Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The start to February has been exceptionally dry here in Darlo just like February 2012 was

The first 11 days have produced just 2mm of rain

At the same time last February the first 11 days produced 3mm of rain

The 1981 to 2010 average is 32.9mm for the month I can't see us getting anywhere near that to be honest the latest met office outlook out to mid March has the possibility of below average rain fall through out

9 out of the 12 months last year had 60mm or more of rain in each month only January to March had below average rainfall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

What snow showers? What convective weather? laugh.png

Sorry Alza but the output for a short while pointed to a non convective easterly, today was our best chance but the easterly flow hardly got going at all in reality once again.

And to think I get accused of being negative for simply reading the charts. rolleyes.gif

dunno the showers do seem to be pepping up abit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Light snow here at last! Looks like grauple actually.

There are some pretty beefy showers out to sea - unfortunately the wind is now a SE'ly so I think we'll struggle to see them move onshore, but its certainly worth keeping an eye on the area off the coast near Hull to see if the showers get going as they would then move towards us.

Edited by Alza

Posted

Plenty of light-moderate snow showers now look like moving onshore in Northumberland.

Posted

Plenty of light-moderate snow showers now look like moving onshore in Northumberland.

Whoopee-do.

Posted

Looks like many parts will see falling and lying snow tomorrow,although sadly probably

not hanging around for very long!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Current estimations for darlo are for the snow to arrive around lunch time turning heavy between 13:00 and 16:00, from around 19:00 it will start to turn to sleet and eventually rain

The temperature rise is expected to be rapid Thursday morning will be chilly still highs around 2c by around 13:00 it will be around 7c and sunny

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Current estimations for darlo are for the snow to arrive around lunch time turning heavy between 13:00 and 16:00, from around 19:00 it will start to turn to sleet and eventually rain

The temperature rise is expected to be rapid Thursday morning will be chilly still highs around 2c by around 13:00 it will be around 7c and sunny

hopefully we'll get a few inches out of this

Posted

Did anyone just see 'the year Britain flooded' on channel 4, first weather documentary I've seen focused on Newcastle and Tyneside, a brilliant watch!

Posted

Tomorrow looks a similiar event to 25th January but less snowfall overall - a front moving in from the atlantic into cold uppers producing quite hefty falls of snow over high ground and especially Cumbria, wouldn't be surprised if many parts of central, se cumbria end up with 4 inches, the precipitation will be heavy and it looks like we could see a good 6 hours or so of snow before it turns rapidly into rain.

Conditions over higher routes will be appauling the usual suspects A66, Kirkstone Pass, Hartside Pass, Shap Fell A6 will most likely be closed to traffic.

What a pity milder air will quickly thaw the snow - yet again... its been the theme of the winter. Conditions on the fells are right now once again in full winter state with deep snow cover above 350m and freezing level around 300m.. by the weekend the snowline will retreat to about 750m again and it will be slushy stuff.. will we manage a blue sky weekend with thick snow at relatively low levels this year...its been a very very frustrating one for snow cold winter walker lovers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Curtis main does it again 2 games 2 goals from him

good.gif

yes just got bk im drunk n happy n what a good goal it was then he got sent off lol, anyway snowman making approx 3pm before it goes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hello Far northers, I'm very happy to be in your neck of the woods tomorrow, was supposed to be a day work trip on Monday, but I'm still here.

I live about as far south as you can get, we had a good dump of snow in jan, about 4 inches, that's our best since 2010' really rare to see that much where I live, are my chances good for tomorrow up here?

Would love to return to the south west regional with some pics, due to fly back to Southampton at 7pm from Newcastle Int tomorrow, only occasion a delay would not faze me, big lamp posts at airports.

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your regional thread! Lol

Cheers

Karl

Posted

Remarkably quiet in here considering the risk of significant snow in the next few hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Remarkably quiet in here considering the risk of significant snow in the next few hours!

I think we are just all worn out with the prospects that never happen Alza lol

Posted

It will this time :p

Posted

A few flakes of snow here now blowing around in a fresh breeze,not a bad day

for a day off!

Looks very promising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Looking very interesting for the next 4-5 hours here , Dew point at -3.3 air temp 1.3. Easerly the right side of marginal enjoy it before it all gets washed away tonight.

By the way the UKMO trending towards the ECM on the 0z could get interesting at the tail end off the month. But then again we have been here time and time again this winter lets hope the polar vortex drops right over us, ala 2010

Posted

A few flakes starting to fall here.