Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

PPN really picking up around the Thames Estuary

Edited by Wikki

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nul points.

NW forecast tells me it's been snowing since 3pm though, so who am I to argue.acute.gif

Posted

I'm going to put it out there and say snow day tomorrow for the local schools. If this does carry on till the early hours there will be no fear of me taking mine lol!

Posted

I'm going to put it out there and say snow day tomorrow for the local schools. If this does carry on till the early hours there will be no fear of me taking mine lol!

Not that far from you and if it carries on like it has been then there will be no risk of my local schools closing . . but will continue to hope for at least a covering

Posted

Not that far from you and if it carries on like it has been then there will be no risk of my local schools closing . . but will continue to hope for at least a covering

I'm in Emneth, looked like it was getting going 30 mins ago, eased off now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

This whole system has been pivoting in the same area all afternoon. Whilst Peterborough has seen non stop snow for 4-5 hours now, just 15 miles up the road has had absolutely nothing! Very peculiar indeed.

I think it has grinded to a halt and this system has not gone to plan at all ! Some areas could exceed their expected totals, whilst others could be bitterly disappointed I reckon.

Posted

That's the attitude. What did an education ever do for anyone?

Edited by Gary_R_Walker

Posted

Was getting concerned for the west of the region at how far east the western edge of the snow was receeding. With the western edge having gone from Swindon to Oxford, I thought it might keep receeding, but in the last half an hour, if anything, it has moved west slightly, which is a good sign. Snow still going strong here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Well..for the first time since around 8am it looks like it's easing up a bit here. Certainly appear to have been one of the lucky ones in this wintry spell. Drove upto have lunch at Epping Green and it wasn't too bad, but then was getting a bit Narnia like coming back.

i wonder how many who got along to the Spurs game will claim they can't make it in to work tomorrow! A couple of goals for Spurs now, without response, will make this a very satisfactory day!

Posted

I hope so MrsF, I don't fancy sixth form tomorrow. Could do with another day to revise for exams/roll around in the snow :)

Posted

This whole system has been pivoting in the same area all afternoon. Whilst Peterborough has seen non stop snow for 4-5 hours now, just 15 miles up the road has had absolutely nothing! Very peculiar indeed.

I think it has grinded to a halt and this system has not gone to plan at all ! Some areas could exceed their expected totals, whilst others could be bitterly disappointed I reckon.

here in bourne the light stuff has finally started falling.....expected it hours and hours ago but have been on the edge all day....i guess we're in the disappointed category.

Posted

In prime location here, but been snowing since about 2, snow grains so small you can't even see them, must have half a cm. So how is it everywhere else is talking of 5cm+ etc as the radar has the same colours for most people as it does over mid north suffolk? Surely not another non even for here yet again??

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Looking at the radar, things are going to go for a bit yet, adn there are still some heavier bits around including in the Thames estuary. Hard to see the direction of travel on them though. There is some real stuff coming into the N Sea from the Dutch coast. Will it hit EA - of course not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Seems to be some even heavier stuff just off the coast, is that going to be a direct hit for Norfolk or is it on its way past us into the North East?

Posted

That's the attitude. What did an education ever do for anyone?

It's only because I have to drive them there. 2010school didn't close until people got to the gates. Not going to fall for that again ;)

Posted

It's Going to how it was forecast

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/20/basis12/nweu/prec/13012018_2012.gif thats for 6pm

Will clear north slowly through the rest of the evening http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/01/20/basis12/nweu/prec/13012021_2012.gif