Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

slight covering but hardly ice station zebra nothing below 300ft.Temps will rise early morning so a non event for most tonight.

Most of us have still got another twelve hours of snow potential before things turn dicey:

13020509_0412.gif

And I don't think we're done with the snow yet, still plenty of showers feeding in as we speak from the northwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Hopefully we will keep the Westerly component for some time yet. Once it goes NW we are out of it usually imby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Snaw falling gently here & we now have a covering.

0.3ºC/0ºC

Posted

Wind just got up again and so I took this photo at the front door a few minutes ago. Currently -0.6c.post-2744-0-73714100-1360008942_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Most of us have still got another twelve hours of snow potential before things turn dicey:

13020509_0412.gif

And I don't think we're done with the snow yet, still plenty of showers feeding in as we speak from the northwest.

not writing it off but it seems to be patchy rather than a big snow event.No lying snow in Falkirk below 300ft.Been snowing for 6 hours off and on and I have 1cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Dry here at the mo and turning icy. Looks like some cloud out to the West. Anything happening towards Perth?

It was blizzardy snow here about 30 mins ago, and left a light covering. But, everything is white though including the road.

Posted

Heavy heavy snow again. On and off most of the night. Lovely covering of snow at the minute and suspect it may continue infrequently through the night.

M...

Posted

Stars are oot, wind has dropped, nae ppn - yet another "excitable" non-event for these parts.

rofl.gif

I think especially for us central dwellers.We have missed out so many times this winter that we just plain out of optimism. Edited by November13

Posted

Recent shower topped up the car tracks again. Nothing like the intensity of those earlier showers though.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

snowing here and starting to settle knowing how the winter has gone so far now its shown it can settle there wont be any more showers the rest of the night lol

Posted

Well, just had a look outside and there is a covering of snow and the radar suggests not too many heavy showers have passed. I'll be hoping for more persistent and heavy showers overnight to reach atleast a cm, an inch preferably. Is there any chance of this tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Some heavy snow here, started to settle within 5 mins even though ground really damp. Oh so exciting!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Winter Storms, Heatwaves.

Can also confirm whiteout conditions at my location. Everything covered including the main road.

Posted

I think especially for us central dwellers.We have missed out so many times this winter that we just plain out of optimism.

I actually think I want it to snow more for you than me tonight to cheer you up.

Posted

I actually think I want it to snow more for you than me tonight to cheer you up.

I am ok as have a covering.But below me its just wet .Must be the heat from grangemouth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

This is pretty insane in South East Glasgow ground was soaking but the snow has still manage to land! Yr and BBC saying heavy snow at 2-4am then again tomorrow morning fingers crossed! Whiteout