Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 16th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Met office app states temps for Reigate of 1, 1 , 0, 0, 2

Light snow Friday and Saturday and more snow Sunday night with a top temp of -1!

All subject to change but will please us snow maniacs!

Posted

All subject to change but will please us snow maniacs!

clapping.gif

Posted

v.v. light snow in Greenhithe drizzle strength

Posted

Exactly my point

I would much prefer the cold to stay than have a snow to rain weekend

But as Steve said its looking good at the moment from this mornings runs

So not as worried now

12 z gonna be exciting

Certainly the BBC has upgraded this morning to an all snow event, sweet spot nationally appears to be north midlands. But an all snow event for our region (it appeared). Carol Kirkwood: "we are pretty sure that this will happen just uncertain about timings". Hopefully it won't arrive until after dusk here in the SE corner.

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

If the snow does make it to us in east Sussex on Friday / Saturday , will it be too mild by Sunday to make snowballs ? or would the Atlantic leave us alone ?

Guest bjaykent

With that low coming... It looks like an attack from the east too??

Greenland spawning laws out like there is now tomorrow on the models rofl.gifrofl.gif

I have always asked my self... Why do we rely on computers to forecast our weather? You wanted want one driving you about.. LOL

The legal system in Greenland is definitely off topic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Here is our Snowflake effort this morning. They were really v.tiny so hard to get a pic. I'd love to see some really funky shaped ones!!P1090120_zps982e4223.jpg

Posted

Certainly the BBC has upgraded this morning to an all snow event, sweet spot nationally appears to be north midlands. But an all snow event for our region (it appeared). Carol Kirkwood: "we are pretty sure that this will happen just uncertain about timings". Hopefully it won't arrive until after dusk here in the SE corner.

Are you referring to Sunday because at the moment, it is due to fall overnight...

I think anything that falls in this region* will be snow on Friday and Saturday.

* Please note that this may not be applicable to the following areas:

Essex, London, Surrey, West Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, other areas in the south east! :-p

This was written in 2010 I think.. But damn.. He was close 0.0

January 2013 -some suggested weather scenarios for the UK……On June 11th 2008 I made a very specific prediction, an extract from this prediction - (19) There will be steady (at first) rise in Global weather phenomena such as heat- waves, hurricanes, gales, storms, heavy-snow fall (especially around 2013) – various copies of my June 11th 2008 predictions were handed out to various local people at the time and were read and then signed by the same people; it was the winters of 2012 /2013 and 2013 / 2014 that I was referring to at the time in 2008, (more on the winter of 2013/ 2014 later)…………………Generally, January 2013 & January 2014 both have the potential for becoming the coldest and snowiest Januarys in living memory, and very likely for several hundred years at least…although I expect January 2013 to be exceptionally cold throughout, the very coldest period will probably start around the 10th then continue through to the 31st…the heaviest snow-fall should be expected as from the 5th to around the 15th…the windiest period will probably start around the 10thand continue through to months end, with the strongest winds more likely near the 10th & the 18th…the north-easterly to southerly latitudes of the UK will probably see the heaviest snow-fall from the 5th to the 15thwith the westerly to northerly areas of the UK probably seeing the worst snow conditions from around the 15th to the 23rd, then the north-westerly to north-easterly areas from around the 23rd through to months end…dryer and cold conditions are more likely to occur from the 1st to around the 5th….blizzard conditions are more likely from around the 10th to around the 21st, with the mid to southerly areas of the UK more likely to see the worst blizzard conditions in this time frame.

Edited by Surrey

The ECM Mean charts are possible the best set since the internet interms of sustaining cold out to day ( with the exception of dec 2010 )

remember bitter cold to 48 anyway- then

EDM1-72.GIF?16-12 SNOW

EDM1-96.GIF?16-12 SNOW

EDM1-120.GIF?16-12 SNOW ( slightly milder to the SW of region)

EDM1-144.GIF?16-12 SLEET & SNOW

EDM1-168.GIF?16-12 SLEET TURNING BACK TO SNOW

EDM1-192.GIF?16-12 BITTER WITH SNOW FLURRIES

EDM1-216.GIF?16-12 FROZEN RIVERS

EDM1-240.GIF?16-12 FROZEN LAKES

ok so it wont be that bad- but the MEAN is furtehr SW than the OP- so if we stay in the continental air & get some slack flows-

just like norfolk last night we will get some VERY low temps-

of course it could go jordans bresticus & the fronts push through to the channel- that would be a shame...

Debilt 15 day- a drop down from yesterday

http://www.knmi.nl/exp/pluim/vijftiendaagse/index.html

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Slightly foggy here and car thermometer says it's -2c...

Posted

Here is our Snowflake effort this morning. They were really v.tiny so hard to get a pic. I'd love to see some really funky shaped ones!!

Great photo Tilly, send it into BBC South East Today!

Posted

Are you referring to Sunday because at the moment, it is due to fall overnight...

I think anything that falls in this region* will be snow on Friday and Saturday.

* Please note that this may not be applicable to the following areas:

Essex, London, Surrey, West Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, other areas in the south east! :-p

Hi GP - no she was talking about Friday --- she wasn't sure when it would arrive, but seemed pretty confident it *would* arrive.