Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/02/13 20z --->

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm not really that disappointed with this winter season. I live right on the coast,so to get snow here is pretty tricky at the best of times, but I've seen lying snow for a few days, and snow falling on more than a couple of occasions. It hasn't really been barmy mild, other than a blip in December and very early January. A nice FFFRESH easterly to finish things off, and who knows we may get a final bite with a Northerly tail end of next week, although it looks like northern areas and elevation will probably do the best, if indeed in comes off at all.

All in all I'm satisfied. Nice hot summer with torrential Thunderstorms now please! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Does anyone know where I could locate weather records for Exeter in Devon through the years like highest tempesrature recorded, most snow, highest wind gust, most rain etc....I could not find anything online last night?

It would be a huge help, thankyou acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Does anyone know where I could locate weather records for Exeter in Devon through the years like highest tempesrature recorded, most snow, highest wind gust, most rain etc....I could not find anything online last night?

It would be a huge help, thankyou acute.gif

It's extremely hard to get past data unless someone has set up their own station.

I emailed the Met Office some time ago to ask for the years average temps and rainfall from their official station 11 miles from me, they mailed me back with a price tag of £500 ohmy.png

Anyway, i found this station near Exeter; http://www.rockbeareweather.co.uk/

Stats go back to the middle of 2006; http://www.rockbeare...eviousData.html

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

As it's Friday..

http://www.facebook....&type=2

That's exactly what i do in my dreams when i'm trying to run away from sombody. rofl.gif

That is quite possibly the most random video I have ever watched............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cloud is starting to break up with glimpses of sunshine appearing from time to time.

Current temperature is 1.7c

Posted

http://weatherspark.com/history/28770/2012/Exeter-England-United-Kingdom

http://www.whiptonweather.webspace.virginmedia.com/whiptonwx/

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Exeter-weather-averages/Devon/GB.aspx

http://www.tutiempo.net/en/Climate/Exeter_Airport/38390.htm

http://uk.weather.com/climate/annualClimo-Exeter-UKXX0054

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

It's extremely hard to get past data unless someone has set up their own station.

I emailed the Met Office some time ago to ask for the years average temps and rainfall from their official station 11 miles from me, they mailed me back with a price tag of £500 ohmy.png

Anyway, i found this station near Exeter; http://www.rockbeareweather.co.uk/

Stats go back to the middle of 2006; http://www.rockbeare...eviousData.html

Thankyou for that! smile.png I can't believe they wanted to charge you, we get the weather for free.....I can't wait to have a garden to put a weather station in! We've got a communal one at the moment and not sure i'd risk it!

I found this page which is more what I was looking for, just wish it had a main records page as there lots of pages to scroll through but at least I found something :-

http://www.tutiempo..../2001/38390.htm

I'm surprised that most years the highest temperature we get is about 27! Are we that cool here? Always feels warmer in the sun, I guess it's the humidity living fairly close to coast. Although in the 70's I think Exeter recorded 34 and from what I can see the strongest gust of wind was during the Burns Day 1990 storm which was 86mph! Wow

Edited by TwisterGirl81

Posted

Almost pub time!!drinks.gif

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Almost pub time!!drinks.gif

Indeed! clapping.gifdrinks.gif

This cold spell is far more interesting than manky wet dross from the atlantic train although wish we had some sun or/and snow to go with it! aggressive.gif

Posted

13022312_2212.gif

13022318_2212.gif

Looks like theres the chance of seeing the odd shower tomorrow looking at the latest 12Z NAE

Well that's an upgrade for the Dorset Snow shield of earlier,happy with that!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

However Lulsgate is on considerably higher and exposed ground than in the city! I learnt that when Ian did a report on their weather equipment and

recording a few months ago.

True. Should have specified Lulsgate as I don't think N-W shows the temperature from within the city. Though a friend of mine did put a picture on facebook of a lonesome icicle hanging from a tree twig at Bristol University so it can't be that far behind. :)

Posted

Well that's an upgrade for the Dorset Snow shield of earlier,happy with that!!

Definitely! Even Devon has been upgraded again since 06z, not as good as 00z run though. I have noticed that the NAE has been underplaying the dewpoints for my area, showing -3c but its actually -6c at the moment, so fingers crossed for it to fall as snow :)

Posted

Definitely! Even Devon has been upgraded again since 06z, not as good as 00z run though. I have noticed that the NAE has been underplaying the dewpoints for my area, showing -3c but its actually -6c at the moment, so fingers crossed for it to fall as snow smile.png

I really can't see anything falling out the sky being anything but snow, with the 2m temps and DP's where they are. It's not going to be rain!

Good luck to all for any surprises

Posted

Personally, I think Cherbourg is the sweet spot tonight looking at the radar angle of attack right now! damn those french stealing our snow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Once again it is snowing lightly in Newbury. good.gif

Currently the AT is 1.0c after a Maximum of 2.0c, -3.9c DP and 5mph 10min avg NE, steady Barometer trend at 1019.4mb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Posted

A nice consistant 24 hrs .. i still want lower temps, dew point and wind chill though. sad.png

post-15177-0-36069500-1361548572_thumb.p

You might have been lucky had this been posted on Wednesday, I think now we are already heading to milder things even now. Easterlies don't really seem to do much for us and this one less than most.

Although major plus it is dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Bitterly cold again here today. Coldest feeling day this year I reckon.

Temperature currently 1.0c with a very impressive dewpoint of -6.1c

Windchill of -3.8c

Similiar tomorrow too, if not very slightly less cold. Maybe lucky and see a flurry or two too.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Easterlies don't really seem to do much for us and this one less than most.

I disagree with that see ..

Although this Easterly hasn't delivered due to a lack of shortwaves or troughs, it has always been the best way to get 'decent' snowfall here.

Battlegrounds are a waste of time, it always rains. Northerlies are about as potent as a fart in a wind tunnel.

The snow we've had this winter has come from a slider-low which has swung the isobars around to a south easterly, or a temporary Easterly. :)

PS: Your humidity is extremely low, it's only 10% more than more indoor humidty and i have the heating on and windows closed! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Easterlies don't really seem to do much for us and this one less than most.

I can remember many an easterly in the 80s being good for the whole south including the far west, who can remember Francis Wilson when he was doing the weather on bbc breakfast back in the 80s, one forecast in particular sticks in my mind, had showers packing into the east and blowing all the way across to the west throughout the day on the strong to Gale force wind, so yes easterlies can certainly deliver in this part of the country.