Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

ooooh its hard not to get excited now. Wouldn't it be amazing to see some scenes like this.... some family pics of Feb 1979. 3 years before I was born but I remember some good snowfalls in the 80s where we were snowed in and all of the family sleeping downstairs huddled together infront of the fire as our house had no heating apart from the open fires. Awww we can live in hope that someday it will happen again! *whispers to the Weather Gods....soon please*

scan0002_zps9bc18a1d.jpgscan0004_zpsafdb13d7.jpgscan0003_zpsfb8da288.jpgscan0001_zps82ac6cdb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Ok here is my updated snow risk map for Kent, based on this morning outputs, knowledgable posters in the forum and meto updates, zones have stayed the same currently but Northern Areas of Kent may join Western area zone later today,

2mrb961.png

2cm Thanks your to kind i will treasure each cm like its gold..

Posted

Why still do the met office want to start with as the weather breaks down

Don't like that bit

I too thought that to be a little confusing. Not quite sure what they mean by that.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Thundery convection starting to take place in the north sea! Need that lot to come into the south east ;)

Posted

I might have driven passed your house the other day when i was taking my cat to the vet surgery in walderslade. lol. I live 5-10 mins away in chatham smile.png

I was at the vet in Walderslade with my dog the other day too good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

2cm Thanks your to kind i will treasure each cm like its gold..

If the upgrades keep showing then your total will go up slightly lol but not worth getting excited about potentially 4inches + yet tease.gif

Posted

Ok Option 3 is our Nirvana and by the sounds of what GP Is saying we could be in with a shot, now I am not saying anything like '47 with the following it's just Late January 1947 had a lot of undercutting Lows with a Strong Scandi High that year and it is this type of scenario we could see unfold weekend and into next week if all goes to plan.

Starting with the 19th Jan 1947 we see a Scandi High that had been setting up for quite a few days and an area of LP about to move towards the west of Ireland, not too dissimilar from Friday for instance, in the following sequences this is WHAT we want to evolve next week and what GP Might be hinting at.

post-24-0-60184400-1358338758_thumb.gif - HP To our NE - Incoming LP Against the Block

post-24-0-32149900-1358338858_thumb.gif - LP Fighting the Block but the Cold too strong and is deflecting it South and SE

post-24-0-47486900-1358338904_thumb.gif - Well it is not going NE So it has to go along under the Block dragging in that Easterly

post-24-0-45094300-1358338962_thumb.gif - HP Re-Asserts Itself and a new LP Getting ready to start round 2

post-24-0-88441400-1358339022_thumb.gif - LP Getting ready to attack with HP Flexing His Muscles over Scandi

post-24-0-03487200-1358339064_thumb.gif - HP Simply too strong looks like another Undercut!

post-24-0-30559000-1358339100_thumb.gif - Fabled Channel Low with the Block standing Firm!

post-24-0-75560500-1358339149_thumb.gif - Notice the New area of LP Off New Foundland - That is Round 3

post-24-0-32584100-1358339198_thumb.gif - Surely this time but no the LP Is getting forced South and East again!

post-24-0-82411000-1358339267_thumb.gif - Right Old Battle Royale going on here But HP Wins out for the 11-13th Again!

post-24-0-23273400-1358339317_thumb.gif - Next LP Coming, Gunna have you this time Scandi High!

post-24-0-91260100-1358339359_thumb.gif - Scandi High flexes its muscles and look like another undercut!

post-24-0-57038800-1358339400_thumb.gif - So where does it go straight under the block again and into Europe.

post-24-0-75068600-1358339451_thumb.gif - ANother Losing LP - Lol

I think aftert this little battle the next LP Won and that was that but it just goes to show how hard it is when a block of cold air is in the right place and lets hope for this scenario next 4-7 days as if it does as GP Says it could be a long spell of weather coming up

Cheers

Paul S

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted

ooooh its hard not to get excited now. Wouldn't it be amazing to see some scenes like this.... some family pics of Feb 1979. 3 years before I was born but I remember some good snowfalls in the 80s where we were snowed in and all of the family sleeping downstairs huddled together infront of the fire as our house had no heating apart from the open fires. Awww we can live in hope that someday it will happen again! *whispers to the Weather Gods....soon please*

Great pics there Tilly, thanks for sharing - who needs instagram eh!

Posted

ooooh its hard not to get excited now.

I know what you mean :winky:

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Thundery convection starting to take place in the north sea! Need that lot to come into the south east tease.gif

They look guite beefy ,just wish my temp would drop by a degree

Posted

I honestly reckon we will enter the Orange Zone of that warning by the end of today actually, purely because they will be worried about the impact in London.

We still need few things to go our way to get decent snowfall out of this event but I'm confident of 5+cms quite widely, maybe 2cm on the far East Coast of Kent.

Surely the impact on London will be relatively minimal because it's falling at the weekend?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Surely the impact on London will be relatively minimal because it's falling at the weekend?

In terms of workers yes but would still think they would be worried about Sporting events, events in general and Tourists? Although I would of thought most sporting events would be cancelled by that point tbh.

Add to that the Airports like Heathrow.

London is the link to many places here and across Europe therefore weekends are still generally very busy indeed.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Why do the Meto keep mentioning breakdown and rain, such party poopers :-(

The 5 day for South London currently shows light snow from Fri to Sun for London but am sure that will change every few hours.

Posted

Isn't it still quite busy though? And some people do still work on Saturdays...well it's not a surprise, snow always impacts London ha.

Guess I won't be getting my package this week then...(If this snow does pan out)

Posted

Still the capital city and Friday into Saturday

Posted

Hate to be a party pooper.. But they might miss Kent travel along the channel a bit and effect the south coast 0.0

Like we are going to worry about that what with all the weekend has on offer - this isn't even hors d'oeuvres to what could be served Friday night!

cross+section.jpg