Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

I think Thursday will be more interesting than this stuff at present. An organised snow band event is due to push in from the west. Kind of bored with this now as not really much sticking.

Posted

Usual non-event here pramthrow.gif

Give it time man! The main action is on its way this evening. I'll eat my own face if you don't get some sort of covering tonight

Posted

A mixture of snow, hail, graupel, sleet and rain in the showers today with some sunshine inbetween. Very windy too. It was nice to see a mini blizzard around lunchtime but I'd be hoping for some lying snow by tomorrow morning.

Posted

Some fairly heavy snow showers all afternoon a bit of melting going on but temperature now down to 0c and ice forming on puddles and snow crunching up.

Big showerpost-2744-0-88707300-1359997446_thumb.jp coming along the Firth just before dusk topped up the cover, plenty more still to the west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

My weather station is telling me it's going to snow. Where? Up here? When? It's a lying wee toerag!

Posted

Give it time man! The main action is on its way this evening. I'll eat my own face if you don't get some sort of covering tonight

Man eats his own face due to lack of snow .Front page news tomorrow !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

The snow showers have cleared again. A shower around 1530hr gave blizzard-like conditions and it left a thin covering, 0.5cm deep. Min air temp 0.3C.

The high ground all across NE Fife is covered.

Edited by snow1975

Posted

As to be expected (and despite the warning?) little chance of snow showers here. The mountains are doing their thing of eating the show activity very nicely. On the plus side it has been a good day for drying the washing. A bit like the Foehn effect but without the warmth!

Posted

Snow level is going down (can tell it's falling as the mountains are getting more white) but not there yet

Posted

Temps dropping away back here now, 1c. We've had some real beefy showers here, one of them settled nicely on the grass. Some hail, rail, general horizontal nasty stuff. Night of radar watching I think!

Posted

Cheggers blizzards here ., your next

Ya dancer.good.gif

The biggest seas currently on the planet are going to be west of Orkney over the next 60 hours. They will be monstrous, with a height of 48+feet. Whilst grand for driving 'stuff' ashore, its simply 'no witty' to be out in. Please STAY SAFE, take NO CHANCES. You won't get a second one from mother nature.

554876_559131340764122_1812181103_n.jpg

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

The biggest seas currently on the planet are going to be west of Orkney over the next 60 hours. They will be monstrous, with a height of 48+feet. Whilst grand for driving 'stuff' ashore, its simply 'no witty' to be out in. Please STAY SAFE, take NO CHANCES. You won't get a second one from mother nature.

Let's hope these guys have a really boring, dull week with not a shout between 'em...

http://rnli.org/findmynearest/pages/default.aspx?type=z&zoom=9&link=footer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snow finally back on here, very definitely snow this time, not quite lying yet but certainly trying fairly hard with a hefty line of showers moving across the central belt at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A couple of showers have made it through to here in the late afternoon and have left a thin cover.

Hoping for some heavy stuff tonight anywhere between here and Glasgow as I have a meeting there first thing tomorrow that I can do without.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather!

A full on blizzard here and settling quickly smile.png

Posted

Heavy horizontal snow shower with seriously strong wind that's shaking the lamppost outside. Temperature is still gradually falling so I'm hoping to seeing lying snow in the next couple of hours 2.0c/0.6c.

Posted

Ya dancer.good.gif

554876_559131340764122_1812181103_n.jpg

that is insane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Epic blizzard here.

Sideways whiteout. Amazing !!