Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 09/03/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted

north east looks like its going to get a pasting

Edited by willkani

Posted

I had the same issue when I was with my ex.....the amount of times I got moaned/shouted at is unreal lol

My wife wakes me up or takes a photo of the snow for me, no wonder I married her :D

Heavy snow now and a temp of -1.1C, its extremely powdery and blowing everywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Neil Bradhsaw's site at South Shields has been hovering at around -0.5 to -1.0C in the clear spells and is currently at -2.6C- remarkable stuff!

Just having another snow shower here after a long dry spell, though still just a dusting (about half a centimetre or so) on the ground so far- most of the heavier snow showers have been north of here so far. Still fairly optimistic that some of the heavier ones may come further south during the rest of the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

My wife wakes me up or takes a photo of the snow for me, no wonder I married her biggrin.png

Heavy snow now and a temp of -1.1C, its extremely powdery and blowing everywhere.

Haha you're certainly lucky!

I think most of us snow lovers have uttered that immortal line in late winter......'I need to keep checking, this might be the last time I see snow until next winter!'

I know I certainly have blum.gif No wonder I'm single :p

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

Neil Bradhsaw's site at South Shields has been hovering at around -0.5 to -1.0C in the clear spells and is currently at -2.6C- remarkable stuff!

Just having another snow shower here after a long dry spell, though still just a dusting (about half a centimetre or so) on the ground so far- most of the heavier snow showers have been north of here so far. Still fairly optimistic that some of the heavier ones may come further south during the rest of the night.

It just shows that if you get a flow cold enough then even on the coast with an onshore wind you can get below freezing. Theres definitely no chance of any marginality when the upper air is this cold!

It also highlights how amazing 12th January 1987 was which saw a maximum temp here of -4.0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather,sun,clouds,hate rain .

It has been clear of snow here for the past 2 hours,its now started up again, thick and swirling blizzard like snow,.it is 31 f and wind chill takes it down to 16f .wind speed 34 mph with gusts of 50 mph in scarborough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Now people believeme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

This has put a very big smile on my face, here in snowy Rotherham smile.png))))

Probably started 2 minutes after I'd gone to bed. :)

Posted

A couple of decent showers blown in in the last half hour. I'm so used to it being marginal on the coast, Iv'e not seen snow like this for a long time, It's really dry and powdery, Really swirling about in the wind. Not laying great, I'm expecting a 10 foot drift at the bottom of the street when i go past because that's where it looks like it's all headed! !

Checking back at the radar the Wolds look to have done well overnight and some in other parts of Scarborough reporting a couple of cm's. Very hit and miss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Hardly anything here at work at Ecclesfield.

Usually other way round. Nothing in Rotherham and loads of snow here. lol

Posted

Well hope today the showers beef up n move well in land.Thoughts anyone? Made up for you lot who get some.Laters

Posted

Well hope today the showers beef up n move well in land.Thoughts anyone? Made up for you lot who get some.Laters

Can't be far off mate. Just had 2 direct hits here in Pudsey. Last one left a full dusting everywhere where the last one had been blown away.

Very gusty in showers. Temp -1.3c. wind NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Not a lot of snow lying here- a dusting but just enough to count as a Met Office snow day (about 70% cover at 0900). There were occasional heavy blowing snowstorms but they passed through quickly and didn't add much to the snow cover. However, today looks like being a proper day of sunshine and snow showers, something that I rather missed during the cold spells in the traditional winter quarter.

Posted

It just shows that if you get a flow cold enough then even on the coast with an onshore wind you can get below freezing. Theres definitely no chance of any marginality when the upper air is this cold!

It also highlights how amazing 12th January 1987 was which saw a maximum temp here of -4.0C.

That's an incredibly low maximum near the coast- though 12th January 1987 had 850hPa temperatures of -18 or -19C looking at the archive charts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Lovely weather. Snow showers too. I love the way no-one can admit that I was right last night! Lol. Hoping fit something decent today......

Posted

Morning

Dusting of powdery snow which has left a patchy covering, hoping for more this morning

A good description there mate, not expecting much intensity in the showers around me, a tad too far west......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Decent dusting everywhere here, couple of cm, the wind howling around the gables and intense short showers of powdery snow blowing around the hard surfaces oh and a day off work rofl.gif i can't do any surveying of flora and fauna like this good.gif