Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

and ignore me, I'm only a MOD without any knowledge. rofl.gif

Ah...u feeling left out?! LOL!

.... Not forgetting yourself and gottolovetheweather of course...:)

Not me - i know little!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ahh my Tv is not playing ball this evening which is sods law can someone give us jist of ian F's forecast before its uploaded as i can't wait that long! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ah...u feeling left out?! LOL!

Nah, it was obviously a typo on your behalf.

I haven't deliberately mentioned Bristol & Avon as an area to watch into the weekend for snow reason.

Do you think you have a reasonable chance of the white stuff?

Posted

Nice to see Ian mention the lamppost for tomorrow night!!

All rather positive for NE of region tomorrow afternoon/evening onwards (esp higher ground Mullender) - pushing further West possibly as we move through the weekend and into next week.

Edited by kumquat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I know they are dating proberly nothing Down in Cornwall but what about the very border of Devon and Cornwall?

Am I reading this wrong? acute.gif

http://www.modelmeet.com/

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Nice to see Ian mention the lamppost for tomorrow night!!

Alright if you have one...

Luckily I had a massive 200 quid spot light installed outside with a 50m sensor range rofl.gif

Whats he said....

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Ahh my Tv is not playing ball this evening which is sods law can someone give us jist of ian F's forecast before its uploaded as i can't wait that long! drinks.gif

BRACE YOURSELVES

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

Just watched the weather forecast on Spotlight...no snow for Cornwall. Oh well I'll keep reading the South East regional thread for my snow fix!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Lamp post watching here may be a thing of the past, they're getting turned off from a certain time of night until a certain in the morning to conserve energy, all this after recently spending tens of thousands on replacing the bulbs with energy saving ones. fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

He ended with........BRRRRRRRR lol.

Although to e serious a good forecast, a little snow about Sat for some especially on higher ground, Mond/Weds was shown as text highlighting risks mianly in N.E of the region, but Ian said "just seen 12zs" things could be further West.

Posted

Very true sir!! Partly why I live in Princetown, usually the first place in devon to get it! Funny you should say about the essentials.... went to coop and got some preserves today!!

The village was shut for a week in December 2010 and sky news apparently reported the village shop being down to its last pack of crossiants!!

How upper class!! Little do they know!!

I have stocked the freezer too! Lol just in case but I think it's going to be marginal at the moment. Remember December 2010 well but feb 6th 2009 had the deepest snow I have seen here. Even then some of the old locals said it was nothing compared to 1963!. If only I had a time machine..............

Jase

Posted

From looking at the radar, sleet/snow entering parts of East Anglia right now.

That's an early bonus, snow tonight anyone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I missed the forecast, I am on the lash with a mate. Can someone post FB link when it comes up please. :)

celebrating already with the Cider DD? .... Your mate is going to love you when you stop mid drink flow to check out mr ferguson s forecast... :)

Posted

see my post above for a v brief summary of Ian's forecast

Thanks! drinks.gif

I did have "I need a hero" playing by bonnie tyler as you were watching it so must of helped... rofl.gifrofl.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nice forecast from Ian. Cautious and quite rightly so but aware of the 12z trend to move it a bit further west.

Remember, we are still 72 hours away from the potential event. A lot could, and probably will change in the coming hours still. For better or worse!

Roll on the 0z output.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All Weather

That's put a kibosh on it, me and @wareham weather quoted in the local, doh!!!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/10157121.Snow_likely_in_Dorset_with_Met_Office_warnings_for_ice/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I have stocked the freezer too! Lol just in case but I think it's going to be marginal at the moment. Remember December 2010 well but feb 6th 2009 had the deepest snow I have seen here. Even then some of the old locals said it was nothing compared to 1963!. If only I had a time machine..............

Jase

Good man!! Did you just see spotlight? She said wintry over the highest pasrts of Dartmoor!! Thats us mate!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Ok I just watched south today and looks like a wash out for the south...what cold spell.?have these wet spells every month down south lol.but I personally think we may see some white stuff sun/mon/tue

Posted

Just watched the weather forecast on Spotlight...no snow for Cornwall. Oh well I'll keep reading the South East regional thread for my snow fix!!

They might NOT predict snow but they simply won't know for sure.

I feel your pain, but let us not forget, nothing in this game is impossible when it comes to snow predictions.

As others have suggested, look for updates from AWD, Iceberg, fergieweather etc. as the weather is a ever changing.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

celebrating already with the Cider DD? .... Your mate is going to love you when you stop mid drink flow to check out mr ferguson s forecast... smile.png

LOL He'll put up or shut up. He knows that nothing comes between me & my weather. :D

Posted

At this rather busy juncture, I just want to remind people of the opening page once again, before any of you think of hhitting enter on your keyboards. The same also applies to myself, and for now, I'm only on my first cider.

Welcome to your current thread everyone:

These regional threads are geared for a more general 'chatty' discussion to give all members a chance to post and talk about your local conditions, your thoughts on how things are panning out and also to enjoy reading informative posts, we are lucky to have members with extensive knowledge in meteorology who are only to happy to share their thoughts with the rest of us.

The forum is extremely busy at the moment so in the interests of keeping the regional threads running smoothly please before you post just think about whether you'd be interested in what you're saying were someone else to post it. Pointless one liners and posts just asking if/when/where it will snow may well be deleted to ensure ease of use to all members during this busy period.

Also during this busy time the member’s locations have been temporarily switched off so if you haven’t already done so please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save)

I sincerely hope most of you will be very happy within the next few days; some may not but in any event please try to keep the thread topical, cheerful and positive for all our sanities

Thank yougood.gif