Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 09/03/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

see that big hole of nothingness in showers? im dead centre lol

I've given up also off to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Blizzard like conditions here at the mo,love watching the snow blowing around on the floor.

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

see that big hole of nothingness in showers? im dead centre lol

well for what its worth joggs , shower activity is slowly beginning to intensify, look at whats happening over hull on the radar and how the showers are developing with their progression inland,just like whats going on in the midlands/wales.....as an example.... or closer to home follow a shower heading from scarborough down the A64 all the way to leeds.... it waekens as it passes york.. then intensifies..convection looks like taking hold, personally im expecting towake up to a nice covering.

Posted

WOW,really heavy here now,cannot see 100 meters down the street,exelent stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather,sun,clouds,hate rain .

location scarborough this night,and its comming down thick snow ,big flakes and looks to be sticking nicely,windy and cold.clapping.gif

Posted

A very frustrating evening here as almost every single snow shower has missed this location despite being only a few miles from the coast.

Currently -0.1C with a dewpoint of -4.3C which is exceptional considering theres a 20mph onshore wind. It definitely shows how being close to the coast doesnt affect things much when its cold enough.

Posted

Nothing in York either... Was looking forward to an interesting drive to work tomorrow.

oh well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

well for what its worth joggs , shower activity is slowly beginning to intensify, look at whats happening over hull on the radar and how the showers are developing with their progression inland,just like whats going on in the midlands/wales.....as an example.... or closer to home follow a shower heading from scarborough down the A64 all the way to leeds.... it waekens as it passes york.. then intensifies..convection looks like taking hold, personally im expecting towake up to a nice covering.

I doubt it myself, most of the activity is to the south and north of here. Need some hefty showers to pep up around Scarborough/Filey and hopefully they can make their way here without weakening too much, but they usually do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm stuck in the dry slot at the moment but it is slowly drifting south so I am optimistic about seeing more snow showers in the early hours of the morning.

Posted

OMG EVERY ONE CHECK DN5. BLIZZARD LIKE CONDITIONS!!!

might just miss me here,just to the south.

Posted

post-1104-0-51739800-1362959749_thumb.pn

that was so intense! 30mph gusts and heavy snow! jack pot that was smile.png

Edited by Craigers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/winter warm clear days summer

A very frustrating evening here as almost every single snow shower has missed this location despite being only a few miles from the coast.

Currently -0.1C with a dewpoint of -4.3C which is exceptional considering theres a 20mph onshore wind. It definitely shows how being close to the coast doesnt affect things much when its cold enough.

white out in doncaster

Posted

The windchill is certainly notable even if the snow at the moment isnt. A windchill low of -5.5C at just before 10pm here.

There wont be any ice days here though as the temperature is now back above freezing. Currently 0.2C with a dewpoint of -4.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

best of luck to us all tonight, lets hope we all open our curtains to a white world :)

Its been a bit underwhelming in Sheffield so far today, not much more than a flurry so far!

Im hoping its the overnight period that delivers, which is supposed to be the main risk time for us anyway isnt it?

Posted

best of luck to us all tonight, lets hope we all open our curtains to a white world smile.png

Its been a bit underwhelming in Sheffield so far today, not much more than a flurry so far!

Im hoping its the overnight period that delivers, which is supposed to be the main risk time for us anyway isnt it?

Tomorrow will be snowy for someone - it depends if you (or me) land in one of those infamous aligned bands of showers

Posted

Humongous snow storm, the closest to a blizzard I've seen this year in Sheff. Poor visibility and dry powder blowing across the road. Splendid. Hoping for Disruption this morning!

Posted

Humongous snow storm, the closest to a blizzard I've seen this year in Sheff. Poor visibility and dry powder blowing across the road. Splendid. Hoping for Disruption this morning!

that shower was immense wasn't it!!! And same here with the blizzard like conditions. Happy already :)

Posted

Finally a shower has hit us. Heavy powdery snow falling now with a temp of -0.2C.

Posted
  • Location: Dalton/Thrybergh - Rotherham - South Yorkshire. Check my profile for assistance with legal solutions, family support and academic solutions.
  • Weather Preferences: Live to see snow. Hate summer, LOVE winter
  • Location: Dalton/Thrybergh - Rotherham - South Yorkshire. Check my profile for assistance with legal solutions, family support and academic solutions.

This has put a very big smile on my face, here in snowy Rotherham smile.png))))

post-572-0-79884600-1362962295_thumb.jpg

Posted

This has put a very big smile on my face, here in snowy Rotherham smile.png))))

Oh that must be the one that myself and craigers have also experianced. It was epic but so small on the radar. i want to get up and have another look but my wife is getting a bit annoyed now! How silly is she! Tut.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Oh that must be the one that myself and craigers have also experianced. It was epic but so small on the radar. i want to get up and have another look but my wife is getting a bit annoyed now! How silly is she! Tut.

I had the same issue when I was with my ex.....the amount of times I got moaned/shouted at is unreal lol