Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Sorry for being pessimistic but I really can't see any excitement with April showers and wet ground.

The main snowfall chance is going to come from around 4-5pm onwards, with sunset coinciding with the coldest uppers moving in. Temperatures are already dropping off to the west and it's now down to 2C on Stornoway with DP -2C, so as far as I'm concerned it's all going to plan so far.

Sorry for being pessimistic but I really can't see any excitement with April showers and wet ground.

That is the high school getting in touch with parents. All pupils who travel via bus/taxi to and from Crieff High school have been sent home due to the deterioration in the weather.

My wife has rang from work to say that patient travelling from Stirling has cancelled her appointment when on route to say that the weather is far to bad for her to continue her journey.

At the moment I am looking at a blue sky and light winds !!

Brief wintry flurry in Hamilton, blue skies otherwise.

Interestingly, no - one in my work seems to have any faith in the Met Office warnings any more.

Also possibly of note - neither does my employer, who ordinarily in these circumstances would email everyone with some reminders about bad weather poilicies etc.

Edited by Dave3

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yeh we will see it's 3pm and nothing sticking so far. Brief Blizzard in Glasgow 10 minutes then back to wet.

Posted

Some very hefty snow showers passing through the doon valley, pretty gusty too, lost a few roof tiles, and so have the neighbours.

Posted

Sun is out, Sky is Blue... [cue song]

Mountain shower shield is well intact, what little whiteness that had lain this morning has well gone.. temp 3.2*c but prone to wild swings today as blusters come through... and DP has dropped to -1.7*C the low of the day so far, - so I have faith that things are now well ready for when the low starts moving and the shield breaks ... which it will -- #positivethinking

Posted

Some very heavy showers been through for a while, rain, sleet, hail, snaw then clear. Everywhere very wet so going to take something exceptional to get it to lie later, but we live in hope.

Posted

Just drove home in what I'd call a blizzard( I am known for exaggerating though :p ) I'm not an experienced driver so the fact that my driver side window was covered in snow freaked me out a little. Amazing the amount of people who didn't have their lights on!!!! Temp down to 1.7 and dp 0.2.

Edited by Snowlover2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Yes...falling temps and dews now. Really quite coarse outside and feeling bitter.

Posted

Reading some of the comments here on not expecting lying snow. I'm taking the opposite view - I'm expecting some severe weather tonight. It's been a while since I've had a strong westerly with everything in place for snow. Tonight will be severe for many.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Temps are starting to fall away now and I agree with Blitzen is pretty nippy out! Seen rain, sleet and snow here today (though earlier it was certainly way too wet to settle). Now it is dry, and fairly clear.

My folks in Kingussie have reported snow falling and accumulating there today.

Posted

Reading some of the comments here on not expecting lying snow. I'm taking the opposite view - I'm expecting some severe weather tonight. It's been a while since I've had a strong westerly with everything in place for snow. Tonight will be severe for many.

I hope you are right. But too many disappointments this winter have made me not trust the reports. The temperatures have to rise after 9am tomorrow for a 12 hour period while the wind swings round to the North. so it will be snow tonight then rain tomorrow. Edited by November13

Posted

Just in from the garden.

Excellent sunbathing weather just now. Managed to cram 10minutes of sun worshipping in before the next wave of sleet/rain/snow/hail/bullets/mortars came thundering through

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Finally starting to lie at soutra A68. That last shower really laid it down.

Gonna be a fun drive home!

post-9421-0-61695200-1359993887_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Jeez Oh! It is so telephone boxin cauld! Snow trying hard to....er.....snow, but it's still mainly sleet and hail. Temp 1.4 and falling, wind chill -3.

Posted

Well... as has been mentioned earlier, a couple of really heavy showers here, but nothing settling... I'm honestly not expecting much here from this one, and if we do end up even with a slight covering I'll be well impressed!! Lots of luck to the snow starved who live further west though... could be your night!

Tim

Posted

Well I have never seen this amount of snow in such a short space of time. It can only be described as a white out for the last ten minutes and it is getting heavier.

M...

Posted

Just been oot to Cumbernauld to fetch Boys Cheegers guitar from repair, and had a heavy snaw shower, shame it was short lived as it may just have made inroads to settling had it lasted. Lots of showers oot west increasing in intensity.

Edited by Cheggers