the brightest flash of light in the corner of kitchen. One of the cats saw it as well. Been looking for possible explanations, but so far.....nuthin'. Is this a sign of impending doom? ohmy.png

Could it have been this but I somehow doubt it. sorry.gif

Posted

The fog is thickening at work here. Just need to be down the pub (well in an hour and a halfwink.png ) next to a roaring log fire really. Pity it's not an option.

Posted

It might be a silly question but if you can take the colour out of the other two can't you photoshop the twig out of that one? ........ if not next time take your gardening shears blum.gif

I could do that, but it's really a case of is it worth bothering really? I could just go there and take a similar shot tomorrow, if the weather is similar... I might photoshop it later.

Yes, it was near to the cooker hood so it was probably that. *phew* nice to know I'm not going bonkers. biggrin.png Cheers Steve.

I changed my kettle as soon as it happened. I couldn't understand why it didn't blow the fuse first either.ohmy.png

Posted

The best photos of this winter will undoubtedly be taken at a venue in Milton Keynes on 8th December.ph34r.png

Posted

Here is Steve's lovely photo with the twigs cloned out. This cloning tool/app is quite nifty. :)

post-17085-0-08605100-1352976443_thumb.j

Posted

Could it have been this but I somehow doubt it. sorry.gif

If there was St Elmo's Fire around K, I think she'd be so excited she wouldn't be able to post!biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The best photos of this winter will undoubtedly be taken at a venue in Milton Keynes on 8th December.ph34r.png

I hope Keraunophile isn't thinking of cloning anything, come December 8th. help.gif

I can think of a few things which I might like cloned, but they're not visible on Steve C's pictures. blum.gif

Posted

I love your photos Steve, with or without the twig. I wish I lived or worked anywhere as beautiful as you do. You are very lucky.

To be honest Milly, Alresford Creek is photogenic and there are the ruins of the old church, but the village itself isn't really attractive. There are just a few good places - actually most of them are on the road to the Creek imho.

Near where I work (and the photos I posted yesterday were from it) is a village called Terling. This village has more photographic options

as it's quite picturesque in parts (nice church, green, very mature trees, attractive houses etc.) . It also has a ford, which I had a look at yesterday first of all for photos, but it was the wrong time of day there.

Posted

I hope Keraunophile isn't thinking of cloning anything, come December 8th. help.gif

I can think of a few things which I might like cloned, but they're not visible on Steve C's pictures. blum.gif

Good job too!ph34r.pngsmiliz23.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I imagine there will be plenty of antics worthy of photographing in the car park if it snows.......

post-10773-0-42771100-1352987760_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Gutted am missing out on 8 December gathering, am in wales that weekend.

Today here in the west its a bit Parkie. Was foggy here in the park first thing, and still a bit hazy now, but the sun is breaking through..

Posted

12°C and milky sunshine with a slight haze in the distance. Got some of the usual odd stares on the M25, with the roof down in mid-November, but what choice do I have - I just love that sun!!!! :)

Posted

I imagine there will be plenty of antics worthy of photographing in the car park if it snows.......

post-10773-0-42771100-1352987760_thumb.j

I don't know which four blokes they might be, but I'll let the other chaps indulge. I'll stay in the nice and warm. good.gif

Horrible gloomy day here in Hatfield Peverel. Totally different to yesterday. I wonder if the gloom re-established at home, after the earlier sunshine?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

http://www.weatherch...rg/ukmomslp.htm

I will do a proper update tomorrow night. If I was saying saturday I would say rain from about 1pm to around 6pm

Be easier to do a more detailed one tomorrow

Hi John,

Thanks for your help, I'm glad you replied as you are often spot on:) I had a look at those fax charts and from what I can tell, it is a bit touch and go with those fronts lurking around in that crucial timeframe. If you are right, that is probably the best I can hope for, and get the wood covered up on Friday.

We are usually very lucky with the weather as we do this almost every year. Sometimes it has been freezing, once warm enough for t shirts, it has wet later on in the night, and in November 2009 it followed in the evening of the wettest day my Station ever recorded, the rain stopped about 4pm, just in time - so fingers crossed :)

I'll keep an eye out for any further updates...

Posted

I'll keep an eye out for any further updates...

All I can add to John's excellent appraisal are these:

gfs_prec_eur57.png

gfs_prec_eur60.png

60_20.gif

60_4.gif

So heavier the further South you go in our region?

Posted

Very dull and overcast here but quite mild. Oh, for some frost and ice.

They don't care what the weather is like as long as they have their Whiskas.

post-17085-0-82133300-1352992138_thumb.j