Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Current shower has a little bit of sleet mixed in. Can't really tell until I look on my velux window and see some slightly formed drops. .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Torrential sleety rain - imagine if we the easterly had delivered several days of intense snow showers like this one!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Just like to add that sleet and hail showers have been falling here on the coast, pretty nasty out there in a penetrating NNWesterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Very heavy sleet and hail mix falling from those showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I have now well and truly learned my lesson not to get sucked in to the model outputs - I will only get excited when we have snow potential within 24-48hrs!

Heavy sleety showers this morning - feels perishing!

Posted

Very significant shower just came over, everythings went dark!! If only it was snow falling instead of torrential rain

Rain you say? Hefty hail shower here on the coast.! Melts within a minute or so though.

Posted

Rain you say? Hefty hail shower here on the coast.! Melts within a minute or so though.

I'd say it was melted hail or sleet on further inspection haha, definitely a wintry flavour to it

Posted

Heavy rain/sleet now in a brisk Nor'easterly, bloody awful , glad I'm indoors now but I had a pleasant walkabout in the sunshine and observed some 'grand' Cb's floating around.

Posted

I'd say it was melted hail or sleet on further inspection haha, definitely a wintry flavour to it

I'm only a mile away from you and it was deffo a heavy hail shower which has given a light hail covering on the surfaces! It was one of those showers that looked like missing you but then maybe upper winds have driven it towards your area quickly, either way, it was quite interesting to watch.

The rain did turn to sleety on the back edge but air temp/thicknesses is not really conclusive for snowfall unfortunately.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

Heavy rain/sleet now in a brisk Nor'easterly, bloody awful , glad I'm indoors now but I had a pleasant walkabout in the sunshine and observed some 'grand' Cb's floating around.

Was actually a brilliant view of an impending shower when I was on the metro to uni this morning, looking north(ish) from Gateshead from the track where you can see for miles, wish i'd took a photo but i'd have felt like an 'idiot' (or worse) if i was taking a photo from a crowded metro of people looking at me hahah.

I'm only a mile away from you and it was deffo a heavy hail shower which has given a light hail covering on the surfaces! It was one of those showers that looked like missing you but then maybe upper winds have driven it towards your area quickly, either way, it was quite interesting to watch.

The rain did turn to sleety on the back edge but air temp/thicknesses is not really conclusive for snowfall unfortunately.

Nah it definitely wasn't hail here it wasn't loud enough, and i checked the ground and there definitely wasn't any hail lying about here LOL very weird

Edit: Ok it's definitely hailing now!

Edited by Andy163

Posted

Andy just grease ya hair up brush it to the side ,put a pair of sellotaped national health glasses on and a scruffy anorak then nobody would bat an eyelid at you taking photos..!! haha

Posted

Andy just grease ya hair up brush it to the side ,put a pair of sellotaped national health glasses on and a scruffy anorak then nobody would bat an eyelid at you taking photos..!! haha

Lmfao. How do you know I don't already look like that ? wink.png

Wow really? Getting this shower Andy? Its hail again!

Yeah i've had my hail fix now hahahagood.gif

Posted

Lmfao. How do you know I don't already look like that ? wink.png

Yeah i've had my hail fix now hahahagood.gif

I think we'd be looking at the photos from the metro if you did.!! haha