Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Im confused, I dont have a clue about charts and stuff but have enjoyed reading other peoples views on what might or might not happen but having just watched the local spotlight weather its not even that cold for the next few days except maybe Sunday, where did all the cold go? or is it not supposed to get cold until after Monday?

Hopeing someone on here has the answer, its way too scary in the Models section!

should mention Im in Axminster East Devon

Edited by sherrie

Posted

Good man!! Did you just see spotlight? She said wintry over the highest pasrts of Dartmoor!! Thats us mate!!

I missed that mate, too busy on here. Did they say any accumulation?

Would love to see it all further west still so everyone gets a dumping at some point. It look like it has a chance of going that way possibly so fingers crossed. What day did they say wintry falls up here?

Jase

Posted

At this rather busy juncture, I just want to remind people of the opening page once again, before any of you think of hhitting enter on your keyboards. The same also applies to myself, and for now, I'm only on my first cider.

Welcome to your current thread everyone:

These regional threads are geared for a more general 'chatty' discussion to give all members a chance to post and talk about your local conditions, your thoughts on how things are panning out and also to enjoy reading informative posts, we are lucky to have members with extensive knowledge in meteorology who are only to happy to share their thoughts with the rest of us.

The forum is extremely busy at the moment so in the interests of keeping the regional threads running smoothly please before you post just think about whether you'd be interested in what you're saying were someone else to post it. Pointless one liners and posts just asking if/when/where it will snow may well be deleted to ensure ease of use to all members during this busy period.

Also during this busy time the member’s locations have been temporarily switched off so if you haven’t already done so please add your location to your signature as it’s nice to know where everyone is located especially when you are reporting snow (for anyone not sure how to do this go to Edit Profile, Signature, Edit and Save)

I sincerely hope most of you will be very happy within the next few days; some may not but in any event please try to keep the thread topical, cheerful and positive for all our sanities

Thank yougood.gif

You're right. I'm sorry ;)

This post comes to you sponsored by Blossom Hill Merlot :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

They might NOT predict snow but they simply won't know for sure.

I feel your pain, but let us not forget, nothing in this game is impossible when it comes to snow predictions.

As others have suggested, look for updates from AWD, Iceberg, fergieweather has the weather is a ever changing.

I'll follow the various threads and see what happens. It's bloody raining again and 9 degrees here.....not really very wintry.

Let's hope we in Cornwall get some sort of wintry weather through this projected snap / spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

FAX chart for Monday;

post-12721-0-48303500-1357931719_thumb.j

Mild sector removed, 528DAM over Devon. Get in!

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Im confused, I dont have a clue about charts and stuff but have enjoyed reading other peoples views on what might or might not happen but having just watched the local spotlight weather its not even that cold for the next few days except maybe Sunday, where did all the cold go? or is it not supposed to get cold until after Monday?

Hopeing someone on here has the answer, its way too scary in the Models section!

should mention Im in Axminster East Devon

Well its currently 2c outside in Newbury, Berkshire. The colder upper air Temperatures will only start appearing out over Eastern england in the overnight period. This slowly filters and undercuts the warmer air to the Southwest. By midnight tomorrow, we will all be in cooler uppers. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

You're right. I'm sorry tease.gif

This post comes to you sponsored by Blossom Hill Merlot biggrin.png

Not aimed at you DD, I'm also on the cider so best take cover as the night unfolds. drinks.gif

T'was just a general message to help aid the flow.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

FAX chart for Monday;

post-12721-0-48303500-1357931719_thumb.j

Mild sector removed, 528DAM over Devon. Get in!

I SINCERELY FEEL LIKE RAMPING NOW.

The trend is indeed our friend, now to defining the intrinsic details.

Absolutely noone should feel miserable now, if you do, drink more beer, wine or cider. f045.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

hya you lovely weather loving souls..

i have been stuck in bed for the past week with that blasted virus :(..

can anyone give me a quick breifing as to what we should expect in the next 72hours onwards..

cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

I missed that mate, too busy on here. Did they say any accumulation?

