Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 20z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It's been snowing really heavy here for the last 30 minutes or so but not really adding to the slight depth on the ground.

Posted

Still falling but no accum shame really cos i reckon that i would of had a couple of cm by now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Temps dropping a bit now

Wind seems to be picking up to now

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Looking at the cloud sat the low that was ment to be near here is a lot further west and heading to spain

Posted

11:40 and first signs of sleet/wet snow mixed with the rain. Could be the first signs of the transitional taking place for my area. Hope this is also a good sign for places further west, as the colder air starts to dig in from the east.

Still early stages at present and wet snow metling on impact obviously, but hopefully this sets up an interesting day and night ahead.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Snow line is through the middle of my house, front garden not really settling, field and stables which are about 100ft higher up it's settling. Heavy snow, big flakes.

50p sized flakes just started to fall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Would rather it be a dry, sunny day...

Posted

When people post comments like "it's snowing here or it's raining now" can they give us a general location please..btw moderate heavy rain here in liverpool.. And 5c so no chance of any snow here yet..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Thats definately sleety rain out there

Posted

When people post comments like "it's snowing here or it's raining now" can they give us a general location please..btw moderate heavy rain here in liverpool.. And 5c so no chance of any snow here yet..

I think the problem is that when you view this on a phone it doesn't show our location which you can see on a laptop so we don't think about it.

For you I will state that it is snowing heavily in Bacup which is 1000ft above sea level.

I think the problem is that when you view this on a phone it doesn't show our location which you can see on a laptop so we don't think about it.

For you I will state that it is snowing heavily in Bacup which is 1000ft above sea level.

I'm only about 550ft above see level, sounds like I'm fooked! :(

Posted

Disruptive snow yeah right...the only disruption it causing here is that i cant get nowt done looking out the window

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

But only in your back garden S F, lol

It really is strange at the moment, as you said massive flakes of snow but no obvious increase in depth.

I can only immagine that the layer immediately above the ground is melting as quickly as that above is increasing.

I remember an event like this on the day we moved into our present house mid 1990's.

Snow up here settled to a depth of a couple of inches but down in the town centre it never stuck at all and with only about 150 feet difference ASL between the two.

Posted

Local radio is saying to beware of 2.5 inches of snow. Nobody knows what's going on haha. Currently on the way to the Lowry and still sleeting on the M61/M60 interchange slightly.

Posted

Unsurprisingly the UK Met Office haven't updated their warnings yet, they must be bloody snookered!

Still looking for the red marker pen for the London area.

Hopefully they will find it soon.