Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 18th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

2cms here in Shoreham. Mostly light snow but in the last 5 minutes it's got darker and a bit heavier, nice big flakes too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Is there anyone in the Bexley area that could kindly provide me with a report please. I work in the City and I need to make a judgement call on whether to leave now and work at home for the rest of the day. Thanking you in advance.

If you have that luxury to be able to slide away home and work from home do it, I wouldnt risk getting caught out.

Posted

Back to the light crispy snow here again, was heavy for a while 20mins or so ago for 10mins, radar does suggest the heavier band could clip us in an hour or so - seems to be pretty slow moving. Probably 1-2cm under foot, but hard to judge from my window as the grit and heat near the building is stopping the snow falling there.

can confirm about 2-3cm at mo here.. just popped down shops.. catford at standstill.. with horns beeping.. sounded like new york city more then catford.

Posted

Been fairly light flakes for about 90 mins here in Coulsdon, Surrey (on the north downs) but has pepped up a bit now. about 1.5cms at present but temp constant all morning at -2.3c

Is there anyone in the Bexley area that could kindly provide me with a report please. I work in the City and I need to make a judgement call on whether to leave now and work at home for the rest of the day. Thanking you in advance.

I'm nearby. Not much at all right now. Looking on the radar just about everywhere else has had more including central London. Not sure how long that will last with some orange bands moving west.

Posted

Flakes getting bigger and snow heavier, nice as it needs to. Its been steady all morning but not the snow I'm expecting, looking a bit more like it now. Persihingly cold though, feeling colder as morning as got on

BFTP

Are you at home today? It's certainly pepped up here in Reigate over the last 30 mins!

Posted

Think I got back home just about in time to beat the madness that's coming. Roads are starting to whiten up and BBC Sussex reporting more accidents and road closures across the county.. Getting thicker here now, I reckon I must have just beaten the front on my SE journey!

Posted

Can you imagine if it splits fully soon and one bit goes SE out into Channel and the Over NE and here in the SE we all miss out rofl.gifaggressive.gif

I wouldn't speak too soon KB!!

Posted

Can you imagine if it splits fully soon and one bit goes SE out into Channel and the Over NE and here in the SE we all miss out rofl.gifaggressive.gif

would def say get home!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

This snow is so dry and fine it is sifting into the ridges and cracks in the road and against the kerb, and not settling on harder surfaces like car/house roofs etcsmile.png

Posted

In Dartford, conditions not to bad at moment guess about 2/3mm traffic moving but looks like heavier snow is just crossing the western parts of the M25 so if it reaches us, then conditions might get worse. Hope that helps.

Posted

it looks like the one way system in Reigate is starting to jam...

This is no time to start playing 12-bar blues, damnit! There is a weather emergency on!

AS

Posted

So here's the timing for today courtesy of Sat Rep:

LOC_20130118_0900.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

So who's heading to the kitchen to knock up some Soup clapping.gif

This is like waiting for a flight that's already been delayed 12hrs but you can see the plane sitting on the tarmac rofl.gif

Posted

Really hammering down now. I think we are going to do well here in East Sussex and West Kent because the winds are now swinging Southerly and pushing what's out in the channel towards us too. Radar clearly showing that stuff slightly swinging our way - with deep echos!

Edited by Joker

Posted

Snow stopped here. As i sit here and look at the radar i can almost convince myself i will not have snow I know the majority of SE is getting it and in good amounts but so far i have had an icing sugar coating which has not even turned the ground white lol maybe i will be lucky and be spared the snow as i have to travel to Cheltenham on Sunday.