Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

NAE looking simply fantastic for inland areas of Yorkshire!

13012118_2_1918.gif

North Lincs looks a safe bet too, drier further south though.

Snap @ Mark!

Edited by Aaron

Posted

At least the dew points are getting colder!! What do you think we will get tomorrow evening/night? I am hopeful for at least an inch or 2, just hope we stay right side of marginal

I'm pretty confident of seeing snow later tomorrow, but not sure how much,but i'll be happy to just get another little top up in what has been a very good week for cold and snow in this neck of the woods.

Posted

I'm pretty confident of seeing snow later tomorrow, but not sure how much,but i'll be happy to just get another little top up in what has been a very good week for cold and snow in this neck of the woods.

Agree, I would be happy with the same as yesterday :) just a top up would be fine for me!

Posted

I shouldn't really complain when I 've had a decent covering of snow for nearly a week now I just hate it when it melts (its the child in me lol). Really hope we can keep most of our coverage before tomorrows snow hits. Going by the charts posted above we could do quite well.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Its been really quiet on here today, yet the weather hasnt done much, and with tomorrow coming thought alot of people would be discussing it?

We've all been out panic buying, emptying the supermarkets.

Just starting to snow now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

4 mile north of u sunny scunny -1.5c pretty constant all day.. its all that concrete lol,,,

Some people get worried when they see snow thawing on pavements and roofs but you have to remember, pavements get spray from traffic on roads which contains salt and snow thawing on roofs is caused by heat rising through property.

Ps just started Snowing. :)

Edited by Bradowl

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Some people get worried when see snow thawing on pavements and roofs but you have to remember, pavements get spray from traffic on roads which contains salt and snow thawing on roofs is caused by heat rising through property.

Plus pollution which lowers the melting point. There's a slow thaw going on here well away from the road but it's below freezing.

One of the last great winters 81/82 despite temperatures of -4C there was a sudden thaw and you could see the snow level drop grass that wasn't visible suddenly appeared next day despite slightly higher temps not a drop of melt water. One year I can't remember which freezing fog all week but in the middle it the air suddenly smelt foul and everywhere was dripping water. i checked the temps still -1C next day same temp everything froze over the smell had gone as well but it was rather slippy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

We've all been out panic buying, emptying the supermarkets.

Just starting to snow now.

Why? Is there a nuclear war coming or can't you simply walk to the shop if need be?? Stupid behaviour one day they'll be a real crisis and god help you when that hits.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Why? Is there a nuclear war coming or can't you simply walk to the shop if need be?? Stupid behaviour one day they'll be a real crisis and god help you when that hits.

Lol I think his post may have been somewhat sarcastic?!

Showers really pepping up now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Took the kids on their new sledge today they loved it. I decided to have a go n the ruddy sledge broke on me. GRR got two angry kids and two sore cheeks

We have a couple of wooden ones we bought from Germany years ago. They are brill on Beverley Westwood and the kids have been out on them all day.

They are almost exactly like this one.

Posted

Sarcasm is clearly lost on you. He couldn't of made it much clearer that he was just commenting in jest, lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Ha, Calm down, it was a joke mate, taking the mick out of the moron zombies doing as their tv tells them.

i've been sledging and enjoying the snow taking pics, not to a sodding supermarket.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Snowing here now, quite heavy too: I heard it on the window!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Quite a bit of convection starting to move inland. Anyone know if this is due to develop further through the night?

Not producing anything @ scunny north lincs although I've not looked out the window for a bit

Posted

Sarcasm is clearly lost on you. He couldn't of made it much clearer that he was just commenting in jest, lol.

good.gif I thought about this happening when i read it back before posting so i added the emptying supermarkets at the end to make it obvious, so i thought. I failed. lol

Posted

Quite a bit of convection starting to move inland. Anyone know if this is due to develop further through the night?

Convection is expected to die down as we move into the early hours of the morning - definitely worth keeping an eye on that radar, though!

Posted

Ha, biggest flakes of this cold spell yet! Very very few tho.

Temp minus 1.9 c

No thaw , not even on our road here at 300+ft today.

Posted

13012100_1918.gif

13012103_1918.gif

13012106_1918.gif

13012109_1918.gif

13012112_1918.gif

13012115_1918.gif

Hours upon hours of heavy snow for some. The signal is consistent. It appears it stalls a bit over Yorks especially.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

13012100_1918.gif

13012103_1918.gif

13012106_1918.gif

13012109_1918.gif

13012112_1918.gif

13012115_1918.gif

Hours upon hours of heavy snow for some.

I think the NE have had enough snow lol they moan they dont like it lol so lets have it inland for south yorkshire where its appreciated!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Where has this appeared from on the latest NAE for tomorrow morning?

13012012_1918.gif

Looks interesting for Pennine areas ahead of the main 'event' tomorrow night?

Posted

GFS is similar to NAE with heavy snow for a fair few hours for everyone and it slows down over this part of the word. Rain confined to the immediate coastline.

Posted

I think the NE have had enough snow lol they moan they dont like it lol so lets have it inland for south yorkshire where its appreciated!! smile.png

If you look at the first chart you'll see a small green patch with 0 on it in the middle of all the blue. That must be where Adamlufc lives.