Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion - January 11th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

2.7c here in Newbury, Berkshire. Getting milder but it will be downward all the way soon.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I think that it is one of those situations where you discover as it happens. Over the years I've seen several battleground events and they are so difficult to forecast. I normally follow the radar and look out of the window. I have to say that most of the time I hear of the possibility of snow but normally get rain like last February.

If you tell yourself to expect rain and it rains then it doesn't feel too bad but if it snows then it is a bonus for you. Each run on every model is different so don't take them as gospel.

Posted

Ok i have just looked at the fax chart and im glad to say ive snaped out of my suicidal episode, still all to play for it seems and can see further updates coming for the deeper cold to track west!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

7.1 here, mild.

4.7 here but feels colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

6C in Southampton. No rain here yet. Apparently it's 0C or below in Kent already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

7.1 here, mild.

That is mild. I'm in central Bristol currently and its only 6.0c here.

5.6c when I left home about a hour ago.

Posted

2.7c here in Newbury, Berkshire. Getting milder but it will be downward all the way soon.

Newbury!!!!! No wonder your excited........YOUR NOT NOT IN SW.

Are you trolling or would you wish to be added to the nonsense blurters watch list.

If I'm wrong, please correct me. rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Lashing down with rain here on Iow ugh if it stays like this next wk I'll be devastated!! Surely we'll get some snow! We had NOTHING last yr but the 2 yrs before had some substantial snowfall so it can happen here lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ok i have just looked at the fax chart and im glad to say ive snaped out of my suicidal episode, still all to play for it seems and can see further updates coming for the deeper cold to track west!

Amen to that.

Fax Charts are the best advice for the expected evolution as they contain all MetO tools and have added human input. With the 528 DAM wandering around the Cornish and Devonian borders across the next five days, it will be nail-biting stuff for some folk. search.gif

Other useful guides are NAE and NMM outputs whenever they are posted up. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Well, when gtltw posts his first snow report for the North Downs it's PARTY AT HIS!!!! yahoo.gifdrinks.gifbomb.gif

Posted

LOCATIONS!!!!

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.

It will inevitably come down to this in the coming days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Amen to that.

Fax Charts are the best advice for the expected evolution as they contain all MetO tools and have added human input. With the 528 DAM wandering around the Cornish and Devonian borders across the next five days, it will be nail-biting stuff for some folk. search.gif

Other useful guides are NAE and NMM outputs whenever they are posted up. good.gif

Our of curiousity, what's the rules with posting NMM charts from NW Extra? I've refrained from doing it currently as I don't want to get told off. :)

Posted

Well, when gtltw posts his first snow report for the North Downs it's PARTY AT HIS!!!! yahoo.gifdrinks.gifbomb.gif

Bring a bottle, not everyone will be invited though, eh!

I'm cheap too, as I'm a bit of a lightweight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

7.0 here in Bournemouth at the mo

Really? I'm in christchurch and my weather station is showing 4.7. How very odd. Hope it's not on the blink 😒

Posted

Our of curiousity, what's the rules with posting NMM charts from NW Extra? I've refrained from doing it currently as I don't want to get told off. smile.png

Like most things, I imagine the odd post during this cold spell will be fine. You could always add the quotation, this is the best weather forecasting toolkit available on the web.

Not my words, but Paul shouldn't mind I guess. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Snow!!

Lashing down with rain here on Iow ugh if it stays like this next wk I'll be devastated!! Surely we'll get some snow! We had NOTHING last yr but the 2 yrs before had some substantial snowfall so it can happen here lol

yes great memories of that snowfall, stuck between Newport and Wootton for 7 hours, only 3 miles apart!

Posted

The problem here is only being 10m above sea level and being quite close to the coast (Poole harbour & Jurassic) it is likely to keep dew points above freezing despite being under cold uppers. i'd only have to travel to Bere Regis or Lytchett Matravers and they would probably have snow.

Yes I think we will miss out being on the south coast, at least you can travel inland.

Pete IOW