Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 >

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Morning! Is it? Just in, have been out on the ran-dan for once! Birthday girl here too! God how many of us is there around this time? Tried to decipher the MT comments but one too many I'm afraid. Will get my head round it tomorrow.

Happy birthday guys!smile.png

Happy birthday to all! good.gif Should've had a joint netweather forum party since about have the thread seems to have been born today.

Anyway, here's some birthday charts for you all:

Rrea00119630216.gif

Rrea00119600216.gif

Rrea00119550216.gif

(this one looks like next week by the wayblum.gif )

Rrea00119470216.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Oh goody! Will be able to use my new prototype next week..........post-1989-0-28219600-1360975239_thumb.jp

Hate the way I'm creeping up the digits tho'!

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

All appears very positive on the MT this morning? Looks like the easterly is nailded! Turning colder for sure but snowy for our areas not so sure? Of course long way to go yet and plenty of opportunities I expect to bring us into the mix. I will be very happy indeed if this winter goes out with a sting in its tail! (especially for Falkirk!)biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Many happy returns to the Birthday Crew! drinks.gif

Did anyone manage to see the meteor last night? Always secretly hankered for a telescope, but don't have one (probably would struggle to find the moon on it tbh). So, just wondered if anyone else managed to see it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Many happy returns to the Birthday Crew! drinks.gif

Did anyone manage to see the meteor last night? Always secretly hankered for a telescope, but don't have one (probably would struggle to find the moon on it tbh). So, just wondered if anyone else managed to see it.

It was cloudy here at the time of the asteroid's transit OTR. As I was telling my 18 year old this morning that is typical when something is happening in the sky.

If you and the children ever want a night of telescope observing just PM me. I have four telescopes and accompanying lenses and eyepieces. My boys just aren't interested. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

All appears very positive on the MT this morning? Looks like the easterly is nailded! Turning colder for sure but snowy for our areas not so sure? Of course long way to go yet and plenty of opportunities I expect to bring us into the mix. I will be very happy indeed if this winter goes out with a sting in its tail! (especially for Falkirk!)biggrin.png

Butterfly wings flapping in a reasonable direction, again moreso on the GFS than the euros but we'll see how it goes:

gfs-0-156.png?6

compared to:

ECM1-168.GIF?16-12

and UKMO at +144:

UW144-21.GIF?16-06

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, even a relatively slack flow can deliver with the right uppers, and it's still 5+ days away until the core of the potential.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, even a relatively slack flow can deliver with the right uppers, and it's still 5+ days away until the core of the potential.

I completely echo that sentiment, let's get the fish on the hook, reel it in and land it before worrying about how much eating there is on the fish and how tasty it is.

Posted

Nice early spring day today sunny, moderate south wind and currently 11c after light overnight rain. Mrs Northernlights has even got the washing out to dry outside for the first time this year. Wonder if she will be hanging it out this time next week?

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Defo very spring like here today, temp currently at 10.2,dry with a good breeze. Cauld weather? Ach, away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: variety

Max of 9C here but a nagging breeze kept it feeling cool. Low cloud, no more than a 100ft at times, and frequent drizzle with heavier spells of rain made it all in all quite a raw miserable day here.

Posted

If you're thinking of dropping into the MT for a clue on the latest updates........erm...... I would leave it for a while! rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

If you're thinking of dropping into the MT for a clue on the latest updates........erm...... I would leave it for a while! rolleyes.gif

Wait...don't tell me...there's a bit of this,eh?post-18260-0-25083200-1361041562_thumb.jpost-18260-0-13246600-1361041576_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Back too normal in the MT, ECM still looking cold but not sure what our prospects are as the MT is all about the SE.

Cloudy all day here, thought the sun might of made an appearance but sadly not today, only reached 6.8 today

Edited by Allyw12

Posted

Hopefully MT is a bit more tidied-up now after a therapeutic cleanse biggrin.png

Cool/cold and dry - suits me. Although the heating bill won't be welcome...

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Just a day of steady drizzle, would have been nice as snow - light powder would have done me. Looking forward to some old mountain inversion weather for a couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

not doing very well with windows 7 photo editing but anyway... Dunnet Bay middle of the afternoon....

edit in fact I think if I could see that properly I'd delete it, aaargh!

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Not much to say about central belt weather today as I spent the day in snow! Glenshee rocks. Lots of low cloud but was only going slowly with the wee man so all good.

Omm do you frequent the slopes with an SLR by any chance?