Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Dont!....

Oh Go On!!!!

IT WILL BE GONE WITHIN A FEW HOURS

clapping.gifclapping.gifsmiliz19.gifsmiliz34.gifspiteful.gifspiteful.gifgirl_devil.gif

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted

Not quite,

The NMM was equally as accurate, if not more accurate I found, the NMM was the first to back away from a snow event on the first Saturday of the cold spell, the NAE stuck with the snow signal for a few more runs

Overall the NAE has been far more accurate for precip type, where the NMM has been forecasting rain/sleet, it nearly always has snowed instead, at least away from the coast.

Posted

The only model that nailed last nights boundary and showed it as snow was the NAE As well (As I was reliably informed by Mr Knightley of Meteogroup) last night on facebook, GFS Had a mare as did the NMM.

Posted

Sadly Im inclined to agree with you. The same broken records being played over and over again ad nauseam makes for some very monotonous reading just lately. Oh no it won't, oh yes it will.....Oh no it doesnt'.......oh yes it does.......Zzzzzz..........Which reminds me, when does the pantomime season end ? I may pop back in then, or more to the point, when I have something worth saying.

Try and enjoy it, whatever the weather.

BB

Hi BB

I agree, it's like the end of a big night out (can just about remember those) when someone is saying 'aaah, come on guys let's go for another one, it'll be great, epic, I know the bar shuts in an hour but let's go for it until then!' and you fall for it and end up an hour and one minute later outside a dodgy (soggy) kebab shop with the thrill long gone and just a lingering taste of already stale chilli sauce.

But enough of my past - hey, despite some of us having had some decent wintry weather over the last week, it might snow for a moment!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

It would be nice to see some flakes tomorrow, shame it will be gone within a few hours

Cough!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Hmmm looks like the baby steps for a streamer?

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/maps?bg=0

Wont match yesterdays though that was a good one!

Edited by SN0WM4N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The GFS has far heavier ppn for the South of the UK on Friday evening in the latest run... With indications that temps might be a tad lower than those in the 12z.

It's still open as to where the line will be, but looking better for a few hours of snow.

(EDIT: Still a 3ºc discrepancy in max high/low temps while dewpoints still look to be too high for widespread snow)

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

aha so thats what the moon looks like!

Crystal Clear skies here now with a lovely moon directly overhead, thats much better than this depressing cloud we have had for 6 days!

Posted

aha so thats what the moon looks like!

Crystal Clear skies here now with a lovely moon directly overhead, thats much better than this depressing cloud we have had for 6 days!

Was just about to post the same. Was a nice view whilst having a smoke!

Should have a nice frost at last!

Am I right in thinking that there is still some confusion to whether the current cold spell is actually coming to an end?

No confusion.

It ends on Saturday.

Whether that is via snow, sleet or rain is up for debate.

Posted

Hi I thought I was on the wrong forum....don't want to see this one end up like the model one,almost everyone has had some snow,some more than others lol .Winters not over and I am sure some of us will see some more.People from other areas visit this one and comment on how friendly and light hearted it is so why have some people lost it? A will it won't it event that will end up turning to rain soon.Relax and be happy if you get something ,and if you don't just start reading about what may be coming next month.

Here's to our next major snow event....whenever it comes.....

Posted

Latest observations:

Temp:+1.7c

DP: -2.2c

hPa: 1026.6, rising slowly

RH: 76%

Diet: no observations today

Relative age: 16

Feels like: 14 (it's so unfair)

Unexpected moments of sounding like the love child of Victor Meldrew and Basil Fawlty: 4

Incidence of making an unecessary noise when bending down: 3

Taking glasses off to read small print: 8

These modern weather stations are brilliant albeit worryingly accurate.....

AS

Why is it this thread has suddenly had a break down like the weather? So we got some milder weather coming.. Yeh? It's the norm! It will be interesting none the less! I for one am looking foward to a milder bit of weather and sun! Will be nice, then hopefully we can get a reload! But a lot of people are forgetting how much this cost us in a cold spell for heating, hot water ETC! Not forgetting the cost to our economy and the threat to the very young and elderly! Lets all be nice this is not a rant just an opinion, but some serious caravaning going on :) enjoy what comes and lets look foward to a warm and sunny summer (lol) and some thunderstorms ;)

Posted

Hi I thought I was on the wrong forum....don't want to see this one end up like the model one,almost everyone has had some snow,some more than others lol .Winters not over and I am sure some of us will see some more.People from other areas visit this one and comment on how friendly and light hearted it is so why have some people lost it? A will it won't it event that will end up turning to rain soon.Relax and be happy if you get something ,and if you don't just start reading about what may be coming next month.

V well said, thanks BP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

This particular spell is almost át its end. With át best a minor shot of colsish here and there.As it stands imo,there are far to many(those with credance &knowledge),whom write off the rest of winter far to prematurely.although signals are at present mediocre,hessition must be applied......febuary could be what most could only imagine...but lets see what unfolds.

Posted

hi mate

agree and i like this thread as well

lets keep it cheerful

right

wheres my ramp charts rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

i have an intrerview tomorrow so i am going to something i will not say

very often

snow keep away blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Stop being so positive, you're clearly trying to antagonise people!

Excellent post!