Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 06z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I may be bias but im thinking NE wilts is in prime location, little movement east or west should still look good for this area...

Well, I'm definitely biased, and your thinking is out....by about 10 miles....Lyneham's the sweetspot....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Someone on the mod thread said the latest nae is poor, oh hang on, they live in the east ;) lol

C'mon you gfs, show the same westerly shift.

It's a good NAE run for all except Devon & Cornwall. Up until midday Friday, all snow.

MOD thread. Bah! This thread is better!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Blimey!

13011806_1612.gif

13011812_1612.gif

Edited by Beasterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Where are we currently and what can we expect in the following 36 hours.

Yes, there will be many different scenarios dished out by the various model suites right out to Friday morning.

Yes, some folk may well be disappointed by looking at such output at face value, when speaking from their IMBY perspective.

Yes, some others will be at the point of wetting their pants, over the various charts on offer, right out to Friday morning.

Assuming folk want snow, will there be some in the coming days, yes.

Take your positions and strap yourself in, ready for the afternoon session of the latest model drama.

Let me hear you say, do you want snow.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

It's a good NAE run for all except Devon & Cornwall. Up until midday Friday, all snow.

Does it die off for devon and cornwall?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

When it starts raining here, i'll let you guys up the road know the blizzards coming.cray.gifcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Sorry gottolovethisweather!

On a more serious note, currently 0.9c and very, very foggy!

No problem. Just trying to gain control over you lot, it is never easy being me, you know. crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Yes your right I should stick in this thread, seems there's alot of easterly bias in there at the moment.

Posted

cant wait for the next NAE to see if it stalls it over the SW and continues to drag down nw to se, or whether it moves the front through quickly....

Still 5-15cm from the nae isnt bad...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

cant wait for the next NAE to see if it stalls it over the SW and continues to drag down nw to se, or whether it moves the front through quickly....

Still 5-15cm from the nae isnt bad...

only 15cm?!...DOWNGRADE!....DOWNGRADE! fool.gifmega_shok.gifw00t.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

48 hour NAE frame;

post-12721-0-37770600-1358350258_thumb.j

All snow so far Somerset northwards, with 2/3rds of the front passed through. Only small bit left to pass through to the west, snowlike currently Devon/Somerset border.

I'd punt that the next frame would show an all snow event from middle of Somerset northwards and eastwards.

Posted

even at T12 colder uppers slightly further west on GFS...

Posted

post-18883-0-06709000-1358350386_thumb.g

That tiny little pixel in the far bottom corner is Princetown good.gif

Anyway, enough of IMBY for me.... I really hope we all get something in the southwest because we all deserve it after months of mild misery.

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

where is that little blue spot in the middle of the deep pink, Nailsea way? Whoever is there might feel a bit cheated! LoL!

This one is a real nail biter for S Dorset , yesterday the A35 between Dorchester and Bridport was severely held up with a dash of snow and ice - and that wasn't even on the forecast. Perhaps Highways were saving the salt for tomoprrow night.

Itt will be Interesting to watch the radar from tomorrow afternoon onwards

Posted

GFS looking better step in the right direction so far this evening.

:good:

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Live in West Oxfordshire so not quite cotswolds but near! Hope to see a good dumping from this. Had 6cm the other day so cant comlain so far. From a purely selfish point of view would like a slight shift east which may happen over next 24 hrs. Good news is the majority of people will do well out of this.

First post by the way so hello to everyone. Any other Oxfordshire folk on here?

Cheers

Hi Birdman and welcome.

I'm from Oxfordshire, grew up about 6 miles from you, moved around a bit as an adult, up to North Yorkshire and back down again until I landed up in Somerset. No idea how old you are but if you're anywhere near as old as me, you'll remember the 81-82 winter up there - I'm keeping everything crossed for a repeat this weekend.

Quick question.... do they still put the snow fences up on the Oxford to Banbury road? I remember as a kid they used to go up every year at the start of winter as there was always a period where it could be expected to drift across there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

For those posters who are getting worried about the possibility of rain rather than snow ,look at past history, as your area had significant snow in the past .well let me say all indications are pointing to a classic come late tomorrow .there will be places probably that get a feed direct off the sea not seeing as much as inland .at this range i think the met are on the ball with this one ,and tomorrow will be a lot better day for updates .enjoy it if all goes to plan but dont forget to watch it unfold not just on computer but in the raw ;whoooops with clothes on as frost bite could get you .watch the sky change ,ring around the moon ,the wind picking up ,perhaps that slight rise of temperature and those first snow flakes which have magically been engineered from a complicated process ,first off a nuclei is needed i e ,small bits of soil dust or volcanic particles sea salt or remains of meteors etc .the rest is engineered by mother nature in the clouds with moisture and temperatures .i will stop now as i would have to get technical and grey matter these days not so good ,anyhow enjoy the coming days .just as an interest the term blizzard was officially employed the first time in the UK to describe the snow event of 27th feb /ist of march 1937 .off to catch GFS ,drinks.gif

Posted

South west enough for Devon and Cornwall broder????

Hmmm... Looking better but not sure.

Anyone else got any thoughts?