Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/02/13 20z --->

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Yep, looking good for light snow tomorrow morning here. biggrin.png Biting wind here right now.

Good luck to all our far southwest snow deprived friends; must be many years since a true easterly gave you convective hope....enjoy!!

Posted

Here's a photo taken this morning of a heron that landed on the roof of another house as I was enjoying the view of Cley Hill, the bird in

flight is a bonus!

post-107-0-25827900-1361447175_thumb.jpg

And this is a zoomed in photo showing the view I now enjoy, roll on convective days and, dare I say it, thundery nights!

post-107-0-80041000-1361447262_thumb.jpg

Posted

Here's a photo taken this morning of a heron that landed on the roof of another house as I was enjoying the view of Cley Hill, the bird in

flight is a bonus!

And this is a zoomed in photo showing the view I now enjoy, roll on convective days and, dare I say it, thundery nights!

Which direction is that facing Andy?

Posted

Would be great down in torbay to get any snow. We missed out earlier this year and in dec 2010. I remember the train journey in dec 2010. Thunder and hail at home, haldon hill closed so travelled by train into exeter. Nothing in newton abbot, snow at dawlish on the coast! Then deeper and deeper into exeter. Really odd having family at home in green fields and work mad with 7" + of lying snow and the hospital on alert due the poor conditions.

On the last 4 GFS run's Exeter , Dawlish areas look right in the shower stream .. Will be very interesting to see how it set's up .

Posted

Good luck to all our far southwest snow deprived friends; must be many years since a true easterly gave you convective hope....enjoy!!

For us to get a true easterly around here, we'd have to blow up the IOW. Dynamite anybody?good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

For us to get a true easterly around here, we'd have to blow up the IOW. Dynamite anybody?good.gif

But the ferry would have nowhere to go !!cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Nice one Andy,

I have view from the other way to Cley Hill. Certainly a good vantage point up there to watch Storms , sunsets etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's about as Easterly as you can get it right now? o_O

Currently 2.5°C and cloudy. Dew point -3.1°C Windchill -1.5°C Apparent temp -3.1°C

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Yep, looking good for light snow tomorrow morning here. biggrin.png Biting wind here right now.

BBC weather now giving 2-3 hours heavy snow for helston 7-10AM tomorrow morninggood.gif

Hope it's right.

East wind horrendous here now. must be gusting gale force and very big seas. YUK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

2.1c but feeling much colder in brisk wind, Overcast with odd bright interludes, Having been down by river, happy to get back indoors and warm up,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Cold blustery wind, Some windchill, light snow flurries, could lead to 2 or 3 cms over higher ground,,,,,,,,,Wrap up warm and enjoy your stay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sure Beast of Dartmoor can give you more detailed prognosis

Indeed I can, but you were pretty bang on cerneman. Baltic is the word I am looking for!! Chance of snow, perheps 3-5cms over high ground tomorrow. However the wind chill over exposed areas is very, very cold today and we have windchill down to -12c over the weekend, so wraps whatever you do Iggy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Well its 1.7C here, Wind Chill -4.3C & a DP of -2.7C, I just stepped outside and the wind took a short cut straight through me, feels Baltic! cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted

Nice lengthy sunny spells today, though it is bitterly cold 4C at the moment with a dew point of -3.3C & apparent temp of -0.5C after a minimum of 1C cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So is there a chance of snow flurries here in Somerset tomorrow and over the weekend? I haven't seen a forecast recently! I rely too much on you lot and social media!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So is there a chance of snow flurries here in Somerset tomorrow and over the weekend? I haven't seen a forecast recently! I rely too much on you lot and social media!

I think central and northern somerset is too sheltered to see any snow to be honest khodds. Damn chilly at home today though at just 0.6c and a stiff easterly wind! cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cold, overcast with a raw wind today.

Was hoping to see a little more sunshine than what I have but alas, it wasn't to be. For the next 48 hours its looking cold and raw before very slowly becoming less cold into next week.

Good luck chasing that elusive snowflake all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I think central and northern somerset is too sheltered to see any snow to be honest khodds. Damn chilly at home today though at just 0.6c and a stiff easterly wind! cold.gif

😞. Here's hoping for a surprise! Yes it's blooming cold - just been to the tip to take grass cuttings, seems mad we cut the lawn earlier this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

A glimmer of the sun thing poked through the cloud base at 10001m.Noticed how chilly it was and has gone again..

'

Current data for WH1081

21 February 2013 14:56:00

Temperature (°C):

Current 1.3

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Average today -0.5

Wind chill -1.0

Heat Index 1.3

Dew Point -6.7

Rel Humidity 55%

Wind (km/h):

Current Gust 18.4 E

Average Speed 7.2 ENE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 0.0

Total yesterday 0.0

Total this month 6.3

Total this year 6.3

Pressure (hPa):

Current 1017.7

Trend (per hour) -0.6

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Indeed I can, but you were pretty bang on cerneman. Baltic is the word I am looking for!! Chance of snow, perheps 3-5cms over high ground tomorrow. However the wind chill over exposed areas is very, very cold today and we have windchill down to -12c over the weekend, so wraps whatever you do Iggy!!

Yikes! -12c windchill?!! Thanks BoD!

Will pass on the info to the rest of the jolly campers although may find myself volunteering Aga cooking duties rather than mutt walking on the Baltic Moorland this weekend!

Will report back to the team IF/WHEN we see any of the white stuff... gonna be an adventure, for sure!

Thanks again,

Iggy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Afternoon all, it's blinking freezing out there! I've been stuck up a scaffold all day cutting a stupidly big hedge, all I can say is that biting wind reached places I really wish it hadn't....I'm off to hug the Aga and dream of a warm Spring - sometime soon would be good!

Posted

Cold, overcast with a raw wind today.

Was hoping to see a little more sunshine than what I have but alas, it wasn't to be.

The sunshine has become more dominant than cloud in the last hour in Warminster so maybe the breaks will move further

N/W before sunset. If it continues to be clearer than cloudy then I wonder how cold it could get this evening.

I do wonder though if the breaks are due to the Easterly breeze breaking cloud up as it moves over Salisbury Plain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Yikes! -12c windchill?!! Thanks BoD!

Will pass on the info to the rest of the jolly campers although may find myself volunteering Aga cooking duties rather than mutt walking on the Baltic Moorland this weekend!

Will report back to the team IF/WHEN we see any of the white stuff... gonna be an adventure, for sure!

Thanks again,

Iggy

Yikes indeed Iggy!! I think the best way I can describe the cold today is penetrating. It gets right into your bones!! On a serious note, make sure if you do go walking with your friends, you rememeber which way you went. May sound stupid but the Moors can be a bleak and unsettling place when you are lost, especially with this weather!!

I hope you have fun.... And I would probably opt for the Aga duties as well!! good.gif

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Perhaps a flurry for some of us on Saturday afternoon;

post-12721-0-59944700-1361460759_thumb.j