Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th December 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm liking the input from you guys n gals and whilst I'm literally ticking like against your posts, I so wish those who are and will be effected by these deluges stay safe and dry where at all possible. friends.gif

Yes, please stay safe ....

Just two feet of water is enough to float a car and six inches of fast flowing water can knock you off your feet.

Flood water also contains hidden dangers such as open manhole covers !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

Photos on the Dorset Echo website showing Burton Bradstock affected again.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Local roads around Wellington and Taunton are flooding.I feel so sorry for all those experiencing flooding again.Please stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi ive received 15mm of rain today it seems a bit low with the readings around, anyone in the Poole area got any readings? Cheers

I had a look around, that looks about right up until now. The heavier stuff was slightly further west and south. There's more to come so your total will creep up. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Just emptied the rain gauge and have had 25mm so far :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi ive received 15mm of rain today it seems a bit low with the readings around, anyone in the Poole area got any readings? Cheers

Also try weather underground at the following link and select Station select for a whole number of local sites. good.gif

http://www.wundergro...:00000.15.03862

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Ok thanks for that been having a few probs with my Vantage vue rain collector dont know what that screw is for?!!

You're not taling about the one under the ISS that's connected to the tipping implement? If you are, that's just a screw to actually remove the tipping implement itself, so you can clean it or whatever. I've had to do it several times this year because of pidgeon poop. :lol:

Posted

theres a thumb screw to release it and there another screw the other side seemingly doing nothing.

Yeah the thumb screw allows the whole tipping sensor to be removed. I haven't messed with the other one as my gauge seems to always fall inline with radar accumulations or stations close to me. You'll have to look up about the screw turning for upping the percentage.

Posted

Wareham causeway has flooded again, and the road is closed! We're at the second, second, high tide of the day, there's a higher one later this evening.

Posted

Wareham causeway has flooded again, and the road is closed! We're at the second, second, high tide of the day, there's a higher one later this evening.

Not looking good at all across the whole region, and the second band is creeping in could be lots of flooding by the end of the evening.

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

be safe latest radar not looking very nice for you people down there in the west country at the moment

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

After this batch that we are getting now - across Devon at the moment, is that it for today? Or is there a secondary wave tonight - or is this it?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

After this batch that we are getting now - across Devon at the moment, is that it for today? Or is there a secondary wave tonight - or is this it?!

I think the southwest will be spared from this rain band unless it peps up further south, I know for a fact however it's more of a 'north of M4' event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I'll let you make your own mind up on that one. Run the animation below to the end and I think you will have your answer. acute.gif

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

NO!

Posted

I think the southwest will be spared from this rain band unless it peps up further south, I know for a fact however it's more of a 'north of M4' event.

I don't think it'll be more of a event north of the M4.

There's quite a large swathe of vortmax PVA running along the coastal stretches, as the next waves come through and encounters that PVA, the rainfall will increase over southern counties.

post-15177-0-13268500-1356190737_thumb.g

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Looks from radar that you are right

Parts of Wales have been impacted by the worse of it so far today but the trend is set for a few more deluges to come over the coming days, I'm afraid. help.gif

As if to prove things graphically, take a look at the following from the netweather radar. The impact from today's rainfall not hitting the river systems until 12 to 24 hours later as well. sorry.gif

post-7183-0-98856500-1356191067_thumb.pn

I'll keep looking for that light at the end of the tunnel because it will come eventually. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Parts of Wales have been impacted by the worse of it so far today but the trend is set for a few more deluges to come over the coming days, I'm afraid. help.gif

Just my wishful thinking,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

News Flash!!

It is currently........ Raining wallbash.gifmega_shok.gif

Around 34mm ish today currently which is dry compared to some but it doesnt feel like it.

Posted

News Flash!!

It is currently........ Raining wallbash.gifmega_shok.gif

Around 34mm ish today currently which is dry compared to some but it doesnt feel like it.

Not for long I'm afraid, its pepping up again, currently worse affected areas under the heaviest of rainbands would be Camelford, Bude and Bideford region of Cornwall and Devon. Also Bristol and Weston-super-Mare look to be under the heaviest deluges further to the North currently. lazy.gif All that little lot eventually spreading in Eastwards to affect other regions down South.

Posted

One of the better links currently informing us all as to how the weather is unfolding. good.gif

http://news.sky.com/story/1029012/floods-and-christmas-travel-chaos-live-updates

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Well over on other thread plenty bickering about FI, What is unfolding now in real weather terms is not FI and affecting people now

Posted

Had to get a digger in this morning to relieve knee-high water levels at the bottom of our garden/field. Wettest I have ever seen it - and this is sandy soil! Raining again now - hopefully we've done enough. Had over 25mm today at least......