Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 17th Januray 2013, 12z Onwards

Brad lough

Posted

OK i am concerned about the temps still being seen here, Still 5.1oc, Could be the biggest come down ever at this rate!!

Winds have turned slightly more south east, Check this link if you live near Poole http://www.pooleharbourweather.com/weather/

Edited by Rapodo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

gottolovethisweather... what is it doing in newbury now? I'm not too far from you so i am always curious to see what is hitting you as, often, we get it soon after.

AT 0.4c (hasn't budged much for hours), DP -0.3c, Easterly winds 1mph 10 minute average, cm or so covering on grass and car roofs, BLOOD PRESSURE 96F.

Not all these readings are calibrated by Davis Instruments. acute.gif

Time for a drink, preferably alcoholic. drunk.gif

Posted

Strong signal for snow inland on IOW in UKMO UKV & UK4 modelling. Basically, increasingly marginal for coastal snow as you head further W towards Portland, Lyme Bay etc and less marginal as you head further E where sea track reduces and thus degree of boundary layer modification from continental feed. Uplands of Dorset show 5-10cm widely early AM before gradual thaw, at least at lower levels, here, Devon & Somerset through Fri afternoon. Hope this helps clarify!

Thanks for the post :) but no thanks to the detail!! Don't want any sort of thaw thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, wind. Hot summer days.

Light snow here in Trow :D 1.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Thunderstorms and Heatwaves

Temperature starting to

drop! good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Do you think they'll get snow up sheepstor or around burator? or is that a bit low?

Should think so sheepstor is 350 m asl so you would hope they get it there. Leather Tor opposite is higher still. MInd you if its obviously white out there Plymouth will decamp to the moors so get there early!

Posted

must be the rain ):

I think there must be something wrong with that station! Still light snow here over the other side of Butser and feels very cold out. There can't possibly be a 9-10 degree temp difference!

Yes there is a problem with my station, nearly at 14c right now, going to pop outside to check it in a second.

post-9530-0-57258100-1358456693_thumb.jp

Who can spot my station?!

SM

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

Strong signal for snow inland on IOW in UKMO UKV & UK4 modelling. Basically, increasingly marginal for coastal snow as you head further W towards Portland, Lyme Bay etc and less marginal as you head further E where sea track reduces and thus degree of boundary layer modification from continental feed. Uplands of Dorset show 5-10cm widely early AM before gradual thaw, at least at lower levels, here, Devon & Somerset through Fri afternoon. Hope this helps clarify!

thanks Ian - I would assume that Portsmouth might just be in with a shout in that case if IOW are due some

Posted

Exactly the points I have been making over the past 24-36 hours or so, even quoting the Dec 81 event.

Sorry Uncle Barty, I haven't been back to look at earlier posts.

Posted

Light snow here in Trow biggrin.png 1.2c

I can almost confirm this :) although rockhopper must be standing on a chair for elevation as I would call it snizzle © poster on here earlier..

Posted

Yes definatally my station, nearly at 14c right now, going to pop outside to check it in a second.

SM

Is it on fire?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Should think so sheepstor is 350 m asl so you would hope they get it there. Leather Tor opposite is higher still. MInd you if its obviously white out there Plymouth will decamp to the moors so get there early!

True that! Have to drag the g/f out of bed by her ankles!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I think I am suffering from snow fatigue and it's not even here yet, Can anyone give me a forecast for Glastonbury festival please? biggrin.png

Torrential rain and flooding. Just the usual fare for Glasto biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

thanks Ian - I would assume that Portsmouth might just be in with a shout in that case if IOW are due some

you will be fine in pompey mate. :-) pup

Posted

OK i am concerned about the temps still being seen here, Still 5.1oc, Could be the biggest come down ever at this rate!!

Winds have turned slightly more south east, Check this link if you live near Poole http://www.pooleharb...er.com/weather/

And mine, see signature

I think I am suffering from snow fatigue and it's not even here yet, Can anyone give me a forecast for Glastonbury festival please? biggrin.png

A mud bath as usual. rofl.gif

Forecasting Glastonbury should be a piece of cake after this.

Posted

The reason we all need the temps to drop is because i believe the band of ppn that is infront of the main band will progress inland quicker than expected; Therefore we all want this to be snow and not rain before the main band 'properly' drops the temps...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Yes there is a problem with my station, nearly at 14c right now, going to pop outside to check it in a second.

SM

Please tell me it's in Poole........