Would love to see it all further west still so everyone gets a dumping at some point. It look like it has a chance of going that way possibly so fingers crossed. What day did they say wintry falls up here?

Jase

No accumulation but probably because they dare not! I wold say its difficult to predict up here, could be a cm, could be a foot!! More looking forward to next week TBH by the look of the charts.

Going over the Prince in a min, chunk is back from oz so going for a pint.

Posted

Absolutely noone should feel miserable now, if you do, drink more beer, wine or cider. f045.gif

EDIT: okay, perhaps somewhere might still miss out.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=10day;sess=

Posted

i have been stuck in bed for the past week with that blasted virus sad.png..

can anyone give me a quick breifing as to what we should expect in the next 72hours onwards..

cheers

This should help. good.gif

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75507-south-west-central-southern-england-regional-discussion-january-11th-2013/page__st__300#entry2480735

Posted

i have been stuck in bed for the past week with that blasted virus :(..

cheers

Getting colder from here on in.

Saturday: Dry start, rain moving in, heavy on upland facing slopes, northward extent uncertain, turning to sleet & possibly light snow as it clears south Saturday night

Sunday: Very cold but dry. Ice possible.

Monday: Large degree of uncertainty. PPN moving in from the west/north west, further east/north east you are in the region, higher probability of snowfall. Snow boundary currently uncertain. More likely rain in far SW.

EDIT: okay, perhaps somewhere might still miss out.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=10day;sess=

Hey!!! 70% chance is still respectable. :p :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

speaking of adding location to you signature, do signatures even show up when browsing the mobile version of the forum, which I use 99% of the time and I'm not seeing any signatures in any posts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think it wise to contain the ramping just a little until we see how it starts to unfold saturday and then if we still have all systems go by sunday then I'll ramp all the way air_kiss.gif

Saturday I shall be your eyes on the ground for mendip to let you all know if/when transitiion begins to unfold... we could still see a few surprises saturday as it would only take small alterations with the cold undercut as well as the ppn itself... just imagine if they have underplayed intensity going into the evening... drinks.gif

currently a chilly 4c outside and i shall soon be off to the local pub to get questioned I'm sure! mega_shok.gif

Posted

speaking of adding location to you signature, do signatures even show up when browsing the mobile version of the forum, which I use 99% of the time and I'm not seeing any signatures in any posts.

Not sure, I would PM Paul or Ian?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

well this is tense, but thinking might do what they used to do, and just wake up and see what may/may not happen, good luck to all who has it and enjoy,,.... all thoses days of waiting and watching, make the most of it :)

camborne (Near Truro)

Posted

Well its currently 2c outside in Newbury, Berkshire. The colder upper air Temperatures will only start appearing out over Eastern england in the overnight period. This slowly filters and undercuts the warmer air to the Southwest. By midnight tomorrow, we will all be in cooler uppers. good.gif

Thankyou for the explanation, so its not the temp here ie 7 thats important its how cold it is up there, I think Iv got it! (maybe)unsure.png

Posted

Just to let you know that if this FAX chart verifies;

post-12721-0-08653700-1357933082_thumb.j

Areas in red would receive snowfall and areas in yellow would get a wintry mix of rain, sleet & wet snow depending on elevation, local nuances etc.

post-12721-0-58797200-1357933146_thumb.j

Posted

Latest Tweet from Matt Hugo:

Apart from the far W of the UK, as I highlight here (http://www.theaa.com/emergency ) this chart has snow written all over it! http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2.gif

Posted

Just want to say - a very nice friendly forum here !

Certainly lots of battleground uncertainty (particularly Monday onwards) but if we knew exactly when and where it was going to snow.. heck - we'd have nothing to talk about ! rofl.gif

Tomorrow may surprise for some but whatever happens its gonna be a roller coaster for quite a while !

We wouldn't want it any other way eh ? nea.gif

Can someone provide a link to Ian Ferguson's latest forecast and latest fax chart ?

Cheers !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley)